• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA, is MS trying to get fired? Downs is mowing down the Rays and gets pulled. Walden proceeds to come in and immediately give up a single and a HR.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Inge was just released from the Tigers...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Inge was just released from the Tigers...

Hope someone else picks him up. Doesn't he have a decent sized contract, done nothing at the plate or on the field, and been vocal in the media in a not-so-good way?

edit: nevermind, if he is released doesn't he still get paid by DET? So Texas would sign him to a new contract, which would probably be near the minimum wage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should be focusing on Oakland instead of LA...:rofl:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope someone else picks him up. Doesn't he have a decent sized contract, done nothing at the plate or on the field, and been vocal in the media in a not-so-good way?

edit: nevermind, if he is released doesn't he still get paid by DET? So Texas would sign him to a new contract, which would probably be near the minimum wage?

Correct. Pro-rated portion of the league minimum. DET eats his contract for this season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Pro-rated portion of the league minimum. DET eats his contract for this season.

You would have to imagine that if Texas were interested he might come here. Of course there are other spots that he would be an upgrade over their starter (LAA, cough cough) at 3B

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You would have to imagine that if Texas were interested he might come here. Of course there are other spots that he would be an upgrade over their starter (LAA, cough cough) at 3B

A shame ... have always liked Inge. Just no room for him in DET. Has always been a hard working guy who will play anywhere DET needed him to.

I think he'll get picked up pretty quick as he's an option at 3b that would be an upgrade on either guy playing there for OAK for one.

Bummer ... 12 years and a pink slip. He's been with DET as long as MY has been with TEX.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
beginning to think that we had better worry about Seattle. they just completed a 3-game sweep of Detroit

SEA swept DET and OAK took its series w/CHW. TPA finished off its sweep of LAA too. Lot of strange things going on not just w/TEX.

I think it's going to be a long season if we keep looking back to see who is there. It's still April.

Think Wash said ... just got to the play the scheduled game every night and not worry about anything else.

Don't think anybody is going to catch you if you are playing .750+ ball one game at a time ... and they are going to get real tired.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inge is a solid gloveman at 3B, but hasn't hit in about 4-5 years, he needs to go to a hitters park (not us, no use for him)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inge is a solid gloveman at 3B, but hasn't hit in about 4-5 years, he needs to go to a hitters park (not us, no use for him)

If we still needed a utility guy I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. Gonzo's been pretty impressive though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... not Young either but then he can still hit. Too bad he doesn't have Ingle's glove though.

according to Wash, Young's better than average at 1st, 2nd & 3rd and adequate at SS. of course on the short term to give Kinsler & Andrus a total day off Gonzalez is the logical choice.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to Wash, Young's better than average at 1st, 2nd & 3rd and adequate at SS. of course on the short term to give Kinsler & Andrus a total day off Gonzalez is the logical choice.

I don't care what Washington said to stroke Young's ego, he is not better than average at 3B (or even average for that matter) or remotely adequate at SS

At 1B and 2B i'd give him average.... maybe

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw this our there cause we haven't talked about it yet, but it's obvious what a huge strength our bullpen is. Texas really needs to resign mike Adams.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what Washington said to stroke Young's ego, he is not better than average at 3B (or even average for that matter) or remotely adequate at SS

At 1B and 2B i'd give him average.... maybe

well he is the manager and is in a better position to grade his players than you or i so i will give him the edge in the decision. and he's been doing it and actually getting paid to make those decisions for years. i don't see him stepping out of the dugout or going on line to ask our opinion on who he should play at a position so when he thinks a player to be better than average & you think the same player is not then i'll go with Wash's call

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well he is the manager and is in a better position to grade his players than you or i so i will give him the edge in the decision. and he's been doing it and actually getting paid to make those decisions for years. i don't see him stepping out of the dugout or going on line to ask our opinion on who he should play at a position so when he thinks a player to be better than average & you think the same player is not then i'll go with Wash's call

Sure... as JTA said ... what would you expect Wash to say? And as Al noted ... if his refrigerator could hit ... it would get playing time too. Wash has the final call we all know that. But that's irrelevant to what we all chat about here.

Goes back to the difference between Brandon Inge and Michael Young. One is still a pretty good fielder and one is still a pretty good hitter. Unfortunately for both ... neither is both.