• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... as JTA said ... what would you expect Wash to say? And as Al noted ... if his refrigerator could hit ... it would get playing time too. Wash has the final call we all know that. But that's irrelevant to what we all chat about here.

Goes back to the difference between Brandon Inge and Michael Young. One is still a pretty good fielder and one is still a pretty good hitter. Unfortunately for both ... neither is both.

well considering both, if it came down to picking one for this team, MY is the one who probably gets a contract from the Rangers this off-season because he more fits their needs

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well considering both, if it came down to picking one for this team, MY is the one who probably gets a contract from the Rangers this off-season because he more fits their needs

Was never "considering both" ... since only one of them half fits.

With Young already under contract through 2013 (his 36yo season) he might get an extension based on performance and 2012 outcome ... but doubt he's going to be offered a new contract unless it's considerably discounted from his current $16mil/year with performance points to earn more.

(my added edit) And as for "fits their needs" ... TEX isn't looking to Young to fill a need. His contract has to this point driven them manufacturing a place for him which offensively he has filled expertly.

If TEX sees him becoming the next Edgar Martinez ... with a guarranteed three more 200 hit seasons in his future ... then TEX might write him a new deal based on that future potential. But there is no need per se in the future that Young is filling beyond that niche. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never "considering both" ... since only one of them half fits.

With Young already under contract through 2013 (his 36yo season) he might get an extension based on performance and 2012 outcome ... but doubt he's going to be offered a new contract unless it's considerably discounted from his current $16mil/year with performance points to earn more.

(my added edit) And as for "fits their needs" ... TEX isn't looking to Young to fill a need. His contract has to this point driven them manufacturing a place for him which offensively he has filled expertly.

If TEX sees him becoming the next Edgar Martinez ... with a guarranteed three more 200 hit seasons in his future ... then TEX might write him a new deal based on that future potential. But there is no need per se in the future that Young is filling beyond that niche. IMO.[/QUOTE

We'll just have to wait and see. You seem to think the Rangers are only keeping him because of his contract and I believe it's what he brings in the cluhouse and on the field &in the dugout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels reddit page

Uw28u.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Tom to quit talking about cake balls and shit cause I've realized he's not gonna stop. However, I would appreciate if he wouldn't do it at pivotal moments in the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have anxiously awaited MLB's ruling on the signing of Dominican prospect Jairo Beras and the club could have an answer as soon as next week, according to Jeff Wilson of the Star-Telegram. The league launched an investigation in late March to determine if Beras is in fact 17-years-old and that the $4.5MM contract is legal.

Until late February, Beras presented himself as a 16-year-old, which would have made him eligible to sign on July 2nd and subject to the new CBA's restrictions on international amateur spending. While team officials won't talk about the situation, sources tell Ben Badler of Baseball America their assertion is that they simply outworked other clubs.

While the Rangers want to stress that they did nothing wrong, the greater focus will be on the 6'5" outfielder and why he previously claimed a different date of birth. However, sources told Badler that they would not be surprised if MLB allowed Beras to sign without any sanctions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Kemp with a walkoff HR for his 11th of the year...man, this guy is unreal

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Kemp with a walkoff HR for his 11th of the year...man, this guy is unreal

Meaa ... 6 of the 11 have been off SDP pitching ... may be more a commentary about their pitching (#6 worst NL HRs against) than Kemp's hot start.

*2HRs off Joe Wieland (SDP) ... in first 2 innings of his first start

*2HRs off Clayton Richard (SDP) .... 4HRs in 24.2IP

*1 off Edinson Volquez (SDP) ... 2 HRs in 30.0IP

*1 off Brad Brach (SDP) ... 1HR in 5.1IP

Plus 5HRs off of guys ... three of whom have combined given up 14HRs in 62.0IP ... (2.0HR/9)

*1 off J.A.Happ (HOU) ... 4HRs in 23.0IP

*1 off Kyle Wieland (HOU) ... 5HRs in 17.2IP

*1 off Randy Wolf (MIL) ... 5HRs in 21.1IP

*1 off Brandon Beachy (ATL) ... 1HR in 25.2IP

*1 off Tom Gorzelanny (WAS) ... 1 HR in 5.1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaa ... 6 of the 11 have been off SDP pitching ... may be more a commentary about their pitching (#6 worst NL HRs against) than Kemp's hot start.

Plus 5HRs off of guys ... three of whom have combined given up 14HRs in 62.0IP ... (2.0HR/9)

Well whatever the reasons may be...my FBB team is loving it and I'm a fan. We might be looking at a triple crown winner this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still got to hit them off ML pitching

Joe Wieland has looked pretty good after a rough 1st start

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You making the call in April? Kinda tough... last NL triple crown winner was 75 years ago. You think that BA will hold up?

Well considering how close he came last year and seems to be even better this year...sure, why not? If not, I would at least love to see him achieve his goal of being the first 50/50 guy.