• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It pains me to say that cause I despise them.

There are a couple of guys who I appreciate how they play the game ... Trumbo, Hunter, and Kendrick for example. A couple of others ... notably Trout is a young immature showboat.

Unfortunately, I think I am going to have a problem with Trout for a long time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis' next start depends on weekend bullpen session | MLB.com Mobile

I don't like the way this is looking. I love what Colby has done for this club but I'm telling you he won't make it to October. We need a pitcher and JD knows that and is working on it. Sounds like it probably isn't Hamels. Maybe lee, maybe Garza (gotta like the fact he's had plenty of success in the AL East), maybe Greinke.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of guys who I appreciate how they play the game ... Trumbo, Hunter, and Kendrick for example. A couple of others ... notably Trout is a young immature showboat.

Unfortunately, I think I am going to have a problem with Trout for a long time.

You and me both.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like the way this is looking. I love what Colby has done for this club but I'm telling you he won't make it to October. We need a pitcher and JD knows that and is working on it. Sounds like it probably isn't Hamels. Maybe lee, maybe Garza (gotta like the fact he's had plenty of success in the AL East), maybe Greinke.

I prefer lee or greinke it would be nice to get one of them then colby hopefully healthy later on

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer lee or greinke it would be nice to get one of them then colby hopefully healthy later on

and then you throw in how bad Feliz looked in his rehab start and you have to believe the Rangers are going to pull the trigger on a trade for another starter

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My preferences would be Lee then Garza. Although the prospect cost for both might be similar. Garza doesn't become a FA until 2014 and Cubs are going to want a higher return than if he were a rental.

Have zero interest in Greinke. Have always felt he was a fragile pitcher psychologically and while he's talented I don't see him having the mound presence to command the game in the post season. In his 2 games last fall he was terrible ... giving up 12ER combined to ARI and STL.

Greinke's got nothing I'm excited about. Garza I could get behind and Lee has the record and presence.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preferences would be Lee then Garza. Although the prospect cost for both might be similar. Garza doesn't become a FA until 2014 and Cubs are going to want a higher return than if he were a rental.

Have zero interest in Greinke. Have always felt he was a fragile pitcher psychologically and while he's talented I don't see him having the mound presence to command the game in the post season. In his 2 games last fall he was terrible ... giving up 12ER combined to ARI and STL.

Greinke's got nothing I'm excited about. Garza I could get behind and Lee has the record and presence.

Small sample size for greinke IMO but i want Lee if imgoing to aquire someone to top the rotation i wouldnt mind greinke either hes a very good pitcher

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

My take on it is the World Series is going thru New York and Yankee killer Cliff Lee would be a guy I'd like to see starting game 1.

Don't think Lee likes the heat so he may not want to come and who knows what it would take to get him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on it is the World Series is going thru New York and Yankee killer Cliff Lee would be a guy I'd like to see starting game 1.

Don't think Lee likes the heat so he may not want to come and who knows what it would take to get him.

He has 21 teams on his no trade clause and were not one of thwm so i think he wouldnt mind coming here.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scutaro, Lee, and (depending on cost and availability) Ruiz. I know I'm a broken record saying it, but it's a perfect complimentary package of players.

Jon Heyman of CBS (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) reported today that the Rangers are absolutely interested in acquiring Scutaro should Colorado make him available. Maybe it's legit, maybe it's bs... who knows.

It eats at me a bit that we will have to give up yet more prospects to get Cliff Lee's services again, but he would be worth it. He isn't Verlander or Kershaw good, but he slots just below them and would automatically be the Rangers best pitcher. I'm worried about Holland and Feliz's inconsistency and maturity, and Colby's iffy health these days isn't reassuring either. Lee, Harrison, Darvish... that's a very good 1-3. Colby(health) or Oswalt (effectiveness) takes the last rotation slot in the playoffs. Two lefties, two righties. Holland, Feliz, Uehara, Ross, Ogando, Adams, and Nathan in the pen... just a sick bullpen.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for those who want to trade for lee......while he is making 20 mil a year how do we sign josh......fuck lee he could have stayed if he wanted. he thought he could win in philly and they still might (next year??). also why would we want to help the phillies by taking that contract off their hands and giving them top prospects........i am all for staying with the staff as is.jd/nolan put a lot of faith/dollars in yu/holland so lets see what happens

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scutaro, Lee, and (depending on cost and availability) Ruiz. I know I'm a broken record saying it, but it's a perfect complimentary package of players.

Jon Heyman of CBS (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) reported today that the Rangers are absolutely interested in acquiring Scutaro should Colorado make him available. Maybe it's legit, maybe it's bs... who knows.

It eats at me a bit that we will have to give up yet more prospects to get Cliff Lee's services again, but he would be worth it. He isn't Verlander or Kershaw good, but he slots just below them and would automatically be the Rangers best pitcher. I'm worried about Holland and Feliz's inconsistency and maturity, and Colby's iffy health these days isn't reassuring either. Lee, Harrison, Darvish... that's a very good 1-3. Colby(health) or Oswalt (effectiveness) takes the last rotation slot in the playoffs. Two lefties, two righties. Holland, Feliz, Uehara, Ross, Ogando, Adams, and Nathan in the pen... just a sick bullpen.

Cliff lee was just as good last year as those 2 guys. Im all for lee though

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for those who want to trade for lee......while he is making 20 mil a year how do we sign josh......fuck lee he could have stayed if he wanted. he thought he could win in philly and they still might (next year??). also why would we want to help the phillies by taking that contract off their hands and giving them top prospects........i am all for staying with the staff as is.jd/nolan put a lot of faith/dollars in yu/holland so lets see what happens

Josh won't be playing in Texas next year no matter what we do. He isn't worth 20+ mil a year and that's what he'll want. Get used to that fact.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He wants to go where he can win ... and lives in Benton, Arkansas ... the temp is as high there as in Arlington. Trust me ... I live in Little Rock.