• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Off BBTIA this morning from Joey ...

Texas did dispatch a scout to watch Lee and Clayton Kershaw do battle on Wednesday, although it's not totally clear whether the Rangers' primary focus was Lee or somebody else participating in the same game

Per major league sources (via Ken Rosenthal), the Rangers will "almost certain[ly]" upgrade their bench, and could potentially do so by dumping Yorvit Torrealba and finding a superior replacement elsewhere; on a related note, Rockies middle infielder Marco Scutaro has reportedly drawn some interest from the Rangers

Am sure TEX is watching Lee ... but maybe also Carlos Ruiz too as someone else here thought was possible. The idea of getting Scutaro to backup Kinsler and Elvis would be a significant upgrade over Gonzalez offensively ... a clutch RH bat off the bench too.

I can see TEX doing deals for all three of those guys ... but of the three the one with the most impact for me would be Ruiz taking over #1 duties at C and taking the pressure off MN to DH and at 1b (although MY's 1b defense as ragged as it has been on occasion is now better than Napoli's IMO).

Speaking of the Rockies, wonder would it would take to get CarGo. Maybe N.Cruz,M.Olt,M.Perez,L.Garcia and J.Grimm. Just a thought but would love to get a young stud Of like Gonzalez. Just got a feeling Josh will be somewhere else next year.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just saw where Feliz struggled badly at RR tonite. He pitched 1.2 gave up 4 hits and 4 runs. Now Colby having arm issues. Have to wonder if something is in the works soon. I would have to think so.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw where Feliz struggled badly at RR tonite. He pitched 1.2 gave up 4 hits and 4 runs. Now Colby having arm issues. Have to wonder if something is in the works soon. I would have to think so.

I'm betting it is. We haven't heard anything on Moreland lately. I'm wondering if he isnt about to be packaged. Like I said, I'm not sold on Feliz and I'm not sure his highest value to the team isn't traded for a true ace.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting it is. We haven't heard anything on Moreland lately. I'm wondering if he isnt about to be packaged. Like I said, I'm not sold on Feliz and I'm not sure his highest value to the team isn't traded for a true ace.

Yahoo: Moreland (hamstring) could be cleared for a rehab assignment that would start Monday if he's able to get through fielding drills later this week, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why on earth do you want to get rid of a 24 year old pitcher? he has only started 7 games and has proven to be a very solid closer already if needed

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why on earth do you want to get rid of a 24 year old pitcher? he has only started 7 games and has proven to be a very solid closer already if needed

TEX will get a full month for Feliz to rehab before they have to make a move with him. He's better off getting 5 - 6 more rehab starts beyond the 2 he has had. So his role right now is to get ready to fill a spot in the TEX rotation if needed.

However ... in the next 10 days TEX may be asked for his services in exchange for a TORP and while he has had success in the past a closer right now if he isn't a SP ... then his best role now might be to backup Adams doing setup.

If he's on the roster as a RP ... then one of Ogando, Feliz, or Lowe is redundant. Ogando has been a successful SP ... and nobody is going to ask for Lowe ... that makes Feliz a likely target as part of a deal to bring in a TORP.

Would you make a deal of Feliz for Lee? I think TEX would.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck no i wouldnt and i dont think jd would either a 24 year old pitcher who is still under team control and cheap for a 35?/36? making 20 mil who already left us to win in philly..........uh no thanks

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do the people saying trade feliz realize he isnt a FA until 2016.....i say give the kid some time to start he could be right there with darvish "hopefully" anchoring are staff in 2014 and 2015

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck no i wouldnt and i dont think jd would either a 24 year old pitcher who is still under team control and cheap for a 35?/36? making 20 mil who already left us to win in philly..........uh no thanks

Let's see a true ace for a kid who has proven an inability to command the zone with regularity and lacks mental fortitude.... Both are under control for the next 4 years. Yeah I'd make that trade.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do the people saying trade feliz realize he isnt a FA until 2016.....i say give the kid some time to start he could be right there with darvish "hopefully" anchoring are staff in 2014 and 2015

I don't think he is nearly as good as some of you would have us believe. For one he has a difficult time commanding the zone and his off speed pitches are very meh.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last night Feliz through 78 pitches (47-31) to 11 batters in 1.2 ... 3H ... 1ER ... 2BB ... 1SO. With that high strike% I had to go see what happened on Gameday.

First inning ...
1. Batter down 0-1 singled to CF ... balked the runner to 2d.
2. Batter down 0-2 walked on 8 pitches.
3. Batter down 0-2 Hernandez(2b) error fielding a throw for force @ 2d (can't assume DP) left bases loaded.
4. Batter down 1-2 grounded out ... run scored.
5. Batter down 0-2 singled to SS ... run scored.
6. Batter down 0-1 grounded to 2d ... run scored.
7. Batter down 0-2 singled to CF ... run scored
8. Batter up 3-1 grounded out.

Second inning ...
1. Batter walked 0-4, WP to 2d.
2. Batter down 0-2 lined out on 3-2
3. Batter K on 3 pitches
(pitching change)

Of the 11 batters he faced he was ahead of all but 2. He had 5 of 11 batters down 0-2. That to me is a good story except he gave up a walk and 2 singles to three of them.

Reading on line blog makes it look like he got bombed in his first inning ... not the case. W/out balk, walk and error ... no runs score.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's see a true ace for a kid who has proven an inability to command the zone with regularity and lacks mental fortitude.... Both are under control for the next 4 years. Yeah I'd make that trade.

At this point I would as well. We really do not know how long Colby's arm is going to hold up and I have little faith in Holland. He is too inconsistent with his sinker and will be a bad matchup with the Angels if we face them in the playoffs.
In fact as currently constructed I doubt we get back to the WS without making a move or two. In 2010 we do not beat the Rays with out acquiring C.Lee.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would as well. We really do not know how long Colby's arm is going to hold up and I have little faith in Holland. He is too inconsistent with his sinker and will be a bad matchup with the Angels if we face them in the playoffs.
In fact as currently constructed I doubt we get back to the WS without making a move or two. In 2010 we do not beat the Rays with out acquiring C.Lee.

Our rotation in 2010 wasn't half as good as our rotation now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen i know you guys dont wanna make the team better but the team is going to make a move or two to improve our bench and starting staff

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen i know you guys dont wanna make the team better but the team is going to make a move or two to improve our bench and starting staff

:L dumbest post in this entire thread.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Feliz through 78 pitches (47-31) to 11 batters in 1.2 ... 3H ... 1ER ... 2BB ... 1SO. With that high strike% I had to go see what happened on Gameday.

First inning ...
1. Batter down 0-1 singled to CF ... balked the runner to 2d.
2. Batter down 0-2 walked on 8 pitches.
3. Batter down 0-2 Hernandez(2b) error fielding a throw for force @ 2d (can't assume DP) left bases loaded.
4. Batter down 1-2 grounded out ... run scored.
5. Batter down 0-2 singled to SS ... run scored.
6. Batter down 0-1 grounded to 2d ... run scored.
7. Batter down 0-2 singled to CF ... run scored
8. Batter up 3-1 grounded out.

Second inning ...
1. Batter walked 0-4, WP to 2d.
2. Batter down 0-2 lined out on 3-2
3. Batter K on 3 pitches
(pitching change)

Of the 11 batters he faced he was ahead of all but 2. He had 5 of 11 batters down 0-2. That to me is a good story except he gave up a walk and 2 singles to three of them.

Reading on line blog makes it look like he got bombed in his first inning ... not the case. W/out balk, walk and error ... no runs score.

Scott Lucas says Feliz threw 47 pitches total... :duck:

EDIT: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120720&content_id=35273720&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our rotation in 2010 wasn't half as good as our rotation now.

Your right but in 2010 we had C.Lee who was a proven ace in the playoffs. Not sure where that is right now. Harry may be on the verge, but if Colby who we all know has been solid in posteason, is having arm issues by postseason time then I am concerrned.
The problem for me right now, is the Angels are much better, Detroit is stronger with Fielder, and the Yankees starting pitching has improved.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right but in 2010 we had C.Lee who was a proven ace in the playoffs. Not sure where that is right now. Harry may be on the verge, but if Colby who we all know has been solid in posteason, is having arm issues by postseason time then I am concerrned.
The problem for me right now, is the Angels are much better, Detroit is stronger with Fielder, and the Yankees starting pitching has improved.

DONT SAY THE ANGELS ARE BETTER lol