• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends.... if the Rangers have to pick up most of the contract..

Someone suggested Olt, Perez, Buckel & Borbon for Lee... and Newberg said its WAY too much. (unless PHI is paying the contract)

Id be fine with them picking up 20 mil/yr of his contract.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Talk about frustration ... 3.72ERA is higher than his average run support despite averaging 6.91 innings per start. Yea he's 1-6 ... but has 9 no decisions! NINE! ... including a 10 inning No Decision he threw on 4 days rest.

Am sure he'd love pitching for TEX with its high powered run scoring offense ...

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read that Lee is still a Long Shot. Still would like the Rangers to Look at Justin Upton. Still Feel that this Guy had Great Talent. Rangers could be Sorry in the Long Run. Rangers have the Right type of Team for Upton to Excel. Know about All the Numbers you Guys can throw at me. But thats not All that Baseball People always look at.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Lee is still a Long Shot. Still would like the Rangers to Look at Justin Upton. Still Feel that this Guy had Great Talent. Rangers could be Sorry in the Long Run. Rangers have the Right type of Team for Upton to Excel. Know about All the Numbers you Guys can throw at me. But thats not All that Baseball People always look at.

I would like him too hes a hell of a player

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What is it that baseball people look at? ... baseball is more about numbers than any other sport.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That was CL's best night in the TEX uniform. Can he still do that?

Given that if TEX makes a deal with PHL for him that at least he's not a rental and I'd put much more faith in him than ZG who for me is more flaky than CJ was/is.

Acquiring a TORP like Lee to front Yu, Harrison, and Holland would serve TEX well in 2013 (and 2012 run to the post season) but I still think TEX needs to do something equally audacious to upgrade at C ... just like Bengie was the catalyst in 2010 ... and MN the catalyst in 2011.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was CL's best night in the TEX uniform. Can he still do that?

Given that if TEX makes a deal with PHL for him that at least he's not a rental and I'd put much more faith in him than ZG who for me is more flaky than CJ was/is.

Acquiring a TORP like Lee to front Yu, Harrison, and Holland would serve TEX well in 2013 (and 2012 run to the post season) but I still think TEX needs to do something equally audacious to upgrade at C ... just like Bengie was the catalyst in 2010 ... and MN the catalyst in 2011.

Lee and Ruiz.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Off BBTIA this morning from Joey ...

Texas did dispatch a scout to watch Lee and Clayton Kershaw do battle on Wednesday, although it's not totally clear whether the Rangers' primary focus was Lee or somebody else participating in the same game

Per major league sources (via Ken Rosenthal), the Rangers will "almost certain[ly]" upgrade their bench, and could potentially do so by dumping Yorvit Torrealba and finding a superior replacement elsewhere; on a related note, Rockies middle infielder Marco Scutaro has reportedly drawn some interest from the Rangers

Am sure TEX is watching Lee ... but maybe also Carlos Ruiz too as someone else here thought was possible. The idea of getting Scutaro to backup Kinsler and Elvis would be a significant upgrade over Gonzalez offensively ... a clutch RH bat off the bench too.

I can see TEX doing deals for all three of those guys ... but of the three the one with the most impact for me would be Ruiz taking over #1 duties at C and taking the pressure off MN to DH and at 1b (although MY's 1b defense as ragged as it has been on occasion is now better than Napoli's IMO).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off BBTIA this morning from Joey ...

Texas did dispatch a scout to watch Lee and Clayton Kershaw do battle on Wednesday, although it's not totally clear whether the Rangers' primary focus was Lee or somebody else participating in the same game

Per major league sources (via Ken Rosenthal), the Rangers will "almost certain[ly]" upgrade their bench, and could potentially do so by dumping Yorvit Torrealba and finding a superior replacement elsewhere; on a related note, Rockies middle infielder Marco Scutaro has reportedly drawn some interest from the Rangers

Am sure TEX is watching Lee ... but maybe also Carlos Ruiz too as someone else here thought was possible. The idea of getting Scutaro to backup Kinsler and Elvis would be a significant upgrade over Gonzalez offensively ... a clutch RH bat off the bench too.

I can see TEX doing deals for all three of those guys ... but of the three the one with the most impact for me would be Ruiz taking over #1 duties at C and taking the pressure off MN to DH and at 1b (although MY's 1b defense as ragged as it has been on occasion is now better than Napoli's IMO).

The more I think about it, the more I think Texas scouting Hamels is a guise for JD's desire to acquire Ruiz, and just possibly Lee. I don't think Texas is in on Hamels, but they want others to think they are.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is ... if TEX takes Lee away from PHL then LAA isn't going to get Hamels.

Would Lee block a trade to Texas though? It's quite possible as you stated with contract talks with Hamels heating up they need to find some money and trading lee would find that money. Texas is one of the few teams with the prospects to make that happen.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Lee block a trade to Texas though? It's quite possible as you stated with contract talks with Hamels heating up they need to find some money and trading lee would find that money. Texas is one of the few teams with the prospects to make that happen.

Wellyeah he can if he doesnt wanna go to a world series contender

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is it that baseball people look at? ... baseball is more about numbers than any other sport.

Baseball has a History of Players who have done Poorly with one Team then they get traded to another Team and they do Great. Scouts are also looking at Potential. You cannot solely make trades on sabermetrics. None of you have a crystal ball. You don't know how the rest of Justin Upton's Career is going to turn out. Plus Past Performance doesn't guarantee this same performance level in the future. There are Intangibles involved that SaberMetrics doesn't always measure. These are People not Computer Chips. A Player gets a fresh start with another team and turns it around.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take measurables over your "gut feelings" any day.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When a Player is First Drafted Out of College or High School all Scouts look at Tools and Potential. Nobody has any idea who is going to turn out good and who is going to bomb. There is Coaching involved too. Sometimes a Batting Coach can make adjustments in a Players Stance that can enhance Performance. There is also Family Issues that can effect a Player's Performance or Sometimes The Player doesn't hit it off with the Teams's Manager. Not saying to not use Sabermetrics at all but you have to be open minded. Not all Baseball People even Agree with each other about every Player or Pitcher.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I think about it, the more I think Texas scouting Hamels is a guise for JD's desire to acquire Ruiz, and just possibly Lee. I don't think Texas is in on Hamels, but they want others to think they are.

PHL wants to resign Hamels so bad ... as I said previously here joking ... that if TEX were to take Lee and his contract ... that the Carlos Ruiz addition might be together pretty cheap. Much much cheaper than Hamels. And by taking Lee off their hands ... that blocks LAA (or anyone else) from acquiring Hamels.