• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 season thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're saying Texas may be interested in Lee because they had a scout at one of his games. Now I'm not convinced this is the case. They could've just as likely been scouting Ruiz as winding has said.

That said, the notion of trading for lee is intriguing to me. We wanted him badly two years ago and he's a true torp ace, and you have to think our playoff rotation would be surpassed by none. Texas would be getting him for the contract similar to what they originally wanted to sign him to due to his age as well. He obviously isnt a 3 month rental making him more valuable than Hamels or Greinke IMO. You know he has to be tired of losing in Philly too. That said, who would you trade to get him? To me Profar is off limits. Olt would be a huge part of that deal, and I'm betting Feliz is too and just throw Borbon in to sweeten the deal and unload him. Probably have to include Buckel as well. Are you willing to part with Perez though, which may be necessary?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to add that I have this sickening feeling that Colby's forearm is about to spontaneously combust at the worst possible time.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would like the Rangers to put a Package Together and Try to Get Jusin Upton from the D Backs. Has Struggled this Year but still Young with a Huge Upside. Has showed Flashes of Greatness.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're saying Texas may be interested in Lee because they had a scout at one of his games. Now I'm not convinced this is the case. They could've just as likely been scouting Ruiz as winding has said.

That said, the notion of trading for lee is intriguing to me. We wanted him badly two years ago and he's a true torp ace, and you have to think our playoff rotation would be surpassed by none. Texas would be getting him for the contract similar to what they originally wanted to sign him to due to his age as well. He obviously isnt a 3 month rental making him more valuable than Hamels or Greinke IMO. You know he has to be tired of losing in Philly too. That said, who would you trade to get him? To me Profar is off limits. Olt would be a huge part of that deal, and I'm betting Feliz is too and just throw Borbon in to sweeten the deal and unload him. Probably have to include Buckel as well. Are you willing to part with Perez though, which may be necessary?

If they are moving Lee it is to keep Hamels, so I wouldn't be planning on overpaying. If they make an offer to Hamels that he accepts but that means they HAVE to move Lee, then the buyer is in a good position. NO way I offer Olt, Feliz and Buckel. No idea what I would offer, but Profar and Olt would be off the table unless there was either some salary relief (not happening) or a serious position player also coming along.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are moving Lee it is to keep Hamels, so I wouldn't be planning on overpaying. If they make an offer to Hamels that he accepts but that means they HAVE to move Lee, then the buyer is in a good position. NO way I offer Olt, Feliz and Buckel. No idea what I would offer, but Profar and Olt would be off the table unless there was either some salary relief (not happening) or a serious position player also coming along.

Not even for a true ace that you have team control of for the next few years?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we make it a ten game lead.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We are loaded at SS down in the farm. We could package one
of the following H.Alberto, L.Garcia or R.Odor. All three are young and playing well. Garcia can even play 2nd base, which he is currently doing at Frisco. I might consider sending Olt as well because we have our 2012 1st rd pick Joey Gallo tearing the cover off the ball in the AZL. We could groom Gallo for a couple of years to play 3b until Beltre winds down on his current contract.

Just not sure I want to part with Olt and other prospects for Lee. I am only parting with Olt if its for Hamels, but I doubt if thats going to happen since Hamels will not likely sign an extension.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are loaded at SS down in the farm. We could package one
of the following H.Alberto, L.Garcia or R.Odor. All three are young and playing well. Garcia can even play 2nd base, which he is currently doing at Frisco. I might consider sending Olt as well because we have our 2012 1st rd pick Joey Gallo tearing the cover off the ball in the AZL. We could groom Gallo for a couple of years to play 3b until Beltre winds down on his current contract.

Just not sure I want to part with Olt and other prospects for Lee. I am only parting with Olt if its for Hamels, but I doubt if thats going to happen since Hamels will not likely sign an extension.

So you'd give up Olt for a rental ace, but not one you have control of for the next few seasons? :suspicious: Explain that to me.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Have not thought there would be interest in Lee ... then I had this thought. TEX was all in for Lee it was the 6 years they had an issue with not so much the money. So ... now because he's spent the last year and a half in PHL ... voila ... now there are only 4.5 years left on his contract.

I think if TEX makes PHL an offer of a couple of B prospects ... and just take over his contract. They need the money to resign Hamels. Who did TEX sign for $25m/year because they didn't sign Lee? Nobody.

Maybe they don't take on all the $25m/year ... maybe TEX takes only $15-18mil/year with PHL having to pay the rest.

They want to resign Hamels in the worst way ... and without getting rid of at least most of Lee's contract they can't get there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not thought there would be interest in Lee ... then I had this thought. TEX was all in for Lee it was the 6 years they had an issue with not so much the money. So ... now because he's spent the last year and a half in PHL ... voila ... now there are only 4.5 years left on his contract.

I think if TEX makes PHL an offer of a couple of B prospects ... and just take over his contract. They need the money to resign Hamels. Who did TEX sign for $25m/year because they didn't sign Lee? Nobody.

Maybe they don't take on all the $25m/year ... maybe TEX takes only $15-18mil/year with PHL having to pay the rest.

They want to resign Hamels in the worst way ... and without getting rid of at least most of Lee's contract they can't get there.

Hell, I'd take on 20m a year to get him back for 4.5 years. Would also ease the pain when Hamilton leaves. Sounds like Hamels wants to stay in Philly if they can fork over the cash.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel the Rangers are Deep in Starting Pitching. Not at all the Same Situation as Two Years Ago. Lee also hasn't Piched as well as in the Past. With Hamilton not likely to be signed after this season I would instead be interested in Justin Upton. He is under Contract for a few years. Has Speed, Power, and a Excellent Defensive Outfielder. In our Park Upton can be Great. There are Position Players that can help the Rangers not just Pitchers. Lee is a Little Older now and not the Ace He was Two to Three Years ago.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Rangers are Deep in Starting Pitching. Not at all the Same Situation as Two Years Ago. Lee also hasn't Piched as well as in the Past. With Hamilton not likely to be signed after this season I would instead be interested in Justin Upton. He is under Contract for a few years. Has Speed, Power, and a Excellent Defensive Outfielder. In our Park Upton can be Great. There are Position Players that can help the Rangers not just Pitchers. Lee is a Little Older now and not the Ace He was Two to Three Years ago.

Lee is still an ace IMO. I'm not too worried about his age because his game wasn't being a flame thrower, it was location. I'm not sold on upton. Texas does have great pitching, but they're still lacking an ace IMO. Like I said, I've got a bad feeling about Colby's arm. When you get a chance at a pitcher like lee under team control for a few years your dumb not to at least try.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Upton finished 4th in the MVP Voting Last Year. Have to see if Lee will be available. Rangers Outfield sitauation is Shaky once Hamilton leaves. I feel that in our Park Upton can really put up big numbers. Our Park is a better Hitters Park then Chase in Phoenix. We have Scheppers, Perez, and even Ross who might have cracks at the Rotation next year. Upton also gives the Rangers another Bat.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What's the thing you have capitalizing words in the middle of sentences?

Looked at it the other day ... Upton's BA (.271) is sixth ranked on his own team... his OBP (.355) is fifth ranked on his own team ... his SLG (.393) is fifth ranted on his own team ... and his K#s (78) is behind only Jason Kubel.

As a RF his FPCT (.983) would rank him #11 in FPCT in the AL ... while Nelson Cruz is ranked #2 (.994) behind only Ichiro.

A struggling Nelson Cruz has a higher SLG and OPS than Upton.

I will give you that Upton is faster than David Murphy though. Finishing #4 in the MVP vote is meaningless. How did his team finish?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to throw a spitball and wonder what it would take for Josh Johnson & Stanton.

One can dream.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton finished 4th in the MVP Voting Last Year. Have to see if Lee will be available. Rangers Outfield sitauation is Shaky once Hamilton leaves. I feel that in our Park Upton can really put up big numbers. Our Park is a better Hitters Park then Chase in Phoenix. We have Scheppers, Perez, and even Ross who might have cracks at the Rotation next year. Upton also gives the Rangers another Bat.

Scheppers isn't a starter. Last year doesn't mean jack about this year or going forward. Just ask MY.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last Year The Arizona Diamondback Won the NL West. But I am Thinking Outside the Box. You get Upton to Texas with a New Atmosphere and a lot of that can change. Lee only has one Win this Year. Matt Harrison has 12. If Holland is healthy He is capable of running off a string of victories. Harrison is one of the best Pitchers in Baseball. Looks like a Ace to me.