• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I could be wrong, but I'm not very enamoured of any of the TEs in this class except Tyler Eifert. Ertz would be a good #2 TE too, but there are too many other great prospects in the 2nd round (particularly Carradine & Reid) for me to think it would be worth taking him anywhere from 25-50 (which is probably where he'll go). I sure as hell don't want him at 31 or 34.

Last year I loved Dwaaaaaaaaayne! Harris, but that draft had other TE prospects I liked who went later in the draft like Hanna from Oklahoma (whom the Cowboys picked up in the 6th round). Like you said, those guys you mentioed should be picked in the first few rounds, and they pale in comparison to the prospects in this draft at other positions who are projected in the first few rounds IMO. And the other guys on the list don't impress me at all.

The one exception I saw this year was possibly Joseph Fauria, but I don't like the fact that he didn't run at the combine. And I have no idea how high he might go.

This is why tagging Walker might actually be a good idea. Maybe there will be better options next offseason.

Of course, this is going by where they're projected now. Things could change in the next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't see Fauria play this year, but I was intrigued by him in the past. The one thing about him that I haven't liked hearing is his blocking. Heard from several people (who've seen him play way more than me) that it's baaaaad. He looks lean for being around 260 lbs or so, but that's not important, I guess.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He looks lean for being around 260 lbs or so, but that's not important, I guess.

Well, he is 6'7.

Fauria would be more of an "up-side" kind of pick for me based on his length, arms, huge hands, bulk, etc. He had decent production too, but I would have wanted to see him run at the combine to really get a good gauge on how he can move. That's why I don't really know what to think of him as a prospect.

If I were an actual scout and saw him move in person at pro' day, I'd have a better clue how agile & fast he is (or isn't).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So does anyone think the Niners will draft a kicker? The dude from Florida State seems like he'll play on Sunday. He's no Sebastian Janikowski though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I feel really stupid. This whole offseason, whenever someone mentioned Dallas Thomas, I talked about what a great prospect I thought he was. That's because I was mixing him up with the Antonio Richardson, the left tackle (look out for him in 2014 by the way; the dude's REALLY good). Oops!

This isn't a slight on Dallas Thomas (the left guard), but just disgregard anything I've said about him this offseason.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eckel: Grading the NFL draft prospects at tight end, wide receiver | NJ.com

Here’s a look at the top wide receivers and tight end in this year’s draft with a scout’s take on each of them.

• Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee, 6-3, 205 — “He’s explosive. He’s dynamic. He runs consistent 4.4s, I’m just not sure how smart he is. You’re going to have to keep it simple for him. But the kid is really dynamic.”

More evidence of what I alluded to already in the past. If in fact this was an honest assessment.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So just focusing on a few of my favourites, here are how some recent, random big boards rate 'em (in order of links at the bottom)

Hankins: 24, 10, 29, 39, 24 AVG - 25.5 :(
Carradine: 60, 58, 32, 33, 62 AVG - 49 :)
Hunter: 45, 54, 42, 42, 43 AVG - 45.2 :)
Bray: 94, 40, 55, 77, 48 AVG - 62.8
Reid: 38, 28, 49, 44, 54 AVG - 42.6 :(

2013 NFL Draft - Big Board of Top 100 Prospects
Updated: Chris Steuber's Top 100 2013 NFL Draft Prospects
2013 NFL Draft Prospects | 2013 NFL Draft Board | Top 100 NFL Prospects |
Consensus Top 100 Prospects in 2013 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report
WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Draft Big Board

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eckel: Grading the NFL draft prospects at tight end, wide receiver | NJ.com

Here’s a look at the top wide receivers and tight end in this year’s draft with a scout’s take on each of them.

• Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee, 6-3, 205 — “He’s explosive. He’s dynamic. He runs consistent 4.4s, I’m just not sure how smart he is. You’re going to have to keep it simple for him. But the kid is really dynamic.”

More evidence of what I alluded to already in the past. If in fact this was an honest assessment.

Everyone was saying those same things way before the combine. That same stroyline has been echoed since during the middle of the college season. That's not a new revelation at all whatsoever, for that I strongly believe he is well worth the our 1st round pick.

I also share the same exact sentiments with regard to Hopkins. He's good but to me it's not a "must have prospect" that can evelate a team immediately. Amazing hands (better than Crabtree's IMO - and I think Crabtree has one of the best in the league) and knows how to sell his routes to make corners bite, but he worries me a lot. Especially after seeing his combine #s:

• DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson, 5-11, 205 — “Some people like him more than I do. He’s a classic possession receiver. He’s just not fast enough.” He ran a 4.57 at the NFL Combine.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New topic:

What's your opinion on Trevardo Williams VS Jamie Collins? It seems to me most people think Collins will go higher, and I would tend to think they're right. He's 2 inches taller & has longer arms; Trevardo has a better 40, but Collins had a better 10 yard split. That makes sense because Collins' jump numbers were off the charts (Trevardo's were great too, but Collins moreso). And this is despite the fact that Collins is 9 pounds heavier than Trevardo.

Collins seems to kind of throw himself at linemen and bounce off of them sometimes. Williams is 6 months younger. Both played against pretty weak competition...

I've noticed over the years that one statistic that usually translates well to the NFL is sack numbers. Williams has 24 sacks in his last 2 years in college, which is excellent; compare that to Barkevious Mingo who 12. B]Collins[/B] had 16.5. (granted, Mingo didn't stay for his senior year & is a year younger, but his best sack total was 7.5 in a season).

Then there's strength. With slightly shorter arms, Williams put up 30 rep's to Collins' 19. That's a pretty huge difference.

Collins has the kind of burst like he's shot out of a cannon, but I have to say that Trevardo is probably the better prospect. He just seems to play with more strngth & consistency. I love the 24 sacks in 2 years as well. That's amazing. And Williams is rated lower by most people, so he'd probably be a better value.

I'm seeing people say Collins could go as high as the late 30's to 40's, but 50's to 60's is reasonable. Williams looks like he might be there in the late 3rd.

So in conclusion: Williams > Collins, and Williams will go lower.

What say you?

2013 NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in the first round - SBNation.com

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Hunt at 31, I will kick a hole through my TV screen.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we draft Hunt at 31, I will kick a hole through my TV screen.

I would turn my TV off for the rest of the weekend. It wouldn't make sense for me to continue watching the draft from that point on.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damontre Moore to be mentored by Von Miller

Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore will be mentored by Von Miller leading up to the 2013 season, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

"The two are close" and "grew up in (the) same town," per Brandt. He adds that it won't help for Moore's March 8 Pro Day, but should help on team visits. Moore doesn't possess the same natural athleticism but wins with a great motor.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Mar 4 - 1:24 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Damontre Moore did not interview well

Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore did not interview well at the NFL Combine, according to NFL Draft legend Gil Brandt.

Obviously Moore's workout was less than impressive, and the combination of the two forced Brandt to leave the Aggie off of his most recent mock. Moore has a great motor on the field, but he certainly isn't winning the pre-draft process.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Mar 4 - 11:31 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, that is one thing I noticed too. ESPN was among several sites that was mocking him in the first. He does not impress me at all:

Scout on WR Quinton Patton: He's just a guy

Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton is "just a guy," according to one unnamed NFL scout.

"I’m not a big fan," the scout noted. "The best he’s going to be is a No. 3 for you, if that." Patton is anything but flashy, winning with body control and fluidity, but we feel he can be a dependable second receiver in the NFL.
Source: The Times

Mar 4 - 12:01 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Slay over Banks is 'not out of the question'

Draft insider Tony Pauline believes it is "not out of the question" that Miss State CB Darius Slay gets selected before teammate Johnthan Banks.

Pauline says that Slay "significantly elevated" his draft stock at the Combine. We aren't exactly sure how, since his tape was already solid, but the fact that Pauline is hearing Slay could go ahead of Banks is telling. The latter measured in light and ran a slower than expected forty.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Mar 3 - 11:51 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cosell: Patterson not as explosive in routes

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson is not as explosive in his routes "as he is with the ball in his hands," according to NFL Films' Greg Cosell.

"Patterson will be drafted high due to size and athletic tools," Cosell tweeted, also noting that the Vol lacks experience. "One thing to always remember. No one comes into NFL a finished product. What can be coached and what can't. That's key question in evaluation."
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter

Mar 3 - 11:38 AM