• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Rams too if they're smart. They desperately need a stronger OL IMO.

Agreed. I had just added them to my post. I think Jake Matthews still hasn't announced what he's doing, so that could potentially shake things up.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams too if they're smart. They desperately need a stronger OL IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go Warmack, Lewan in the draft might have pushed down a worthy tackle for them to take in the 1st as well.

I have a feeling they go Warmack and Patterson though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't be surprised if they go Warmack.

Oh hell no. I don't want any part of that guy in the NFC West. Did you guys see what he did to Notre Dame? He was like the school bully out there, and that was a great DL he was facing. Warmack's probably top 5 on my big board right now. If I were a crappy team, I'd take him over Luke Joeckel, and I'm a big Luke Joeckel fan.

I REALLY hope he goes to a team like the Browns or Bills where he won't bother the 49ers.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Galko:

On Logan Thomas declaring: Heard its still possible. And with 2nd-3rd round likely, 3 good WRs leaving, I can certainly see the rational

I'd have interest in him as a developmental project on the 49ers.

I said this earlier. I will know before twitter, I promise ;). If the news that I got today is true (Sorry Stanford), I think he comes back now.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why you guys are upset Taylor Lewan isn't declaring. The Niners don't need a tackle in the first round this year. Wouldn't it be better him to go pro' NEXT season when there's a better chance they might be inclined to drafting a tackle?

Or is it that he would've pushed someone else 1 spot further further down the board?

That's it. Lewan is a strong prospect at a premium position, he would've pushed a good player down further. If it's any consolation, though, that means the Cardinals won't get their hands on him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no. I don't want any part of that guy in the NFC West. Did you guys see what he did to Notre Dame? He was like the school bully out there, and that was a great DL he was facing. Warmack's probably top 5 on my big board right now. If I were a crappy team, I'd take him over Luke Joeckel, and I'm a big Luke Joeckel fan.

I REALLY hope he goes to a team like the Browns or Bills where he won't bother the 49ers.

Warmack has been a favorite of mine for years, I would HATE having to root against him if he's in the NFCW.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Warmack has been a favorite of mine for years, I would HATE having to root against him if he's in the NFCW.

Yep. I remember you mentioning him during a game we were both watching last year. I was watcing Jones on offense, and when I started watching #65 it was easy to see that he was a mauler out there. I forget what game that was.

This is a good year to need an interior OL.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I said this earlier. I will know before twitter, I promise ;). If the news that I got today is true (Sorry Stanford), I think he comes back now.

He's already said a couple times before that he's leaning towards going back so it wouldn't shock me if he does go back.

------

And to answer Sick's response/question, which I forgot to include in the quote portion above, I wanted Lewan to declare for entire draft depth purposes. 49ers weren't likely to have a shot at him either way.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LSU LT Chris Faulk declared.

Oklahoma MLB Tom Wort declared. Hmmm. That's surprising. Family/financial issue(s) maybe?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
E.J. Manuel is one that I like. I've only watched 3 or 4 times over the past two seasons, but e just looks like a qb out there. I like the zip he put on the ball, I like his size, mobility, the way he holds the ball up high and he seems like he has pretty good touch. The touch part, again, was only with limited views. He's a player I want to watch this post season.

E.J Manuel Highlight Video 2012-2013 - YouTube

Ewwwl!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see why you guys are upset Taylor Lewan isn't declaring. The Niners don't need a tackle in the first round this year. Wouldn't it be better him to go pro' NEXT season when there's a better chance they might be inclined to drafting a tackle?

Or is it that he would've pushed someone else 1 spot further further down the board?

Matthews and Lewan are legitimate NFL starters. They are both returning to school. Now, the class is not looking so deep after-all when I made that comment earlier. It is still considered to be a solid class, but now I can say "one of the best group I have seen in a long time". Fisher's stock just went up by 10 picks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made Te'o a little girl.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXPECTED TO ENTER/ENTERING THE DRAFT:
QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee
QB Kyle Padron, Eastern Washington
QB Jeff Tuel, Washington St.

RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan St.
RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
RB Michael Ford, LSU
RB Jawan Jamison, Rutgers
RB Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada
RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
RB Trabis Ward, Tennessee St.
RB Spencer Ware, LSU
RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame

WR Keenan Allen, California
WR Stedman Bailey, WVU
WR Josh Boyce, TCU
WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
WR Brandon Kaufman, Eastern Washington
WR Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St.
WR Robert Woods, USC

TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
TE Gavin Escobar, SDSU
TE Levine Toilolo, Stanford
TE Jordan Reed, Florida
TE Dion Sims, Michigan St.

OL David Bakhtiari, Colorado
OL Alvin Bailey, Arkansas
OL Chris Faulk, LSU
OL D.J. Fluker, Alabama
OL Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
OL Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
OL Justin Pugh, Syracuse
OL Menelik Watson, FSU

DL Sharrif Floyd, Florida
DL Kwame Geathers, Georgia
DL William Gholston, Michigan St.
DL Jonathan Hankins, Ohio St.
DL Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.
DL Joe Kruger, Utah
DL Corey Lemonier, Auburn
DL Bennie Logan, LSU
DL Barkevious Mingo, LSU
DL Sam Mongtomery, LSU
DL Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
DL Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
DL Darrington Sentimore, Tennessee
DL Akeem Spence, Illinois
DL Bjoern Werner, Florida St.

LB Jelani Jenkins, Florida
LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
LB Kevin Minter, LSU
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
LB Tom Wort, Oklahoma

CB David Amerson, North Carolina St.
CB Terrence Brown, Stanford
CB Mike Edwards, Hawaii
CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
CB Greg Reid, Florida St
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers
CB Tharold Simon, LSU
CB Steve Williams, California

S Matt Elam, Florida
S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
S Eric Reid, LSU

P Brad Wing, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
QB Derek Carr, Fresno St.
QB A.J. McCarron, Alabama
QB Aaron Murray, Georgia
QB Logan Thomas, Virginia

RB Silas Redd, USC
RB James Sims, Kansas

WR Michael Harrison, Oklahoma St.
WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
WR Ace Sanders, South Carolina
WR Devin Street, Pittsburgh

OL Zach Fulton, Tennessee
OL Ju'Wuan James, Tennessee
OL Taylor Lewan, Michigan
OL Antwan Lowery, Rutgers
OL Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
OL Anthony Steen, Alabama

DL Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
DL DeAndre Coleman, California
DL Dominique Easley, Florida
DL Ben Gardner, Stanford
DL Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DL Louis Nix, Notre Dame
DL Will Sutton, ASU

LB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
LB Anthony Barr, UCLA
LB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
LB Trent Murphy, Stanford
LB Shayne Skov, Stanford
LB Kyle Van Noy, BYU

CB Antone Exum, Virginia Tech
CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St.
CB Bennett Jackson, Notre Dame
CB Bradley Roby, Ohio St.
CB Jason Verrett, TCU

S Lamarcus Joyner, FSU

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog
Moore, Mingo tops among pass-rushers
January, 9, 2013 11:13AM ET
By Steve Muench

Pass-rushers are always at a premium in the NFL draft, and you have to look no further than the impact Aldon Smith has had in San Francisco to see their value.

Who from the 2013 class could be similarly productive at the next level? Here's a look at five of the top pass-rushers on this year's board, what they bring to the table and where they might find fits in the NFL. Non-seniors are noted with an asterisk.

Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore* (96)

Moore is a versatile pass-rusher in terms of ability and alignment. He can turn the corner against most tackles and closes well, and he doesn't have to win with straight speed to be effective. Moore (6-foot-4, 248 pounds) can also set up offensive tackles to the outside and use his quick-twitch lateral mobility to redirect inside.

Blockers don't get any plays off against Moore either. He is relentless, tracks the quarterback well and rarely stays blocked. In terms of alignment, Moore can line up at either end spot, has experience at outside linebacker in a 3-4 front and has even shown the ability to reduce inside where interior offensive linemen struggle with his agility and quick first step.

There are some minor character concerns, and interviews will be important in tamping those down. The bigger concern will be adding weight to his frame in order to hold up better against the run, because his pad level is inconsistent at times.

At the end of the day, Moore's ability to get after the quarterback in any scheme will make it tough for teams needing pass-rush help to pass on him. I would expect Oakland (No. 3 overall) and Detroit (No. 5) to be very interested.

LSU DE Barkevious Mingo* (95)

Mingo has the upside to become the best NFL edge-rusher to emerge from this group. He has the explosiveness, balance, length and closing speed to wreak havoc on opposing passing games. While he weighs just 240 pounds, Mingo is strong for his size and, at 6-5, has room to add bulk without sacrificing quickness.

Mingo is a risky first-round pick, though, and it starts with his lack of production. After recording seven sacks last season, he had just 4.5 this season. What's more, the film shows that Mingo benefited from favorable individual matchups on his four solo sacks and got to the quarterback just 4.5times this season.

He must improve his ability to counter when tackles are able to ride him past the pocket or a running back or tight end is there to help.

Ideally he ends up on a team like the Giants where leaders and teachers like Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre-Paul could help him maximize his talent. However, there's a good chance his huge upside will have him off the board early in the first round, with teams like Jacksonville, Oakland and others all having needs at end.

Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones* (Grade: 96)

He piled up 13.5 sacks in 2011, and no Football Bowl Subdivision player had more than his 14.5 sacks this season.

Jones' greatest strength as a pass-rusher is his ability to turn the corner. He is quick, can bend tightly back inside and closes well. It's not just about natural athleticism either. Jones does an above-average job of locating and exploiting seams when he works back inside on blitzes and always looks to dislodge the ball when he arrives.

There's a lot to like about his ability to move around the front, because it makes it easier for his defensive coordinator to create favorable matchups.

Durability and scheme fit are concerns. Jones transferred to Georgia from USC after sustaining a neck injury that cost him the final five games of the 2009 season and caused the Trojans' doctors to refuse to clear him to return to football. He also missed two games due to injuries this season.

In terms of fit, Jones (6-2, 242) doesn't have ideal size for an outside linebacker in 3-4 fronts like the ones Baltimore and Pittsburgh run. While he could line up at end on passing downs in a 3-4, he isn't big or strong enough to develop into an every-down end. His best bet is playing linebacker in a 4-3 scheme that allows him to get involved in the pass rush, much like Von Miller does in Denver.

Florida State DE Bjoern Werner* (Grade: 95)

Werner's ability to set the edge and get off blocks as a run defender makes him one of the most complete players on this list. In terms of pass-rush skills, his hands and motor jump out on film. Werner can dip his inside shoulder and rip under offensive tackles when bending back inside, and he flashes the ability to control blockers when he goes with power moves.

He has also shown a knack for batting passes down, using his long arms and ability to track quarterbacks to break up 13 passes over the past two seasons.

Werner (6-4, 255) is an above-average athlete for the position and closes well when he gets a seam, but he doesn't have the elite initial quickness that teams want in edge-rushers. It's worth pointing out that four of his 13 sacks this season came against Murray State in the season opener, and he failed to get to the quarterback in eight of Florida State's 14 games.

Tampa Bay and New Orleans are two teams that need help at end and pick in the middle of the first round. Werner would fit nicely with either team.

Florida State DE Cornellius Carradine (87)

He stepped into the lineup because of an injury to teammate Brandon Jenkins, and Carradine made the most of that chance by racking up 11 sacks.

Carradine (6-4½, 255) has all the physical tools scouts look for with his initial quickness, lower-body flexibility, length and closing speed. He is not effective with counter moves, but he does have the upper-body strength and quick hands to improve in that area. He is also a tough run defender.

Carradine's season came to a disappointing end when he tore his right ACL against Florida. He carried a first-round grade before the injury, and how teams feel about the knee will play a big role in where he comes off the board. Carradine is a former junior-college transfer with less than one full season of production at the highest level, which could turn some teams off.

Given his potential and overall skill set, Carradine could still come off the board later in the first round if his knee heals as expected. Teams like Denver or New England that need defensive line help could hit big if Carradine were to be available to them.

Steve Muench
Scouts Inc

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma St. RB Joseph Randle and Texas WR Mike Davis have both declared for the draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft Bible:

CBS Sports speculates that Alabama fully expects to lose RB Eddie Lacy and CB Dee Milliner to the NFL Draft. Both players No.1 at their pos.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daniel Jeremiah:

I spoke to several Stanford coaches about Fleener prior to 2012 draft. Every one of them said Ertz was their top TE. I agree 100 percent.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft Bible:

CBS Sports speculates that Alabama fully expects to lose RB Eddie Lacy and CB Dee Milliner to the NFL Draft. Both players No.1 at their pos.

Jeremy Fowler:

Two #Alabama football sources say they expect RB Eddie Lacy and CB Dee Milliner to declare for the NFL draft.”

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Bible:

CBS Sports speculates that Alabama fully expects to lose RB Eddie Lacy and CB Dee Milliner to the NFL Draft. Millner is No.1 at his pos.

Fixed.