• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This sucks:

Robert Alford - DB - Lions

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah writes SE Louisiana CB Robert Alford could surprisingly go in the first-round.

Jeremiah also listed Mississippi State cornerback Darius Slay as a possible surprise first-round selection, too. It's a curious proposition but apparently teams have been heating up on Alford's ability. It should be noted that his former defensive coordinator said he is a "long way away mentally" as a player, though.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 22 - 3:26 PM

implies even more depth at CB? if so, good.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Hayden - DB - Cougars

KPRC-TV Houston's Randy McIllvoy says the New York Jets were impressed with Houston CB D.J. Hayden.

Hayden worked out for 10 teams on Monday and apparently impressed the Jets. They hold the No. 9 and 13 selections in the draft and have a significant hole at cornerback following the trade of star defender Darrelle Revis.
Source: Randy McIllvoy on Twitter

Apr 22 - 4:23 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That nfl dot com mock:

Some players I'd like in the 7th in that mock:

Joseph Fauria, Marcus Davis, Chris Faulk, Mark Harrison (UDFA?)

By the way, remember when Chase Thomas was getting 2nd round hype? That was downright silly. It made me want to vomit with laughter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There would be some pretty bitchin' 4th round picks in that mock too:

Trevardo Williams, Aaron Dobson, Chris Gragg, Tyler Bray.

I'm really started to want Marquise Goodwin too. The Niners have so many late picks, they might as well spend one on a KR. That's a big need.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Jesse Williams was a DE until last season. That doesn't mean his best position in the NFL is DE.

I would be shocked if that Sanders report proves true. Teams know he won't do much of anything at WR, and the 3rd round is pretty high for a return man like him. Even Trindon Holliday was a 6th round pick, and he was a FAR superiour KR prospect.

I wouldn't want to spend a 3rd on Sanders, I would a 4th though. He'll be a better version of Kyle Williams, in the pass game and in the return game (kr/pr).

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this draft . Swearinger is a bit worrisome in coverage but I think after Vacarao and Cyprien he's the best at it. He was used in that role and while he was not stellar he was passable. And he would be the perfect replacement for Whitner next year. In that draft I'd be tempted to grab Eric Reid at 61 also.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Fisher - T - Player

The Florida Times Union expects the Jaguars to decide between Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Ziggy Ansah, and Dion Jordan with the No. 2 overall pick.

Dave Caldwell is a rookie GM, and he may not want to go particularly bold with his first-ever draft pick, relying on the best-player-available strategy. The Times Union considers Fisher "the safest pick" if Joeckel goes No. 1 to the Chiefs, which is expected. From the perspective that they face J.J. Watt twice a year, the Jaguars are likely to give Fisher serious consideration at No. 2.
Source: Florida Times Union

Apr 22 - 11:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner - DB - Player

"Several league sources" tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer they believe Alabama CB Dee Milliner's medical history was leaked to the media in a "smear campaign" before the draft.

The medical report -- which includes a torn labrum in Milliner's shoulder, a past knee scope, a rod in his tibia, and a past hernia surgery -- was reported Monday by both Chris Mortensen of ESPN and NFL Network's Charley Casserly. "Teams have known about these surgeries all along," a source told the Plain Dealer. "They haven't been a secret and this is not a big issue." Mortensen insisted on air that the medical report is "not misinformation," and corroborated the source's side, saying "all teams have this same information."
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Apr 22 - 10:47 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharrif Floyd - DL - Player

Citing a source familiar with the situation, NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Raiders will select the "surest of the sure" player available at the No. 3 overall pick.

Of course, Aaron Curry and Rolando McClain were considered "safe" picks before recent drafts, and both became busts. The sure-thing draft prospect is incredibly rare; there are maybe one or two per year. The two this year appear to be left tackles Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher, although the growing belief is they'll be the first and second overall picks. If that happens, Pauline's sources expect Oakland to select Florida DT Sharrif Floyd or Utah DT Star Lotulelei.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 22 - 10:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lane Johnson - T - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline seconds a CBS Sports report that Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson is the Cardinals' "round one target."

The Arizona Republic reported Sunday that the Cardinals "feel better about their tackles than outsiders do" and "would pass" on Johnson if given the chance at No. 7. We don't think they'll get that chance anyway, but Pauline reports the club prefers Levi Brown at right tackle and Bobby Massie at right guard. Arizona's biggest roster need is on immobile Carson Palmer's blindside.

Apr 22 - 10:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Fluker - T - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Titans and Chargers are both considering Alabama RT D.J. Fluker at Nos. 10 and 11, respectively.

Our best guess is Tennessee ends up with North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper at No. 10 and San Diego will take Fluker at 11, but it's not out of the question that they flip-flop. The Titans reportedly view Fluker as a "day-one starter" at right guard, and he would offer superior power-blocking ability to Cooper.

Apr 22 - 10:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Fluker - T - Crimson Tide

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah notes there is "a lot of buzz" around T D.J. Fluker being the first Alabama offensive lineman selected.

We believe it. Despite Fluker seemingly stuck to the right tackle or guard spot, that position can be more coveted than Chance Warmack's guard slot. There have been reports of Warmack and Jonathan Cooper potentially landing in the top 14, but we will believe it when we see it. Fluker is a viable candidate for the Chargers at No. 12.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Apr 23 - 9:05 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sick's bust pick (not sure why though):

Barkevious Mingo - DL - Tigers

LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo is one of the few prospects not being "picked apart" by NFL evaluators right now, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

One scouting director told Rapoport, "He's so clean. Such upside. When you meet him, you love him." Mingo was far from perfect at LSU, and many will point to a lack of production as reason to not select him high. We think Mingo was asked to take a more conservative approach to contain mobile quarterbacks, but his movement skills are excellent.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 23 - 8:57 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Fluker - T - Crimson Tide

Draft insider Tony Pauline cites sources who tell him the Titans view Alabama T D.J. Fluker as a day one starter at guard.

Pauline notes the Titans and Chargers are both considering Fluker. The obvious question is why would the Titans project Fluker to guard when Chance Warmack, an accomplished player at the position, is sitting there. We wouldn't be surprised if Fluker eventually moves to the spot full-time, however.

Apr 23 - 10:05 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TE Tyler Eifert had zero pre-draft visits

Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert did not have a single pre-draft visit during the process.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network notes Eifert is almost a "secretive prospect" and is so under-the-radar. Teams know about Eifert's talent and how clean he is off the field, so after meeting with him at the Combine there is little reason to spend one of the team's 30 visits on Eifert. There's a legitimate chance the tight end is selected int he top 15.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 23 - 9:48 AM

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a draft related moment, the restaurant I work at is down the street from Radio City. The past few years I've had some cool things happen-waiting on the equipment manager from the Bills one year, then the next having him bring me a bunch of Niner gear that he got from the Niner's equipment manager.

Last night Chris Mortensen came in and we talked all things 49ers for a long time. Mort was really amazing and gracious. At one point his iphone buzzed, he looked at it, then he said, "let's see what my friend Andy Reid has to say."

I fucking love draft week.