• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this as been posted but.

Per Maiocco: Don't expect the 49ers to pick O-Lineman in the first two days of draft. Day 3, Azusa Pacific's Luke Marquardt (6'8" 315) is an option.

Apparently the 49ers and Patriots have shown a high level of interest in him. The 49ers are looking for a back up OT since they believe they have their future at C and back up OG. A solid back up OT would allow Boone to focus simply on OG as he is currently starting OG and back up at both OT spots. Marquardt will be a bit of a project due to having not played much football over his career (basketball player in HS), but he is talented.

And who is the 9ers future C?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney or Kilgore. Apparently they are both being allowed to compete for the starting job in training camp with Goodwin.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope the reason the Niners aren't going is so they don't give away their interest. Trent better be like, "Pro' day? We don' nee' no stinking pro' day!"

Maiocco did a little piece about how our draft picks under Trent really fly under the radar. Our picks tend to be guys that we've only spoken to once or a few times with a very luke warm vibe. And he's unpredictable with the actual picks. About nobody saw the Aldon pick coming. Jenkins came completely out of nowhere. James was a huge surprise because we already had Hunter. So I think Trent would be a really good poker player if he wasn't doing this GM thing because nobody knows what we're going to do.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm so disappointed. Even after the combine, Tank Carradine was the most obvious case of low-hanging fruit I've seen in a long time based on the 2nd / 3rd round projections he was getting. Now it looks like the lowest he'll go is in the early 20's, and he might even go in the top 10 where he belongs :(

Oh well. At least Hankins is still there for the picking (I hope).

If they don't get Carradine, I want Richard Seymour or John Abraham.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note:

Todd McShay says that over the last 10 years, 40% of defensive tackles drafted in the first round turn out to be busts.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

I know about the trade value chart but what is the value of a pick in 2014? For example if the 9ers trade the 34th pick for a next years first? Would the value be worth 2014 first and this years high 3rd? or more?

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The value is in essence one round above the current yrs draft round. So, a 5th this year is a 4th next yr.. Now, with 34, its high enough that it could warrant an additional pick in the mid rounds this yr. Like a 4 this yr and a 1 next yr

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula had dinner with Tank before his Pro Day.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I've never really said much about Geno Smith because I think he's a hard QB to evaluate. Small school; future NFL WR who is faster than anyone on the defenses they play. However, he has a quick release & seems pretty accurate.

Last year I said I think RGIII will be a below-average QB in the NFL because he's not tough enough to hold up against NFL hitters with his style of play over the long run. Time will tell if I'm right. I think a big reason for RGIII's success as a passer is because teams have to key on him as a runner. Teams will have to do the same for Geno, but not ot the same extent.

I have a feeling Geno is going to go to the Browns or Bills. If he does, I don't see how he's going to be very successful in the NFL. The only team with whom I think he could be successful is the Eagles, and even then I don't think he's a great prospect.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Geno is gonna go to the Iggles at 4.. A reach, but fits imo what Chip Kelly wants to do at the qb position. Gives him a little while with Vick there to learn the offense without having to be thrust immediately into the starting qb role..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2. San Francisco will be busy – The 49ers are at No. 31 overall, have 13 draft picks, including two selections each in Rounds 2-5. It's believed by at least one GM that the Niners are interested in moving up to the 13th or 14th overall pick. There is no way that the 49ers can keep more than five or six new draft picks with the way the team is structured right now. Expect GM Trent Baalke to either trade up or trade out for picks in the future. The talk around the league is that the 49ers would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith. The team also needs a safety, No. 2 tight end and could use an impact corner. All of that is possible.

Y! SPORTS

If they are seriously interested in jumping up that high than Tavon Austin is the only player that I can think of that they would be interested in grabbing in that spot.

DL doesn't make sense to me since all that top DL prospects are usually off the board at that point and there is plenty of value there at 31 and the same could be said about Safety.

CB maybe but I don't see anyone standout enough to give up the picks to trade up for.

Only player I can think of would be Tavon Austin since that's right about the range he'll go in and probably wouldn't make it past the Rams at #16.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are trading up to 13 I have to think that Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes or Star have to be the 3 guys they are targeting.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are trading up to 13 I have to think that Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes or Star have to be the 3 guys they are targeting.

No to Vaccaro! Someone needs to call Trent and relay this message! I heat reading about this "trade".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I hope not. Star would be a good pick, but that would mean they're probably not going to steal Hankins in round 2 (who's a better player MO).

Vaccaro would be a disaster.

Rhodes at 13? I'd be disappointed. The only players for whom I'd trade that high are Anzah, Warmack, Milliner or Cooper.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them using one of the first two picks and trading one of them for a future 1st rounder.. The positions they are in are stellar for that.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star is a far superior player for a 3-4. FAR. He is the replacement for Smith you all need.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Star is a far superior player for a 3-4. FAR. He is the replacement for Smith you all need.

I like Star, but I like Hankins more.

You're right that Star would be a better replacement for JSmith though. I like Hankins at the nose.

I don't thik Star will be there at 13.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Star, but I like Hankins more.

You're right that Star would be a better replacement for JSmith though. I like Hankins at the nose.

I don't thik Star will be there at 13.

I have him there and have seen a lot of people mocking him down there. If He isn't taken in the top 4 the only other team I see that might take him is the Jets at 9, but I think they take pass rusher or Tavon Austin.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man... NOW I GOT ALL GIGGLY ABOUT A TOP 15 PICK!!! I doubt it happens..

Side note.. Mayock I believe put out his final position rankings before the draft and a cpl surprises imo.. The first thing that stood out was Milliner was noe his no.2 corner behind the heart patient DJ Hayden.. Also, Teo was his no. 1 ILB ahead of ogletree.

What if we are able to move up to 13 and get Milliner.. Move 31, 61 and out 2nd next yr.. Does that value add up? I would figure it'd be a stretch, but hopeful..