• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Fisher - T - Chippewas

Detroit Lions GM Martin Mayhew says the team will not trade up to the No. 1 overall selection.

"There's a lot of rumors and speculation -- we're gonna trade up to No. 1 -- which is not going to happen," Mayhew said. He added that he follows the whispers around the league: "I follow it. ... How much stock do I put in it? None. Zero," Mayhew said. "But I certainly read and keep up on what's going on around the league and what people are saying, and glean what some other people might be thinking."
Source: NFL.com

Apr 18 - 4:38 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Elam - DB - Gators

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says he "likes" Florida S Matt Elam as a first-round pick.

Mayock said, "Only real downside is his height. Positive side, kid that tackles, tough, cares. I think he plays a lot of years." Elam's a talented player but needs to play under more control and with better fundamentals. He could be a fit as a box safety in sub-packages.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Apr 18 - 4:55 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Phillip Thomas - DB - Bulldogs

NFL Network's Mike Mayock said Fresno State S Phillip Thomas is a starting free safety in the NFL.

Mayock also said that Thomas projects to the third-round. Thomas has visited with multiple teams, including the Redskins, Panthers, Steelers and Falcons. He's a center-field safety and projects well to the NFL.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Apr 18 - 4:58 PM

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping for Thomas in the third.

If he last that long.. He is the type of FS I like and want on the 9ers. The "hard hitting" over committing types piss me off soo much! Its not how to play the position.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anybody got a change to see Tyler Bray's edition of Gruden's QB camp, but I know some of you guys are high on him (Like Sickness).

While I know a lot of you are not fans of Gruden's QB Camp, I like to get a closer look at how the QB's talk and react to the criticism. I have to say i was not impressed with Bray's demeanor at all. He doesn't seem to do well with criticism and just seems like he's on edge.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know if anybody got a change to see Tyler Bray's edition of Gruden's QB camp, but I know some of you guys are high on him (Like Sickness).

While I know a lot of you are not fans of Gruden's QB Camp, I like to get a closer look at how the QB's talk and react to the criticism. I have to say i was not impressed with Bray's demeanor at all. He doesn't seem to do well with criticism and just seems like he's on edge.

I'm not impressed by his demeanor either. He's EXTREMELY immature IMO (even for for a 21 year old). If he came in and started as a rookie, I think he'd be one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

He also has serious accuracy issues. I've not been trying to give the impression that he's a great QB prospect. However, he's my favourite 2nd / 3rd round QB prospect in a very weak QB class because I think Harbaugh could turn him into a very good QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not impressed by his demeanor either. He's EXTREMELY immature IMO (even for for a 21 year old). If he came in and started as a rookie, I think he'd be one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

He also has serious accuracy issues. I've not been trying to give the impression that he's a great QB prospect. However, he's my favourite 2nd / 3rd round QB prospect in a very weak QB class because I think Harbaugh could turn him into a very good QB.

don't have a problem with your opinion on Bray, if you like him (2nd/3rd) then you like him.

but just reading the above post, serious accuracy issues raises a serious flag. would not draft a QB with serious accuracy issues, then expect Harbaugh to work miracles?

its almost like drafting a LB who can't tackle, or a WR who can't catch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here are some I'm-not-seeing-it players. Meaning there are players who are getting a lot of hype, and I don't buy it.

Datone Jones. Solid prospect. High floor. 1st round though? Reach IMO.

Cyprien. Good SS prospect; doesn't really do anything great though. If we're talking pick 61, then I'd be ok with him. 31? No way.

DJ Hayden. I figured out why people rank him so high: he ran a 4.33 in his pro' day. However, I don't buy pro' day times. Top 15 for this guy? He's not a blue-chip CB IMO. Good prospect but rated too high IMO. Get Slay later. More up-side; less to pay in terms of a draft pick.

Mingo. Amazing first step, but Corey Lemonier has that too. Why isn't he a top 15 prospect? There's no way I'd touch him that high. I'd wait another 50 picks & get Lemonier.

Matt Elam. Very limited. Rated too high.

Sylvester Williams. Top 25 pick? He's a good DT, but there's no way I'd invest that high of a pick in the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens to attend Florida State pass rusher Tank Carradine's Saturday workout - baltimoresun.com

Carradine has been working out in Houston with the same physical therapist who oversaw Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's remarkable recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament. By all accounts, Carradine has made significant progress.

Carradine has visited several teams, including the Ravens, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news to some, if not most.

ESPN, NFL Network tweak draft coverage; won't show draftees in Green Room - CBSSports.com

As we get set to experience the splendor of the NFL draft (this year, featuring 26 players in attendance!), the networks airing it are tweaking how they're covering the draft.

According to Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch, after the league met with ESPN and the NFL Network on Wednesday, the three entities have decided to turn up the intrigue on the drama.

Deitsch writes that the NFL Network and ESPN have agreed not to “show a draftee on the phone in the Green Room prior to the pick on the first night of the NFL Draft.” In past years obviously, those Green Room shots let the viewer knew who Roger Goodell was about to announce before Goodell could get to the podium and actually say the name.

This way, nobody except the draftee -- and whoever is sitting next to him in the Green Room -- will know which player the next team on the clock will take until Goodell announces it.

Which the league hopes will add even more intrigue to the proceedings and indirectly gives Goodell more power than ever before.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Here are some I'm-not-seeing-it players. Meaning there are players who are getting a lot of hype, and I don't buy it.

Datone Jones. Solid prospect. High floor. 1st round though? Reach IMO.

Cyprien. Good SS prospect; doesn't really do anything great though. If we're talking pick 61, then I'd be ok with him. 31? No way.

DJ Hayden. I figured out why people rank him so high: he ran a 4.33 in his pro' day. However, I don't buy pro' day times. Top 15 for this guy? He's not a blue-chip CB IMO. Good prospect but rated too high IMO. Get Slay later. More up-side; less to pay in terms of a draft pick.

Mingo. Amazing first step, but Corey Lemonier has that too. Why isn't he a top 15 prospect? There's no way I'd touch him that high. I'd wait another 50 picks & get Lemonier.

Matt Elam. Very limited. Rated too high.

Sylvester Williams. Top 25 pick? He's a good DT, but there's no way I'd invest that high of a pick in the guy.

WhatchutalkinboutSickness?? j/k.. I cant really comment too much one way or the other, but I know that with Jones, he looks the part imo to take over for Justin Smith in a year or two. Very aggressive at Senior Bowl, only Fisher was really able to contain him, and even then it was close to even. Now, going back to watch some games on youtube(not just the highlights, but as many actual game clips as possible) he didn't flash as much as I expected, but he showed some potential.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ravens to attend Florida State pass rusher Tank Carradine's Saturday workout - baltimoresun.com

Carradine has been working out in Houston with the same physical therapist who oversaw Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's remarkable recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament. By all accounts, Carradine has made significant progress.

Carradine has visited several teams, including the Ravens, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots

I hope the reason the Niners aren't going is so they don't give away their interest. Trent better be like, "Pro' day? We don' nee' no stinking pro' day!"

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, it reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers.

What bothers me is Bray's decision making and inaccuracy...probably the 2 most important attributes to be successful at the NFL level.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this as been posted but.

Per Maiocco: Don't expect the 49ers to pick O-Lineman in the first two days of draft. Day 3, Azusa Pacific's Luke Marquardt (6'8" 315) is an option.

Apparently the 49ers and Patriots have shown a high level of interest in him. The 49ers are looking for a back up OT since they believe they have their future at C and back up OG. A solid back up OT would allow Boone to focus simply on OG as he is currently starting OG and back up at both OT spots. Marquardt will be a bit of a project due to having not played much football over his career (basketball player in HS), but he is talented.