• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner - DB - Player

"Several league sources" tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer they believe Alabama CB Dee Milliner's medical history was leaked to the media in a "smear campaign" before the draft.

The medical report -- which includes a torn labrum in Milliner's shoulder, a past knee scope, a rod in his tibia, and a past hernia surgery -- was reported Monday by both Chris Mortensen of ESPN and NFL Network's Charley Casserly. "Teams have known about these surgeries all along," a source told the Plain Dealer. "They haven't been a secret and this is not a big issue." Mortensen insisted on air that the medical report is "not misinformation," and corroborated the source's side, saying "all teams have this same information."
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Apr 22 - 10:47 PM

Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes, and Desmond Trufant

All aren't deserving to be picked in the 1st two rounds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes, and Desmond Trufant

All aren't deserving to be picked in the 1st two rounds.

first TWO rounds? ie these are all 3rd rounders?

your opinion is fine but find it hard to believe everybody else is this far off?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

your opinion is fine but find it hard to believe everybody else is this far off?

wait................you MAY be saying one or two are 3rd rounders, not all three?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
one, two, three.. more like NONE..

all 'dem goin in the first.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
one, two, three.. more like NONE..

all 'dem goin in the first.

probably but then again, who knows?

if Hayden goes before these guys, might push one into round 2? will there be four teams drafting CB in round 1?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick's bust pick (not sure why though)

Lack of anyone who really stands out as a bust in the first round really. But that's not set in stone yet; there could be some surprise first rounders like your boy Barkley.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Haven't given that any thought since they wouldn't be on the board anyways in the 3rd round. On CBs, run defense plays a very small factor in my grading. When see them in pass coverage they're in bad positions to make plays on the ball, also they don't use the boundary to their advantage as much as I'd want my CB to do.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't given that any thought since they wouldn't be on the board anyways in the 3rd round. On CBs, run defense plays a very small factor in my grading. When see them in pass coverage they're in bad positions to make plays on the ball, also they don't use the boundary to their advantage as much as I'd want my CB to do.

again, your opinion is fine......but now i'm not so sure i know what it is? :-)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4 teams showing most interest in Lattimore

According to South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore, the Rams, Patriots, Eagles, and 49ers have shown the most interest in his services.

The 49ers intrigue us the most for two reasons. First, the team has a large amount of picks and could use one on an injury risk like Lattimore. Second, even though a new regime is in place since selecting Frank Gore, the team has a history of converting medical red flags into a productive player.
Source: Charlie Bernstein on Twitter

Apr 23 - 10:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Longhorns

One NFC scout told Rams beat writer Jim Thomas that the team has to take Texas S Kenny Vaccaro.

"I’d take Vaccaro. I think he’s probably not as good as Earl Thomas but he’s up there," the scout said. "He’s a legitimate guy." Vaccaro fits any team's style since he can cover the new wave of mismatch offensive types, lining up against quicker slot receivers or larger tight ends.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Apr 23 - 11:30 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Cougars

ESPN's Mel Kiper mocked BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah to the Jaguars at pick No. 2.

"Pass rush is a significant issue, and Ansah offers a high ceiling," Kiper writes. We think the Jaguars could target Ansah if they end up trading down from pick No. 2 with a team that covets a tackle. He showed a lot of promise as a pass rusher form a wide alignment.
Source: ESPN

Apr 23 - 12:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

The Dolphins, Giants, Vikings, and Falcons are the "top suitors" for FSU DE Cornellius Carradine, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

All four teams make sense, but the Dolphins would have to be sure Carradine could make an impact during his rookie season. The Vikings make a lot of sense, because of the contract situation of their entire defensive line. Even if he lack production during his rookie season, we firmly believe Carradine will be an impact player.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Apr 23 - 12:36 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Bulldogs

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects the Steelers to be Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones' floor on draft day.

"If I even get to 17, I don’t think I get past the Steelers," Jones said. The pure outside linebacker will appeal to teams who utilize three man fronts, like the Jets, Saints, and Colts. However, we wouldn't be surprised if Jones somehow makes it out of the top 32 picks.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 23 - 3:09 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Luke Joeckel - T - Aggies

The "feeling is" Texas A&M T Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan T Eric Fisher will be the first two picks on Thursday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We understand the pick for the Chiefs, since they will likely deal Branden Albert, but the remaining tackle must be much higher than other prospects on the Jaguars board since current left tackle Eugene Monroe is the team's best player. We would select Dion Jordan in that spot. Schefter's tweet was not very specific, however, and a team could trade up into the second slot.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 23 - 4:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryan Nassib - QB - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live that opinions of Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib are "all across the board" among teams, and one club even gave Nassib an undrafted free agent grade.

"Some teams say they have him rated as the top quarterback on the board," Schefter stated. "I've heard other teams say they have him as nothing more than a fourth-round pick. I even had one team tell me that their coaches didn't consider him draftable, and they're not putting him on their board and they're not studying him." Fans would be astounded at differing opinions on prospects among teams. As the saying goes, "all it takes is one" to fall in love with Nassib and make him a first-round pick, which almost surely will happen.

Apr 23 - 4:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manti Te'o - LB - Player

An anonymous scout tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel his team has removed Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o from its draft board.

"We've kind of taken him off the board," the scout said. "He doesn't have enough ability to put up with all (his off-the-field issues). Why fool with it? ... This was the first year he's really gotten himself in shape. Some of his teammates think he's kind of a phony." Another scout called Te'o a pretty good player in the "grand scheme" of things, but believes he's a second-round talent. Te'o is a fringe first-round prospect, but will undoubtedly be talked up as one of the most important prospects of the past decade during ESPN and NFL Network's draft coverage.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Apr 23 - 3:57 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lane Johnson - T - Player

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins are willing to trade up in addition to trading back.

Per Schefter, they are "exploring both options." Schefter also confirms the Falcons have shown "some willingness" to trade up. The amount of pre-draft speculation will soon become overwhelming bordering on worthless, but it's been well-established that both Miami and Atlanta will be willing to make draft-night moves. Related: Dolphins, Falcons
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 23 - 3:08 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Player

Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones insists his 4.92 time in the 40-yard dash shouldn't be an issue on draft night.

"Brandon Spikes ran a 4.95 and he's a good player," Jones reasoned. "Terrell Suggs was one of those guys and he's causing sacks. It doesn't matter, man. I feel that way. Once you're on the field, it's all about pursuit and angles. ... If I'm a student of the game, if I know what you're doing before you do it, it doesn't matter how fast you are." The most productive pass-rusher in the SEC last season, Jones has an outside shot at breaching the top-ten.
Source: USA Today

Apr 23 - 3:18 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

The Dolphins, Giants, Vikings, and Falcons are the "top suitors" for FSU DE Cornellius Carradine, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

:mad2: