• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is faster than you thought? Man you must have had low expectations.

For him yeah. He ran faster than Keenan Allen. Allen looks faster on film than Lacy IMO. I definitely had low expectations for him with regard to his top end speed. He seems more like a 4.7 guy. Which wouldn't be entirely bad news anyway.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy is barely a top 5 back in this draft IMO

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he still was dieting well, and participating in other types of conditioning/training that wouldn't put more stress on that bad hammy. There are ways to still get an edge without actually running. I refuse to believe that he had no sort of training (running the forty in particular) prior to this pro day workout. He had to find a way to get ready / experiencing running the forty - that wasn't his first time ever running the forty prior to this proday workout. I hate to allow him or anyone to use that as an excuse. If that's the case then one can argue that if it weren't for a bad hammy and had more time to prepare for it, instead of a 4.5 forty he could have ran a 4.4 or even a 4.3 forty? I don't know I'm just saying.

I believe the torn hamstring contributed to him not being in the best of shape.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lacy is barely a top 5 back in this draft IMO

I don't like him all that much. But I think he is a top 5 back in this class, which is an underwhelming class to begin with. I'd rather wait for the 2014 draft to address our RB position. As for your Bengals, I hope you guys draft Lacy in the first :-P I don't want to see him in a 9ers uni at all.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like him all that much. But I think he is a top 5 back in this class, which is an underwhelming class to begin with. I'd rather wait for the 2014 draft to address our RB position. As for your Bengals, I hope you guys draft Lacy in the first :-P I don't want to see him in a 9ers uni at all.

We aren't taking a big back. We have BJGE for that. We need a speed guy. Franklin, Bernard, Randle or Ellington will be a Bengal next year IMO.

I don't think there are any top tier backs in this draft, but I think there are A LOT of really good rotational backs.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Bulldogs

Only one of Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones' 14.5 sacks in 2012 occurred against a double team.

The number is noteworthy, since Jones was an ultra productive edge rusher thanks to snap anticipation and a motor to chase down. Jets beat writer Rich Cimini notes that BYU pass rusher Ezekiel Ansah registered only 4.5 sacks, but 2.5 of them came after being double teamed. Jones has been known to be a liability in run defense at times.
Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Apr 11 - 12:29 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Eifert - TE - Fighting Irish

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein does not expect a TE to be selected in the top 15 picks.

"Eifert is pretty good, but certainly not special - at all," Zierlein tweeted. Some have pegged the Irish tight end as the top skill position player in this draft and have given him a top 20 grade. We think he goes off the board in the first-round, but the large group of tight ends will like be drafted during the second day.
Source: The Sideline View

Apr 11 - 1:48 PM

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Eifert as a top 20 player. I have him as the 16th best player actually.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm a big FSU fan and i am still not sold on Tank for me to invest so much on him. I like the agressive up in trying to trade up, but I don't know how I would feel about the player itself. Would he even play right away anyway ahead of Ray or Justin? That's giving up a whole lot for someone who's only going to be able to play no more than 50% of our defensive snaps.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Margus Hunt - DL - Mustangs

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes that SMU DE Margus Hunt is overrated and plays like a third round selection.

"While I like Hunt’s potential and believe he should become a good starting defensive end in the NFL, I feel he is not close to being a dominant player whose production warrants being selected in the first round, which is where I believe he will be selected," wrote Lande. "I think his on-field production warrants more of a third round selection and if he is chosen in the first round the expectations will be hard for him to play up too early in his career."
Source: National Football Post

Apr 11 - 5:06 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Glennon - QB - Wolfpack

Local Buffalo media member Sal Capaccio tweeted that he has been told the Bills remain "fairly high" on NC State QB Mike Glennon.

Capaccio went on to note that this "doesn't mean they are 'in love' or will target him... but they have liked him for a while and still have him higher than most would tend to think." The Bills have been linked to almost every single quarterback prospect, and the only obvious moves seems to be that they will select at least one.
Source: Sal Capaccio on Twitter

Apr 11 - 3:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sylvester Williams - DT - Tar Heels

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes UNC DT Sylvester Williams is underrated and could go in the top 15.

"Even though many are sure that Sharrif Floyd and Star Lotulelei will be the first two DT’s drafted, we think Williams should be in consideration to be the first one selected," Lande wrote. "And we are not alone as more than one NFL team has told us that they have Star and Williams pretty much tied atop the DT rankings on their respective team’s draft boards, so do not be shocked when he ends up as a top fifteen selection despite being discussed primarily as a second or third round selection."
Source: National Football Post

Apr 11 - 5:09 PM

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big FSU fan and i am still not sold on Tank for me to invest so much on him. I like the agressive up in trying to trade up, but I don't know how I would feel about the player itself. Would he even play right away anyway ahead of Ray or Justin? That's giving up a whole lot for someone who's only going to be able to play no more than 50% of our defensive snaps.

Very true. He's talented enough to be taken at that spot- but that is a large investment.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Evans - DB - Gators

Florida S Josh Evans has visits lined up with the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets.

Evans has had previous visits, with teams such as the New England Patriots, New York Giants and Cleveland Browns. It's been said in the past that Evans is a better prospect than teammate Matt Elam, who is also highly regarded. National Football Post's Russ Lande recently wrote that Evans was more fluid and athletic than Elam at the school's pro day.
Source: Only Gators on Twitter

Apr 11 - 5:28 PM

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

are you only looking at this season?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's taken me a while, but here are a couple of players I'm really starting to like:

Jonathan Jenkins. And this has nothing to do with the fact that he lost 11 pounds after the combine. He just has the kind of raw strength you can't teach, and it's rare to find a guy that big who isn't useless rushing the passer. He should be a first round pick. He'd actually be a good fit in SF because he wouldn't have to play many downs.

Corey Lemonier. Everything about this guy screams sleeper. I think he would've been a first round pick if he went back to school another year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. Also, the only players I could see starting from day 1 in this entire draft are Warmack / Cooper at C or a safety.

Ansah, Milliner, Lotulelei, Vaccaro, could all start from day one.

Players who wouldn't start from day one but have a chance to have an immediate impact (a la Aldon Smith 2011) due to a solid veteran being ahead of them on the depth chart. These players are Mingo, J. Jones, D. Jones, Johnathan Jenkins, Rhodes, Austin, Patterson, Tank (?), Eifert, Hayden, Amerson, etc.

Players who could start for us immediately - by default due to lack of depth or talent at that position are: Dustin Hopkins, Matt Elam, Eric Reid, Cyprien, Sylvester Williams.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
are you only looking at this season?

I'm looking at it into the start of 2014. I don't see him starting ahead of Ray and Justin. Justin would definitely be on a decline, but I don't expect it to be to the point where is isn't considered a better player than Carridine would be at that point of time. I'm having a hard time believing that Tank is that could for him to start in 2014.

Again, I am a strong believer that any 1st round pick should come in immediately and start right away. If not start than he must be able to contribute significantly right away (other than QBs - who nowadays are expected to start and produce big time right away).

The main reason why people like me and Clyde were advocating for Kaepernick to get a shot at the position earlier this year (before Alex was even having a "great" season) was because the amount of invest that was put towards him. A high 2nd round pick...we traded up for him. You don't make such a huge investment on a player to say, he will be our starting quarterback in 2016. If that was the case then we should pass up on him...if he was that raw and unprepare to take on a starting role within a year, then pass him up and get Kyle Rudolph.

Now going back to that scenario above, if you're trading up not in the 2nd round but in the first round for a player, than that player must be able to come in right away and contribute. Is he JJ Watt? Why trade up and give up so much for a player who IMO wouldn't be ready to start until 2015??!!