• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I say has never had anything to do with what the "experts" say.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Corey Lemonier looks Tarzan but plays like Jane.

That's a little harsh IMO. Jane? The dude has a great first step and takes on run-blocks extremely well. He doesn't play like Jane. He has a long way to go, but the guy's 21 years old. That's 18 months younger than Dion Jordan, 16 months older than Anzah, 23 months younger than Jarvis Jones, 13 months younger than Mingo, 15 months younger than Werner...

I think he's a guy who would've been looked at as a first rounder had he went gone back to school.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi State CB Darius Slay has been invited to the NFL draft.
It's notable because Slay is not a particularly big name, but the NFL typically only invites players likely to be drafted on the first two days. Slay's stock among teams may be higher than draftniks know. He's 6-foot, 192 and ran 4.36 at the Combine. Slay was Johnthan Banks' lesser-known bookend at Mississippi State.

SHIT

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Jets are "very high on" Georgia DE Cornelius Washington.
Per Pauline, the Jets are expected to consider Washington on the draft's second day. Washington blew up the Combine with a 4.55 forty and 1.60 ten-yard split at 6-foot-4 and 265 pounds. Washington's production (0.5 sacks) was alarming as Georgia miscast him as a five-technique, 3-4 end, but he certainly is athletic enough to convert to base 4-3 defensive end or outside-rush linebacker.

SHIT

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mississippi State CB Darius Slay has been invited to the NFL draft.
It's notable because Slay is not a particularly big name, but the NFL typically only invites players likely to be drafted on the first two days. Slay's stock among teams may be higher than draftniks know. He's 6-foot, 192 and ran 4.36 at the Combine. Slay was Johnthan Banks' lesser-known bookend at Mississippi State.

SHIT

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Jets are "very high on" Georgia DE Cornelius Washington.
Per Pauline, the Jets are expected to consider Washington on the draft's second day. Washington blew up the Combine with a 4.55 forty and 1.60 ten-yard split at 6-foot-4 and 265 pounds. Washington's production (0.5 sacks) was alarming as Georgia miscast him as a five-technique, 3-4 end, but he certainly is athletic enough to convert to base 4-3 defensive end or outside-rush linebacker.

SHIT

I'll second & third that. Especially Slay. He's one of the few CB prospects I really liked where he was projected. Always said I liked him over guys who were projected to go higher like Jamar Taylor & Hayden. :(

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some draft prospects I've loved all season & wanted 'em in red & gold. However, it's starting to look like a lot of 'em are going to be selected a lot higher than they were projected, and so their value is no longer anywhere near where it used to be. Here are a few I think have been "priced out of the market," so to speak:

Eric Reid. I think he'll go in the top 25 picks. I think he's the best safety in the draft (I've thouhgt that all season), but I wouldn't trade up for him. Not with the depth in this draft.

Cornelius Washington. LOVED the guy all season as a 5 tech' prospect, but it's starting to look like he might be a high 2nd roudner or maybe even a 1st. That's too high for a guy who's essentially a project at OLB.

Darius Slay. He was invited to the draft, which leads me to believe he'll be a first round pick. :(

Jonathan Cyprien. He's likely a first rounder too, but I think he would be a very uninspired 1st round pick. Only like him as a SS, but I'd like Eric Reid there a lot better. Might be gone at 31 anyway.

I SUSPECT WILL BE GONE BUT STILL HOLD OUT HOPE:

Tyler Eifert, Tank Carradine, Jarvis Jones.

On the other hand, here are some players whose stock is still low & the Niners should absolutely consider 'em:

Hankins. He's the steal of the draft IMO.
Jonathan Jenkins. A man that massive who can also rush the passer? Should be a 1st roudner. Is being talked about as a late 2nd or even 3rd.
David Amerson. Raw; takes bad angles; probably won't do much as a rook. But a talented, VERY quick for 205 pounds 21-year old DB who could develop into a good FS or even CB in the 60 range? Sign me up. The Niners need talnted DB prospects badly.
Corey Lemonier. Another young, raw guy whom the Niners could turn into the next Ahmad Brooks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To add to my list, here are some players I have no idea if the NFL is still ignoring or if they've caught on

Ryan Swope, Aaron Dobson, Tyler Bray, Trevardo Williams, Chris Gragg, Mark Harrison, Everett Dawkins to a lesser extent (who doesn't look like a great fit in the 3-4 anyway).

And I love Terron Armstead as a jumbo TE, but who knows how high he'll go? I love Justin Hunter too, but I've seen him mocked anywhere from the 20's to the 60's.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be absolutely shocked if Eric Reid is drafted in the 1st round. 2nd round seems like a better place for him, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at him there but definitely not with our first pick. I like Vaccaro and Cyprien better but wouldn't be extremely excited about either of them in the 1st (although I think Cyprien at 31 is a likely scenerio).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dj Swearinger > Eric Reid by 3 country miles....

Couldn't disagree with that more.

Reid is bigger, taller, younger, much faster, much quicker, has longer arms, hits harder... There really isn't much of anything Swearinger does better than Reid.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Reid is bigger, taller, younger, much faster, much quicker, has longer arms, hits harder... There really isn't much of anything Swearinger does better than Reid.

Eric Reid > Swearinger
But I don't think Swearinger is far off, just that he's going to be a penalty magnet in the NFL, but I also think he's the hardest hitting safety in the draft.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I never noticed Reid, as I was often watching LSU's DL. So I guess I can't offer much on him. I have seen a bunch of Swearinger, though. My impression was that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hit harder/more violently.

Also, I think unless someone has coach's tape or All-22 tape etc., it's pretty tough to evaluate DBs.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry Sick, I don't mean to pick at you, I swear I don't.

I just want to point out AGAIN, that in another thread that I happen to read with you posting, I see you going head over heels over a player being bigger, taller, faster, etc. Ignoring the fact that this player's (Reid) season has shown him being not a very good defender in coverage since game 1.

I am really not trying to mess with you, that's not my intention. I just wanted to point out what I was talking about the last time we had a discussion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sorry Sick, I don't mean to pick at you, I swear I don't.

I just want to point out AGAIN, that in another thread that I happen to read with you posting, I see you going head over heels over a player being bigger, taller, faster, etc. Ignoring the fact that this player's (Reid) season has shown him being not a very good defender in coverage since game 1.

I am really not trying to mess with you, that's not my intention. I just wanted to point out what I was talking about the last time we had a discussion.

No, that's fine. I fully admit I put far more stock into workout numbers than you do. And if there's one position where pure 2nd-gear speed matters it's safety. I just don't agree that Reid showed he isn't any good in coverage. However, I want Reid as a STRONG safety. In fact, I think both Reid and Swearinger would do better in the SS position than at FS. So I want a hard hitter who's going to close on runners quickly and wrap up well. Reid does all of those things. And I think his coverage skills are good too. He needs to diagnose passing plays more quickly, but that comes with experience. The guy is barely 21 years old, and I think he's one of the youngest 1st / 2nd round prospects in the draft.

Swearinger, on the other hand, isn't great in coverage. He doesn't have the burst to turn & run with NFL receivers all that well. He's more of a zone coverage guy. And he gets blocked a lot easier than Reid does.

Swearinger's a good SS prospect, but Reid could be a great one in a year or 2 IMO.