• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's taken me a while, but here are a couple of players I'm really starting to like:

Jonathan Jenkins. And this has nothing to do with the fact that he lost 11 pounds after the combine. He just has the kind of raw strength you can't teach, and it's rare to find a guy that big who isn't useless rushing the passer. He should be a first round pick. He'd actually be a good fit in SF because he wouldn't have to play many downs.

Corey Lemonier. Everything about this guy screams sleeper. I think he would've been a first round pick if he went back to school another year.

Jonathan Jenkins was dominating offensive lineman during the senior bowl practices. This kid is a stud. If he drops to the 2nd round and a 3-4 team is able to get him at that spot, than that team would get a tremendous steal IMO.

Corey Lemonier looks Tarzan but plays like Jane.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chance Warmack - G - Crimson

Tide NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that he grades Alabama G Chance Warmack and UNC G Jonathan Cooper over David DeCastro.

At this time last year, some were suggesting DeCastro as a top 10 selection due to his "safe" evaluation. Warmack and Cooper have received the same buzz this year, but project to different kinds of offenses. Instead of both lasting past the 23rd pick, Warmack and Cooper could find themselves in the top 20 area.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Apr 12 - 8:47 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Le'Veon Bell - RB - Spartans

Pass happy NFL teams are excited about Michigan State RB Le'Veon Bell's blocking and receiving skills, according to former scout Daniel Jeremiah.

Jeremiah believes Bell is "a good fit for the pro game." That comfort in and agility in space is nice, but we worry that Bell takes too long to get going and might need to be given the second level to succeed. regardless, Bell could be selected on the draft's second day.

Apr 12 - 9:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner - DB - Crimson Tide

After speaking with multiple NFL teams, the three positions with clarity at the top are CB, S, and TE, per NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah.

Dee Milliner is the top corner, Kenny Vaccaro is the top safety, and Tyler Eifert is the top tight end. We takes this to mean every other position has some contention at No. 1, and we wouldn't be surprised if that included these three positions. Some notable exceptions are Luke Joeckel at left tackle and Chance Warmack at guard.

Apr 12 - 9:48 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

NFL.com's Gil Brandt does not believe Utah DL Star Lotulelei was "consistently competitive in college."

"He'd do some really good things, and then he'd kind of take a little rest sometimes," Brandt writes. "That's the kind of thing that guys grow out of, of course, but I'm just grading these players based on what I've seen, and not necessarily on what they might do in the future." Brandt ranks Star as the 22nd best prospect in this draft class.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 12 - 10:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - BYU

BYU DE Ziggy Ansah had "never seen a football game" before enrolling in college.

The 23-year-old Ansah is a native of Ghana, and enrolled at BYU with hopes of walking on to the basketball team. He ran track before finally joining the football team in 2010. He didn't earn a scholarship until 2012. Ansah's unusual background and slow development have created questions about his top-ten draft status, but most signs suggest he won't escape the top five. An imposing 6-foot-5, 271 pounds, Ansah ran a 4.63 40-yard dash at the Combine, and posted the second fastest ten-yard split among defensive linemen.
Source: Detroit Free Press

Apr 12 - 9:22 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Cardinals

The Dolphins "really like" Stanford TE Zach Ertz.

They also reportedly "appreciate" Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert. Tight end is certainly a trouble spot for the Dolphins, but Eifert would be a reach at No. 12. Ertz, however, could still be on the board when they pick at No. 42. Ertz leaves much to be desired as a blocker, but would be an immediate pass-catching threat.
Source: Miami Herald

Apr 12 - 9:45 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Cougars

BYU pass rusher Ezekiel Ansah ranks as Gil Brandt's second best prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.

"The relative football newbie is a unique individual in terms of how quickly he seems to have taken to the game," Brandt writes. "Some guys can play for years without grasping the nuances of competing on the defensive line as well as Ansah has in this early phase of his career." Ansah moved up from the No. 11 slot since February.

Apr 12 - 10:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

Former Tennessee HC Derek Dooley believes Cordarrelle Patterson "can be a head coach's delight."

We can't discern whether this quote is from Dooley, but Brandt added "though whoever becomes his offensive coordinator will have to coach him to bring his talent out." Much has been made about Patterson's lack of route prowess and even reports of questionable success on the white board, but Patterson is strong on slants, drags, screens, and can run vertical patterns with ease.

Apr 12 - 10:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Menelik Watson - T - Seminoles

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes FSU T Menelik Watson can play on the left side.

"Watson must have serious leadership qualities; at Marist College, the native of England was named a captain of the basketball team," Brandt writes. "He also must be a quick learner; the football novice played just one season on the gridiron after transferring to Saddleback College before becoming a starter at Florida State." Brandt ranks Watson as the No. 23 overall player in this class.

Apr 12 - 11:01 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyrann Mathieu - DB - Tigers

An assistant coach for an NFL team told Jarrett Bell of USA Today that former LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu admitted to failing over 10 drug tests in college.

"I quit counting at 10," Mathieu answered. "I really don’t know." The assistant coach went on to add that "if he flunked 10 tests before they suspended him, it shows that he got no kind of help." Teams have dealt with players who have drug issues and Mathieu is no different, but it will be interesting to see where he is selected.
Source: USA Today

Apr 12 - 11:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jonathan Cooper - G - Tar Heels

Draft insider Tony Pauline is the next media outlet to report that "several teams" rank UNC G Jonathan Cooper over Alabama G Chance Warmack.

"Over the past few days league insiders have told me they believe its a 50-50 split of teams who prefer Cooper over Warmack, and vice versa," Pauline writes. "The feeling is Cooper’s skill set is much better suited for the NFL and his versatility to line-up in multiple blocking schemes is added value." We will continue to rank Warmack over Cooper.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 12 - 12:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chance Warmack - G - Crimson Tide

Draft insider Tony Pauline notes that the Giants "would love the opportunity to select him as they feel he’s a great fit for their system."

"Moving towards the draft it seems one of the Giants early targets, Warmack’s teammate D.J. Fluker, will be out of reach," Pauline writes. It isn't in the Giants' nature to draft offensive linemen in the top two rounds, but we won't rule out these two prospects. Defensive line might be more likely.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 12 - 1:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnathan Cyprien - DB - Golden Panthers

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes FIU S Jonathan Cyprien's talent warrants a second day selection.

Cyprien ranked fourth on Brooks' top five overrated prospects. "The league has implemented strict rules against launching and hitting defenseless receivers, which will force Cyprien to change key parts of his game to avoid penalties and fines," Brooks writes. "Although it is possible for him to make the adjustment without incident, the transition must be factored into the evaluation when considering Cyprien as a first-round selection."

Apr 12 - 1:38 P

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Underrated RBs:

1.)
2.)

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Barkley's stock going up that high? I always viewed him as a top 15 pick, but this is surprising to say the least:

NFP Mock Draft - Version 11.0 | National Football Post

I can sort of get my head around why GM's may be shortsighted and try to take advantage of this zone-read thing, but why anyone has actually rated players like Mike Glennon and Nassib above Barkely never made any sense to me.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can sort of get my head around why GM's may be shortsighted and try to take advantage of this zone-read thing, but why anyone has actually rated players like Mike Glennon and Nassib above Barkely never made any sense to me.

I've got both WAY ahead of Barkley.