• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chance Warmack - G - Crimson

Tide National Football Post's Dan Pompei writes that an NFC personnel man told him that Alabama G Chance Warmack and UNC G Jonathan Cooper are "two different animals."

"Cooper and Warmack are two different animals," the personnel man said. "It depends what you are doing offensively. Cooper is an elite athlete, great in space, but a little undersized. Warmack is big, strong and physical, a close quarters mauler. Both are really good. I’d go with the North Carolina guy. He’s pretty unique." We think Warmack moves well enough and is a better prospect overall.
Source: National Football Post

Apr 10 - 9:42 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Renfree - QB - Blue Devils

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says that Duke QB Sean Renfree "might surprise us all."

"Find a spot," Mayock said. "I mean, in this entire group of quarterbacks this year, by far [he] throws with more anticipation and timing than anybody else. Now, part of the reason is, at best, he has an average arm, so throughout his life he's had to learn to get rid of the football more quickly, anticipate more quickly. I think he's quicker mentally." Renfree is a fan of ours too, especially our own's Alen Dumonjic. Dumonjic feels that Renfree has upside and is worthy of a fourth-round selection.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 10 - 9:48 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Trojans

The Chicago Tribune's Dan Pompei writes that scouts question USC QB Matt Barkley's accuracy, decision making and arm strength.

"I've seen him struggle to complete balls in warm-ups," one front-office man said. 'He makes his receivers work for it.'" The concerns over Barkley have been well documented, though not many have talked about his accuracy. Barkley wasn't always accurate with the ball last season but did a better job the previous year. Something worth watching when he gets into the NFL.
Source: The Chicago Tribune

Apr 10 - 10:30 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Wilson - QB - Razorbacks

The Chicago Tribune's Dan Pompei was told by a scout that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is the "safest best of all" quarterbacks this year.

"Wilson combines good footwork with a quick arm to make a lot of plays," Pompei writes. "His accuracy is up and down, and he has a bit of a gunslinger mentality. He has drawn comparisons to Tony Romo. Wilson has escapability, toughness and some of the "it" factor. "I think he's the safest bet of all of them," one scout said. "He's the one guy who reads defenses." His arm strength is average, at best. He makes good decisions and competes hard. He is shorter than ideal."
Source: The Chicago Tribune

Apr 10 - 10:34 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!
@MoveTheSticks: RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!
@MoveTheSticks: RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

images

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what I would do if he fell to 31 and we passed on him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow!

I think he'll be about as productive as Torrey Smith in the receiving game along with being a top kick returner in the league, but that doesn't warrant him a top 20 selection; especially in this draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow!

This would actually feel a little vindicating.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Reid - S - Tigers

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein talked with one NFL evaluator who said LSU S Eric Reid is on the rise.

Zierlein goes as far to note that Reid could go in the first-round. We think that is far too high for the LSU product, but some might value his perceived athletic upside. We think he gets overaggressive and flashes stiff hips when forced to change his angle. His late rise might indicate good character and white board evaluations.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Apr 10 - 2:43 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eric Reid - S - Tigers

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein talked with one NFL evaluator who said LSU S Eric Reid is on the rise.

Zierlein goes as far to note that Reid could go in the first-round. We think that is far too high for the LSU product, but some might value his perceived athletic upside. We think he gets overaggressive and flashes stiff hips when forced to change his angle. His late rise might indicate good character and white board evaluations.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Apr 10 - 2:43 PM

:(

Well, if that "first round" pick is the 31st overall, I'd be happy. The best safety in the entire draft at 31 is still great value.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note:

That beast of a Georgia DL this year was a pretty old one. Jarvis Jones, Jonathan Jenkins & Cornelius Washington will all be 24 years old ths season. Geathers will be 23.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NFL releases draft attendee list | ProFootballTalk

Last one in the green room (area)? I have my guess but anybody else want to weigh in first?

I hope I hope I hope it's Reid when the Niners trade for a pick to get him in the 2nd round (probably not though). :(

If I had to guess, I'd say your boy Eddie Lacy. 10 years ago, he'd have been a top 10 pick. Now a RB like him isn't as valuable.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Todd's latest mock:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon

3. Oakland Raiders - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

5. Detroit Lions - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

6. Cleveland Browns - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

7. Arizona Cardinals - Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma

8. Buffalo Bills - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

9. NY Jets - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

10. Tennessee Titans - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

11. San Diego Chargers - Johnathan Cooper, G, North Carolina

12. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

15. New Orleans Saints - Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU

16. St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

18. Dallas Cowboys - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

19. NY Giants - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama <--- BOOOOO!!!!

20. Chicago Bears - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

22. St Louis Rams (from WAS) - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

23. Minnesota Vikings - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

24. Indianapolis Colts - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

25. Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

26. Green Bay Packers - Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse < --- ???

27. Houston Texans - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State

28. Denver Broncos - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

29. New England Patriots - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

30. Atlanta Falcons - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

31. San Francisco 49ers - Johnathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

32. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame