• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've seen a bunch of love for Poyer the last month or so. Mostly in the 2nd round range. Is he only a 4th or later for you? I haven't seen him play more than a time or two.

2nd round? That seems too high. I must not have read the same stuff you did, because I've been thinking he's a 4th rounder.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round? That seems too high. I must not have read the same stuff you did, because I've been thinking he's a 4th rounder.

I haven't seen a mock yet that had him lower than the 2nd.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, early on he was showing up late first on boards. Senior Bowl week did nothing to create a fall for him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@evansilva: Mike Mayock's updated WR rankings: 1) Codarrelle Patterson 2) Tavon Austin 3) Keenan Allen 4) DeAndre Hopkins 5) Robert Woods.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why. He is grading him on this past season when his hands were awful.

I'd go Hunter 3, Hopkins 4, and Allen 5.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what do you guys think about hopkins? I haven't seen a lot of buzz about him on this board. Was thinking he'd be a steal at the bottom of the first.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't love another WR in the first round. Not with the depth at the WR position and all the talent on the DL in the first 2-3 rounds.

Hopkins
does have some Anquan Boldin in him though.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what do you guys think about hopkins? I haven't seen a lot of buzz about him on this board. Was thinking he'd be a steal at the bottom of the first.

Now that we've signed Nnamdi I'm all aboard the DeAndre Hopkins train. Previously, CB took priority over WR--and it still does--but by a large margin. Now that margin has become narrow enough to go best player available over needs.

I say the 49ers go

Hopkins
Robert Alford
Eric Reid/David Amerson (to play safety)

with the top three picks

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we've signed Nnamdi I'm all aboard the DeAndre Hopkins train. Previously, CB took priority over WR--and it still does--but by a large margin. Now that margin has become narrow enough to go best player available over needs.

I say the 49ers go

Hopkins
Robert Alford
Eric Reid/David Amerson (to play safety)

with the top three picks

With so many cb's on the team, isn't it written on the wall that Cully will enter training camp bigger to play fs?

I do agree that we need to go strong safety though, Matt Elam or Eric Reid if Elam isn't there.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke said Cully is not moving to FS at this point, and I believe him. Our starting FS will come from the draft. It's just a matter of if we burn one of the top two picks, or if we're comfortable letting things slide.

I'd be fine if they wanted to target Reid later, or another FS after the top two picks.

If we're comfortable targeting a starting FS later in the second, I'd love to get a player like Hopkins who falls. His style is a great compliment to Crabtree, and I think he'll be an impact player. Any of the safeties in this draft are more solid players, but not game breakers.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke said Cully is not moving to FS at this point, and I believe him. Our starting FS will come from the draft. It's just a matter of if we burn one of the top two picks, or if we're comfortable letting things slide.

I'd be fine if they wanted to target Reid later, or another FS after the top two picks.

If we're comfortable targeting a starting FS later in the second, I'd love to get a player like Hopkins who falls. His style is a great compliment to Crabtree, and I think he'll be an impact player. Any of the safeties in this draft are more solid players, but not game breakers.

Baalke is very literal with what he says. I didn't see the quote where he said that, but if he did say, "at his point" he probably means this literal point in time (Day/Month/Year/Hour/Minute/Second).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke is very literal with what he says. I didn't see the quote where he said that, but if he did say, "at his point" he probably means this literal point in time (Day/Month/Year/Hour/Minute/Second).
To add on...
Remember when he said the 49ers obviously don't have a future QB on the roster.
Alex Smith was technically a FA at the time and we ended up signing him later that offseason

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I look at the Niners' need for a pass-rusher like I look at their need for a WR. They have plenty of decent ones; it would be a lateral move to add too many more unless he's a really good one. There are only so many roster spots.

I mention this because I think Damontre Moore's stock tumble is getting a little out of control. Kiper has him at 58 to Denver. It's true the guy is lacking in speed & needs to develop a better swim move, but could the fact that he's still 20 years old mean he hasn't fully developed yet? Or is he just lacking in the athleticism he'd need to be a 10-sack guy in the NFL?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld:
Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore has already completed an in-house visit with the Ravens.
Moore will hopefully complete a healthy forty yard dash at the Cowboys' local pro day workout. The Aggie has experience as a pass rushing linebacker and down defensive end and wins with a solid motor to chase down ball carriers. He's admitted to a poor work ethic off the field, but Moore would be wise to maximize his hand use and length. Apr 4 - 12:21 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rotoworld:
Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore has already completed an in-house visit with the Ravens.
Moore will hopefully complete a healthy forty yard dash at the Cowboys' local pro day workout. The Aggie has experience as a pass rushing linebacker and down defensive end and wins with a solid motor to chase down ball carriers. He's admitted to a poor work ethic off the field, but Moore would be wise to maximize his hand use and length. Apr 4 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Ray. I never heard about that.

I kind of suspected he probably had a bad work eithic since he put up 12 rep's at the combine. That's really weak for being 250 pounds.

I really don't know what to make of that. On one hand, a guy with a poor work ethic isn't going to all-of-a-sudden turn into Jerry Rice when he gets a bunch of money. On the otehr hand, he's not gonna get anywhere near as much money as he would have in the 1st round, so being a 2nd round pick might motivate him to get that big 2nd contract. And it might also keep him out of trouble because less money usually means fewer ways to act like an idiot (which many NFL teams think he is).

If he's there at 61 though, I'd be very tempted to take him. I don't know that I'd trade up for him though (I would in the 3rd round though). I think he could get some snaps at both OLB and DE. He's atcually a lot better at stunts & the inside move than he is at running around the tackle. I think he actually has really good functional strength & balance (which is why he's good against the run). In other words, he could be what I was hoping John Abraham would be this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just have to say I almost wish the Niners needed a RT or a RG because DJ Fluker is a stud.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another random note:

I'm not buying the negative feedback on Corey Lemonier. I read someone saying he had trouble getting off of blocks. That's usually a technique problem. But he's extremely quick off the snap, and he moves his feet a lot quicker than some of the pther DEs ranked ahead of him.

Kipe didn't even have him ranked in the first 2 rounds. That's ridiculous IMO. The guy has first-round talent. He's still pretty raw, but he's also one of the youngest players in the draft.

I'm starting to think the Niners shouldn't pick until around 50 (keep trading down) because there are so many players around that area who could help out immensely.