• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Khaseem Greene - LB - Scarlet Knights

According to a list compiled by NJ.com reporter Jenny Vrentas, Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene and Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham have visited with the New York Giants.

Greene and Graham are two of many players that have visited with the Giants, according to the list. The list includes Alabama guard Chance Warmack, Rutgers running back Jawan Jamison and tight end D.C. Jefferson, and Stonybrook running back Miguel Maysonet.
Source: NJ.com

Apr 3 - 6:38 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

Sports Illustrated writer Don Banks reports FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine has met with the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens.

"The 6-foot-4, 276-pound Carradine is on the radar screen for teams in need of a speed rusher, with some liking his track record of creating pass pressure as a 4-3 end with his hand on the ground, and others projecting his best role as an edge rusher at outside linebacker in the 3-4," Banks writes. Carradine is coming back from a knee injury, so his April 20 pro day will be vital to his stock.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Apr 3 - 6:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Two more Browns draft targets
April, 4, 2013 10:18AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

Though it's pretty certain the Cleveland Browns won't be using the No. 6 overall pick on one of the top OT prospects in the draft, we haven't been able to rule them out for any of the other top players yet. The speculation continues during this phase of the process, when Cleveland -- like all other 31 teams -- schedules pre-draft visits to a number of those prospects, and we're left to wonder whether their interest is legitimate.

According to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (via the Akron Beacon Journal), the Browns are set to host BYU DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah and TE San Diego St. TE Gavin Escobar. Ansah is a possibility at No. 6 -- if he's still on the board and the Browns are, in fact, interested -- whereas Escobar is slated to be a second-day pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Buzz on Cincy's draft targets
April, 4, 2013 9:31AM ET

Though the Cincinnati Bengals have done fine work this offseason in re-signing their own free agents that helped secure them a second-straight playoff appearance in 2012, they've yet to cast out much of a net for outside talent to this point (despite a sizable chunk of space under the salary cap). It appears they'll wait to secure that talent through the draft, which isn't a bad idea considering that they've got three picks in the first two rounds thanks to the infamous Carson Palmer trade with Oakland.

Two players that appear to be at the forefront of their thoughts on the selection process are S Kenny Vaccaro and RB Giovani Bernard. Earlier this offseason, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer cited those two as potential targets with those early-round picks, and the scribe has been informed by sources that the Bengals are hosting Vaccaro and Bernard for pre-draft visits.

Vaccaro is off the board by the time the Bengals' first-round pick comes up in Todd McShay's latest two-round mock draft, so they go with CB Desmond Trufant instead (adding yet another first-round pick to their corps of CBs). In Round 2, they land S Matt Elam and RB Christine Michael. Here's McShay on the Trufant pick:

Todd McShay
McShay's two-round mock

"I thought long and hard about WR Keenan Allen here, but the Bengals feel good about Mohamed Sanu coming off injury and have a good slot receiver in Andrew Hawkins. Corner is a top need for Cincinnati on the other side of the ball, and now that Trufant has verified his top-end speed his suddenness, balance and closing burst give him the look of a very good man-cover corner at the next level. Scouts I've talked to are also impressed with his professional demeanor, and the bottom line is that teams can never have enough good cover guys in today's pass-happy NFL. Quarterback might be a wild-card option given the tendencies and pedigree of offensive coordinator Jay Gruden, who's always looking for ways to tweak his scheme, but in this scenario Trufant makes sense."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New buzz on Miami at No. 12
April, 4, 2013 8:50AM ET

Throughout the FA stage of this offseason, the Miami Dolphins have kept themselves at the forefront of discussion on a number of players, either signing them or being involved in the bidding. This wasn't a team that was in horrible shape based upon what we saw in 2012, but improvements were certainly needed at a variety of spots on the roster. As we head towards the draft at the end of this month, their first-round selection at No. 12 overall will continue to be a source of much speculation.

Prior to free agency, most mock drafts has the Dolphins going with a wide receiver in the first round (typically, either Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin); however, after re-signing Brian Hartline and adding Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and TE Dustin Keller, skilled pass-catchers for Ryan Tannehill seem to be in reasonably high supply.

Though the team signed Brent Grimes to a one-year pact, CB appears to still be a position of need, so grabbing Xavier Rhodes or Desmond Trufant there (or Dee Milliner if he falls) would appear to be a smart addition. Furthermore, the team lost Jake Long to free agency, and while Jonathan Martin can potentially slide over to LT, that would produce a vacancy on the right side; if any of the Top 3 OTs fall, they'd make a fine addition. Adding a pass-rusher would also make sense, as the team has been looking for a complement to Cameron Wake, and failed to land Osi Umenyiora or Elvis Dumervil, with John Abraham and Dwight Freeney remaining possibilities. This draft is deep with D-line talent, so there may well be a fine option for Miami when it's their turn to pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Jordan - LB - Ducks

Oregon OLB Dion Jordan is visiting the Jets on Thursday and Friday.

We doubt Jordan lasts until pick No. 9, but he would be a great pass rushing outside linebacker to pair with the young defensive front the Jets have built. We prefer the Oregon product as a strong side linebacker in a four man front, but feel comfortable he will only improve as a pass rusher.
Source: Brian Costello on Twitter

Apr 4 - 10:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Margus Hunt - DL - Mustangs

SMU DE Margus Hunt will visit the Jets this weekend.

We doubt Hunt is a target with pick No. 9, but anything can happen. Jets head coach Rex Ryan worked Hunt out as a pass rushing outside linebacker during the prospect's pro day, but most project him as an end in a three man front. We still question if Hunt can overcome leverage issues.
Source: Brian Costello on Twitter

Apr 4 - 10:26 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Tigers

Texans beat writer John McClain is "convinced" the team will take a WR int he first-round.

McClain recently mocked Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins to the Texans at pick No. 27. Fellow Houston sports staple Barry Warner says the Texans "won't take" a receiver int he first round, and instead will target an offensive lineman, inside linebacker, or pass rusher. So basically, no one knows what will happen.
Source: John McClain on Twitter

Apr 4 - 10:34 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Dial - DL - Crimson

Tide Alabama DL Quinton Dial is visiting the 49ers on Thursday.

Dial is also reportedly drawing interest from the Ravens. The Alabama product has experience in a variety of fronts, but he never stood out in any of them. We wouldn't expect anything more than a later third day selection. The visits could be medical related, since Dial underwent toe surgery in after the season.
Source: Scout.com

Apr 4 - 10:42 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

The Eagles have scheduled an in-house visit with Utah DL Star Lotulelei.

Despite the addition of Isaac Sopoaga in free agency, we think there is a strong chance Star is the pick at No. 4. Lotulelei has said he prefers playing nose tackle, but we think his skills can be used in a variety of ways in the Eagles new three man front. The visit will take place in the coming days.
Source: CSN Philly

Apr 4 - 11:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Landry Jones - QB - Sooners

ESPN's Mel Kiper considers Oklahoma QB Landry Jones a "draft riser."

"He's not in the first-round discussion, but Jones has recovered some in the eyes of a number of teams who once might have seen him as a talented lost cause," Kiper writes. "Once a likely mid-to-late rounder, I wouldn't be shocked if someone took him in the late second round." Our biggest issue with Jones is his ineffectiveness against pressure.
Source: ESPN

Apr 4 - 11:38 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes West Virginia QB Geno Smith will be a top five draft pick and "there isn't any doubt about it."

La Canfora wouldn't be surprised to see Geno go in the top three, "specifically, to Jacksonville second overall." He goes on to say that the flurry of veteran quarterback additions does not mean Geno has been devalued throughout the process. "So to posit that this kid (somehow) now is a question mark to go in the top 15 is beyond ridiculous." The Jaguars and Raiders are the two likeliest landing spots.
Source: CBS Sports

Apr 4 - 11:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyrann Mathieu - DB - Tigers

LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu is visiting the Bucs on Thursday.

Stephen Holder, who reported the visit, calls Mathieu an "intriguing prospect for many reasons." Obviously Mathieu has a knack for the football, but many will question where he projects to the NFL. The former LSU Tiger was successful as a corner, safety, and even weakside linebacker at times.
Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter

Apr 4 - 12:06 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damontre Moore - DL - Aggies

Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore has already completed an in-house visit with the Ravens.

Moore will hopefully complete a healthy forty yard dash at the Cowboys' local pro day workout. The Aggie has experience as a pass rushing linebacker and down defensive end and wins with a solid motor to chase down ball carriers. He's admitted to a poor work ethic off the field, but Moore would be wise to maximize his hand use and length.
Source: Baltimore Sun

Apr 4 - 12:21 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who are some of your favourie later-round players in the draft at this point? I'm talking late 4th & later.

Off the top of my head, my favourites are at this point:

Trevardo Williams, Marcus Lattmore, Greg Reid, Chris Gragg, Everett Dawkins [although it's a good idea to never draft an FSU guy named Everette. :)] Devin Taylor, Alvin Bailey, Kenny Stills, Joseph Fauria (6th-7th?), Jordan Poyer, Ryan Swope.

There were some others who have moved way up & are no longer 4th / 5th / 6th round prospects too.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who are some of your favourie later-round players in the draft at this point? I'm talking late 4th & later.

Off the top of my head, my favourites are at this point:

Trevardo Williams, Marcus Lattmore, Greg Reid, Chris Gragg, Everett Dawkins [although it's a good idea to never draft an FSU guy named Everette. :)] Devin Taylor, Alvin Bailey, Kenny Stills, Joseph Fauria (6th-7th?), Jordan Poyer, Ryan Swope.

There were some others who have moved way up & are no longer 4th / 5th / 6th round prospects too.

I've seen a bunch of love for Poyer the last month or so. Mostly in the 2nd round range. Is he only a 4th or later for you? I haven't seen him play more than a time or two.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft 6.0: 2013 NFL Draft 1st Round Mock

He has us trading our 1st, 2nd 2, and 1st 3 to the Chargers so we can move up to 11 to pick...wait for it...Kenny Vaccaro.

Wow. I've seen some horrible mocks but that is just ridiculous.

I don't have a problem trading up but if we are giving up that much, we better be getting an impact player on the DL, like Richardson before CAR gets him at 14, not a safety in a safety rich draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have a problem trading up but if we are giving up that much, we better be getting an impact player on the DL, like Richardson before CAR gets him at 14, not a safety in a safety rich draft.

neither do i and if they do this, i'd be hoping for a pass rusher. whether it is Mingo, Montgomery, or whomever else they're after?

following this, yeah i'd have to think DE next?

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without question. I have irrational Tavon Austin love too. I'm sure a lot of guys on this board wouldn't like the value of that but Richardson or Austin I would be interested in trading up for.