• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think that us using anything higher then a 4th rd pick on a backup QB is smart based on averages on returns.

Well, at least you're willing to put a number on it...

In the 4th round, I think the only decent QB option is going to be Landry Jones, and he might be gone by then. And Jones isn't even that good of a prospect; I'd actually prefer keeping Tolzien to drafting him in the 4th.

It's slim pickens at QB in this draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Just for the record (so we can go back and visit this) are you implying that you don't think Tyler Bray will be any good?

It wouldn't be the first QB about whom we vehemently disagreed (Bradford).

First, bray reminds me more of Jeff George then Andrew Luck...million dollar arm, ten cent head. I don't believe that simply being able to make all the NFL throws all of the sudden warrants a second rd pick. The guy is, according to multiple accounts I have read, immature and I'm not quite sure of his intelligence. Not sold on Bray as a successful QB in the league at ALL.

You're stating the reasons why he'll probably be a 2nd round pick instead of a top 5 pick. But I think a lot of that can be attributed to being 21 years old. A couple years under Harbaugh would change all that IMO.

It's not like he's out getting DUIs or failing drug tests.

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think taking a QB before the our 5th would be a mistake. And I'm not sure who'd be there then. Most of you guys know more of the deep QB prospects than I do. If one drops unexpectedly I'd prefer to see if a QB needy team would be willing to trade up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think taking a QB before the our 5th would be a mistake.

If that's the case, then you should probably be content to settle for Tolzien, because there isn't going to be a QB who's going to out-play Tolzien in the 5th round.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record (so we can go back and visit this) are you implying that you don't think Tyler Bray will be any good?

It wouldn't be the first QB about whom we vehemently disagreed (Bradford).

You're stating the reasons why he'll probably be a 2nd round pick instead of a top 5 pick. But I think a lot of that can be attributed to being 21 years old. A couple years under Harbaugh would change all that IMO.

It's not like he's out getting DUIs or failing drug tests.

No, I'm saying that no one in their right mind would give up a 1st rounder for someone without NFL experience. As Imac was saying.

You are right it isn't the only QB that we disagreed on, Aaron Rodgers, as I was the only person on the ESPN board that backed him. If we are looking back and all...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You are right it isn't the only QB that we disagreed on, Aaron Rodgers, as I was the only person on the ESPN board that backed him. If we are looking back and all...

Are you just making things up now? I always thought Rodgers was a good QB. I liked him more than Alex Smith even on draft day (didn't like Alex 'cause he had to throw all his weight behind his throws to get any velocity). I didn't think Rodgers would be as good as he became, but I don't remember anyone giving him THAT high of praise.
What your prediction on Bray?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 or 3 names?

Question for everyone with strong draft opinions:

Based on where most people are projecting them now, what are 2 or 3 names you'll be screaming on draft day? Maybe you love a guy in the 5th or want the team to trade up to 15? Doesn't matter. No explanation needed; just throw some names out there. Mine won't be any surprise.

Bray - 2nd-3rd
Hankins - 2nd
Trevardo Williams - 4th - 5th

There are some players who we have no shot in landing and/or either we have no desire to draft them because we don't need them since we are stable at that particular position in which they play. Therefore I am excluding them from this list which are:

Geno, Jockel, Fisher, Star, Milliner, Johnson, Jordan, Ansah, Warmack, Floyd. Is it safe to assume at this point that those guys are going in the top 15?

Now, my following list consist of men who I think have a chance to fall our of the top 15 in which I would scream to get if we had the capability to get to pick #16 or close to that range:

Austin, Patterson, Werner, Xavier Rhodes, Sheldon Richardson, Mingo, Hankins, Jones (I don't like his speed, and that's one of the issues we had with our OLBs in the SB in trying to chase Flacco). But he knows how to get to the QB.

I wouldn't trade up for him, but if Cooper were to last until pick 31, I would play my hand by letting the situation play itself out and by drafting him because at that point clearly he would considered to be the BPA. Groom him to play center - would eventually be an upgrade over Goodwin. Trufant too - I wouldn't trade up for him, but at 31 I would scream to get him.

Now in rounds two, guys I would scream for
Amerson, Eifert, Moore, D. Jones, Slay, Short, Okafor, and several corners.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, then you should probably be content to settle for Tolzien, because there isn't going to be a QB who's going to out-play Tolzien in the 5th round.

I'm as content as I can be given how little we've seen of him play. We have an opportunity to restock DB, DL, WR, TE, Pass Rushing OLB, and possibly RB. I'd prefer to fill those holes before I spend a high or mid-round pick on a backup QB. Just my opinion.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pass rushing 34DE
1 pass rushing 34OLB
1 ball hawking FS

I'm not asking for much. :)

Our NT plays 30% of the time. Ertz isn't a game changing TE.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just making things up now? I always thought Rodgers was a good QB. I liked him more than Alex Smith even on draft day (didn't like Alex 'cause he had to throw all his weight behind his throws to get any velocity). I didn't think Rodgers would be as good as he became, but I don't remember anyone giving him THAT high of praise.
What your prediction on Bray?

I was on my own against all of the reguars on the board in 2005. I really wish someone could go back and retrieve those old posts on there as proof.

My prediction on Bray is that if he reaches his absolute best he could be a Drew Bledsoe, if he reaches his worse he is Jim Drukenmiller. Do I think he will be a great QB? I'm not sure, it depends on what team he goes to. If he goes to a team like the Browns who covert a QB with a big arm, then he will be successful, if he goes to a team that perfers short or horizontal passing game I think he'll struggle. Just depends on where he is drafted, this isn't madden you can't just plug anyone anywhere.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority but I would be livid if those were our first two picks.

I would be absolutely pissed if that is how we spent our first two picks. We don't trade up even though Trufant gets picked on slot ahead of us? Instead we take a back up TE that we probably could have gotten in the 2nd. Then in the 2nd we leave Reid on the board to take a DT who is likely going to play 10% of the snaps this year and at most 30% next year, in an offseason in which we have already filled the position. Makes no sense.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pass rushing 34DE
1 pass rushing 34OLB
1 ball hawking FS

I would lose my shit...and not in a good way...if the draft were to go the way that mock says it would. ANY TE in the first 4 rounds is a wasted pick IMO. I agree with Ray on how the draft should go as well as addressing CB.

S Reid
OLB/DE Corradine
CB Slay

Based on what was available to us with this draft.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pass rushing 34DE
1 pass rushing 34OLB
1 ball hawking FS

Who are you rooting for in those slots?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Justin Hunter, John Jenkins, and Margus Hunt in that scenario. I don't expect it to play out that beautifully, though. I could live with Brandon Williams or Eric Reid as well.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've subtly been trying to inspire others to start making an annual first-round bust pick as well (to no avail). :redface:

Kenny Vaccaro is my bust perdition... In-stinks will be exposed on the next level and will get caught underneath.