• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, having Hankins over Floyd isn't a knock on Floyd; it's just some serious man-love for Hankins. This is the best DT class since 2001. If Louis Nix entered, like I was hoping he would, it might've pushed for best DT class of all time.

...although 2011 was pretty great too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So draftcountdown has:

2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Tank Carradine going 49th. I would lose my voice screaming for him the whole day if that were the case. Justin Hunter at 50 is obscene value too.

Cyprien at 58 would be great. Not sure I'd like John Jenkins over Eric Reid, but I could live with that pick. Jenkins has serious potential.

Amerson at 63 would be good value too. Short at 52? Some 4-3 teams would be VERY lucky to get him there.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alec Ogletree - LB - Bulldogs

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Jeff Schultz reports "at least" 10 teams have had visits or private workouts with Georgia LB Alec Ogletree.

"At least 10 teams already have private workouts or visits set up with Ogletree, including the Falcons. Others: New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Buffalo," Schultz writes. The news comes as no surprise, as teams want to figure out Ogletree's character issues. He also has an abundance of talent, offering the range that teams are looking for at the position.
Source: Atlanta-Journal Constitution

Mar 25 - 8:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine visited the Eagles on Monday.

We wouldn't expect the Eagles to target Carradine at No. 4, but if fully healthy the outstanding pass rusher might have been projected in that area. We consider him a top 12 talent in this years class and a superior prospect to Bjoern Werner, so expect Carradine to be a first-round pick. He will hold a personal pro day on April 20.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Mar 26 - 9:02 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin was invited to the NFL Draft.

"I just received a call the other day that I made it to the NFL Draft in New York," Austin said. "That was the biggest surprise of all. I didn't make my decision final yet," Austin said with regards to accepting the invitation to attend the draft. "There are a couple of events planned for us and hopefully I get my name called on the first day." The news indicates the league expects Austin to be a first round selection.
Source: West Virginia Ilustrated

Mar 25 - 8:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This man right here is one of my favorite analysts. His sense of humor, knowledge of the game, relationship he has with front office personnel around the league, etc. Oh yeah, I give him a B+ for this mock. There are some picks I don't agree with (for instance Austin to Steelers); but I could see some curveballs taking place on draft day in which he tries to illustrate in his draft (i.e. Mingo to Cards, Eifert to 9ers, and Woods to Houston, etc.). BTW, I would would not like Eifert to 9ers, only because we already have an elite starting TE on our roster in Davis. Eifert has all the tools to be a probowler in the league, but I'd much rather target some like Escobar with our 2nd second round pick as opposed to use our first on Eifert. Most importantly, we all expect to see tons of trades on draft day at least six of them taking place in the first round. Which is why I don't see anyone creating anything remotely close to having an accurate mock, but nonetheless, it is a fun thing to look at and analyze.

2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Five wide receivers in Round 1

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arizona pondering a QB in the draft?
March, 26, 2013 9:04AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

On Monday afternoon, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that it was now "highly unlikely" that Carson Palmer would restructure his contract. This means that the Oakland Raiders must either agree to pay him at his current contracted rate or release him. We considered the effects of Palmer's potential release, which included his potentially winding up with the Arizona Cardinals. But Palmer isn't the only outside QB on which the club has their eye right now.

Schefter reports that Cardinals GM Steve Keim and assistant coach Tom Moore made the trek to Raleigh, N.C., to conduct a workout with QB prospect Mike Glennon.

Previously, the prevailing consensus had been that the Cards would not be using their first-round selection (No. 7 overall) on a QB, and this belief was strengthened with HC Bruce Arians' comments regarding his comfort in heading into the season with Drew Stanton as his starter. However, if Glennon (or one of the other top QB prospects in this year's class) is still on the board for their second-rounder (No. 38 overall), the Cards may go for it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should the Jets draft Mingo?
March, 26, 2013 8:44AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

The New York Jets hired a new GM this offseason with a goal in mind of rebuilding the franchise into a contender once again. The process thus far has included severing ties with a number of long-time Jets, and may also include dealing their best player, CB Darrelle Revis, for high draft picks (either in 2013 or 2014). At the very least, the Jets are in possession of the No. 9 overall pick in this year's draft, and there have been a number of different players linked to them at that spot.

In his first mock draft of the season, ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini ran through the Top 9 picks (up to and including the Jets'), and he elected to go pass-rusher with the pick, sending them LSU's Barkevious Mingo. Here's his rationale:

Rich Cimini
Mock Draft V1.0

"Readers may recall that I questioned the Mingo pick in the most recent mock drafts of Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, based mostly on the belief that Mingo (6-foot-4, 241 pounds) is undersized for an every-down linebacker in Rex Ryan's system. But I was talking to an opposing team's scout last week who reminded me the Jets were very high last year on Bruce Irvin, who was listed only 6-foot-3, 245 pounds at the time of the draft. Mingo has been compared to Irvin, who was picked by the Seahawks, John Idzik's previous team. So there you go."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

Draft insider Tony Pauline believes West Virginia's Geno Smith is the top rated QB in this class, "bar none."

"He offers a terrific combination of athletic ability and experience at the quarterback position," Pauline writes. "Smith has the arm strength to make all the NFL passes, the foot speed to elude defenders and make the throw on the move and, for the most part, accurately delivers the ball." He adds that Smith's field vision and decision making are his biggest flaws.
Source: Philadelphia Eagles

Mar 26 - 10:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giovani Bernard - RB - Tar Heels

The Dolphins are "showing considerable interest" in UNC RB Gio Bernard, according to beat writer Barry Jackson.

Bernard is from Florida and spent five hours at the Dolphins' headquarters last Thursday. Jackson calls Bernard an option at picks No. 42 and 54. The team is expected to feature Lamar Miller as their top rusher, but need a third down or passing down back, and Bernard has experience in that area.
Source: Miami Herald

Mar 26 - 9:50 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Malliciah Goodman - DE - Tigers

Clemson DE Malliciah Goodman has visits lined up with the Falcons and Steelers.

Goodman isn't exceptionally quick off the snap, but his massive length (36 inch arms) stand out among all other pass rushers. He flashed brilliance when using that length to press and create separation, but was shut down when locked up close to his opponent's frame. The Steeler connection is a bit confusing, since we struggle to see him rushing from a two point stance.

Mar 26 - 9:40 AM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MoveTheSticks:
SF is in a perfect position to acquire a future 1st RD pick. They own picks 31 & 34... Prime position for teams looking for a QB

I can dig it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnthan Banks - DB - Bulldogs

Mississippi State's Johnthan Banks did not make SI NFL writer Chris Burke's top five players at the position.

Burke lists Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes as the top two corners, followed by Desmond Trufant, Jamar Taylor, and Jordan Poyer. In fact, Burke notes that Banks is the prospect "falling" at the position. "You can make an argument that he’s actually the second best Mississippi State CB available, behind Darius Slay," Burke writes. "Both are very talented defensive backs, but Slay has done more since the end of the season."
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 26 - 12:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vance McDonald - TE - Owls

NFL Network's Brian Billick compared Rice TE Vance McDonald to Dustin Keller.

"Similar build (and) athlete but inconsistent hands catcher," Billick tweeted. McDonald certainly does drop on target throws at times, but perhaps his biggest projection is the move to an inline alignment. He was a physical presence as a big slot receiver, but blocking longer and stronger defensive linemen might be more of a challenge.
Source: Brian Billick on Twitter

Mar 26 - 1:08 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine visited the Eagles on Monday.

We wouldn't expect the Eagles to target Carradine at No. 4, but if fully healthy the outstanding pass rusher might have been projected in that area. We consider him a top 12 talent in this years class and a superior prospect to Bjoern Werner, so expect Carradine to be a first-round pick. He will hold a personal pro day on April 20.

Mar 26 - 9:02 AM

:mad2:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFP Mock Draft - Version 9.0 | National Football Post

31. San Francisco 49ers: Johnthan Cyprien, SAF, Florida International, Senior: After losing Dashon Goldson in free agency the 49ers need to upgrade at safety and Cyprien fits the bill. While Kenny Vaccaro is the top safety in the Draft, Cyprien is not far behind him as he excels in run support and coverage also.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

31. San Francisco 49ers: Johnthan Cyprien, SAF, Florida International, Senior: After losing Dashon Goldson in free agency the 49ers need to upgrade at safety and Cyprien fits the bill. While Kenny Vaccaro is the top safety in the Draft, Cyprien is not far behind him as he excels in run support and coverage also.

The guy who made this mock is clearly a Patriots' fan. Jarvis Jones at 29.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cyprien is my favorite safety prospect in the draft, so I don't hate this.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That was the 2nd mock in a row that had Jonathan Cooper either 24th or later. I don't buy Jarvis Jones at 29 for a second, but Cooper in the 20's would be a steal. Keeps the most important part of the team (the OL) not only the best unit in the NFL, but it makes it even better. That would be an excellent option for a trade up. Same with Warmack at 20.

I used to want a trade down when Carradine was thought of as a pick in the 50's, but people have come to their senses.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The more I think about Margus Hunt the less I like him at the 5. He's a 4-3 LDE IMO. And I don't think he'll be all that good of one. I see him getting pushed way off the ball at the 5. He's too lanky. He's not like Calais Campbell (whom I loved) who had a big, thick base. He's lanky.

No lanky players in this draft! That means no Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan or Margus Hunt.