• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'd like for us to trade the Chiefs 2nd rounder for a future 1st and this year's 3rd rounder. There is so much value to be had in the late 2nd and early 3rd in this draft.
Also, I'd trade every single non-comp pick from the 4th-7th for future picks a round up. We don't have a whole lot of spots on our roster...would love to not waste these picks but rather improve their value for next year.

I am with you in this thinking. I want to trade out of the 1st for a 1st next year and a 3rd/4th this year. Stay at 34 & 63 use two 3rds to get to the middle of 2nd and use our 4th and Indys 5th to get to the top of 4th
So our first 5 picks would look like this 34, 45, 63, 66, & 111

* In this secnerio we traded our 1 for Oakland's 1st & 4th next year 3rd this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wanted to throw out a comparison of players who will probably be drafted very far apart but have very similar things to offer an NFL team. There are 4 or 5 players in this draft who just stand out far above anyone else in the draft (Jarvis Jones, Warmack & Cooper, Eifert, Milliner). They shoud all be very high picks. But in the midst of these picks, I think there are players who will be taken really high who have counterparts lower rounds who have something very similar to offer IMO.

Mingo / Jordan. Both explosive-first-step kinds of guys with good length. Neither had great sack numbers this year.

Enter Corey Lemonier. Great first step / explosive power. Better size. Low sack numbers this year. Probably has better raw power. A year / 1.5 years younger than them respectively.

Conclusion: It would be a waste to draft either one of these guys in the top 10-15 when Lemonier will be sitting there in round 2. Jordan has the potential to get a lot biger with his frame, but he's alreadt 23. I don't know how much bigger he's gonna get naturally.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note on Mingo: He weighed in at 237 pounds at his pro' day. 4 pounds lighter than his combine weight. At 6'4, that's pretty light. That's a big reason why he's my bust pick as long as Barkley isn't a 1st-rounder.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that Tank Carradine is not going to be on the board when the Niners pick. :( I just hope the Giants don't draft him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Random note on Mingo: He weighed in at 237 pounds at his pro' day. 4 pounds lighter than his combine weight. At 6'4, that's pretty light. That's a big reason why he's my bust pick as long as Barkley isn't a 1st-rounder.

He weighed almost the same size as Von Miller who has no trouble getting to the QB in the league nor does he have any problems playing stout against the run. Mingo will be alright!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to throw out a comparison of players who will probably be drafted very far apart but have very similar things to offer an NFL team. There are 4 or 5 players in this draft who just stand out far above anyone else in the draft (Jarvis Jones, Warmack & Cooper, Eifert, Milliner). They shoud all be very high picks. But in the midst of these picks, I think there are players who will be taken really high who have counterparts lower rounds who have something very similar to offer IMO.

Mingo / Jordan. Both explosive-first-step kinds of guys with good length. Neither had great sack numbers this year.

Enter Corey Lemonier. Great first step / explosive power. Better size. Low sack numbers this year. Probably has better raw power. A year / 1.5 years younger than them respectively.

Conclusion: It would be a waste to draft either one of these guys in the top 10-15 when Lemonier will be sitting there in round 2. Jordan has the potential to get a lot biger with his frame, but he's alreadt 23. I don't know how much bigger he's gonna get naturally.

The thing you fail to mention about Jordan is that he has VERY fluid hips because he used to play WR and TE. He is 100X better in coverage than either of these other two. I doubt either of them will ever be as good in coverage as Jordan is now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He weighed almost the same size as Von Miller who has no trouble getting to the QB in the league nor does he have any problems playing stout against the run. Mingo will be alright!

Funny you should mention Von because he plays OLB in a 4-3, which is where I think Mingo belongs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The thing you fail to mention about Jordan is that he has VERY fluid hips because he used to play WR and TE. He is 100X better in coverage than either of these other two. I doubt either of them will ever be as good in coverage as Jordan is now.

You're right about Jordan's hips & coverage ability. However, I don't recall ever noticing Lemonier dropping back into coverage, so I guess that aspect of his game could be a weakness. I don't know.

I like Lemonier a lot, but there are other guys I like more to fill the role of a rotational OLB / DE (like Abraham for one).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how for about a month now I have been saying Mingo compares favorably to Bruce Irvin (had he been there at pick #30 last year I would have been happy with him being that selection as opposed to the AJ pick we made):

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Where Each Team Will Go with First-Round Pick | Bleacher Report

I think Mingo will have to be used like Irvin next year because of him not being very good in the run game. Mingo has the quickest jump off the snap I think I've ever seen though.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Funny how for about a month now I have been saying Mingo compares favorably to Bruce Irvin (had he been there at pick #30 last year I would have been happy with him being that selection as opposed to the AJ pick we made):

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Where Each Team Will Go with First-Round Pick | Bleacher Report

You could be right about Mingo because he's so quick. I just question his core strength, which is why, out of the players I think will go in round 1, Mingo has the best chance of busting IMO (so far).

For some reason, Tyler Eifert has been losing steam lately. A month ago, I figured he'd be a top 20 pick. If he's there at 31, I would love if the Niners drafted him. Here's a video of his pro' day. He's 250, but he still looks like he has room to grow naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also, Margus Hunt's name has made its way into some first round mocks lately. Most people are starting to like him more; I'm starting to like him less.

...Glad to see Eddie Lacy's name in the 1st in that bleacher report mock (although I'm not glad to see him mocked to Green Bay; that would be a perfect pick for them). I don't want him on the board when the Niners pick because it would be a shame to pass on him, but the Niners don't need a RB that badly.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mingo has the best chance of busting. I think Vaccaro has a higher chance to bust at S, I think Sharrif Floyd has a higher chance, also Bjoern Werner and Demontre Moore.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Vaccaro is a close 2nd IMO. But he plays an easier poisition that can thrive on the play of the front 7 IMO, so Mingo is still my 1 seed for the 2013 NinerSickness bust pick. This is gonna be a tough year to pick one (it's been that way for a while now; GMs are getting better at this).

Still holding out hope Barkley sneaks into the 1st round do I can pick him, but don't tell Bingo. :)

I could see Werner underwhelming people, but his floor is really high IMO. I think you're at least gonna get a good starter out of the guy. I think he's a similar pretty prospect to Anthony Spencer. Maybe not quite as good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Margus Hunt, I'm a little annoyed the guy isn't a TE. That just seems like the perfect position for him. He'd be able to use that 2nd gear more than at DE; he's a skyscraper; he has perfect size & upper body strength for it; he has an amazing vertical for his size...

I know it takes more than that to play TE (good hips, coordination, intelligence, etc). But I think the dude could've been a beast there.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Margus Hunt, I'm a little annoyed the guy isn't a TE. That just seems like the perfect position for him. He'd be able to use that 2nd gear more than at DE; he's a skyscraper; he has perfect size & upper body strength for it; he has an amazing vertical for his size...

I know it takes more than that to play TE (good hips, coordination, intelligence, etc). But I think the dude could've been a beast there.

He'd suck at TE!!

Margus Hunt - DL - Mustangs

SMU DE Margus Hunt moved up 10 to spots to No. 30 overall on former NFL scout Bucky Brooks' big board.

Numerous NFL insiders have deemed Hunt a first-round selection. We think the raw tools and athleticism are there, but there could be major issues with Hunt's leverage and stiff hips. If the first-round chatter is true, expect it to happen in the later part of the first day.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 31 - 2:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Buffalo would be a good fit for him:

Matt Barkley - QB - Trojans

USC QB Matt Barkley will work out for the Bills on Monday.

Wide receiver Robert Woods will also be a part of the workout. "Barkley will be the fifth quarterback Buffalo has privately worked out in the past two weeks," ESPN's James Walker writes. "The Bills also held workouts with West Virginia's Geno Smith, Florida State's EJ Manuel, Oklahoma's Landry Jones and Tennessee's Tyler Bray."
Source:
ESPN

Mar 31 - 12:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would draft this guy with one of our 7th round pick. Then put him on the practice squad:

Seantrel Henderson - T - Hurricanes

The NFL Draft Advisory Board advised Miami senior OT Seantrel Henderson that he would not be selected in the top three rounds had he declared for the 2013 NFL draft.

It's not surprising. Henderson was the No. 1 recruit in the nation out of high school, but his on-field performance has been maddeningly inconsistent and he has off-field concerns. "I’ve matured a lot," Henderson insisted. "In the past, I made a couple decisions that might have caused me to be in the doghouse from [Al] Golden. Now, I’ve been top of everything, watching film more, doing everything right academically. I’ve been better on the field and off."
Source: Miami Herald

Mar 31 - 1:02 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkevious Mingo - DL - Tigers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that his biggest concern with LSU pass rusher Barkevious Mingo is his lack of "growth potential."

Mingo is "very lean muscled, (and) won't get much bigger," according to Brugler. He then cited Mingo's less aggressive pass rushing angles this season as reason for a dip in production, specifically coaching that asked Mingo to contain the edge. He has tremendous upside as a pass rushing linebacker next to a three man front.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Mar 30 - 12:23 PM