• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Reid is highly overrated on this board too:

Eric Reid - S - Tigers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler tweeted that the more he watches LSU S Eric Reid, the less he likes.

Reid has a great frame and athleticism for the position, but he hasn't put it all together in a consistent package. NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah recently stated that he wouldn't be surprised to see Reid in the first-round, but that was likely based on upside rather than current skill.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Mar 30 - 11:54 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Tigers

Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins did not make ESPN's Mel Kiper's top five players at the position.

Kiper's rankings at the position go as follows: Tavon Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, and Quinton Patton. We think Hopkins has an excellent shot at being a first-round pick due to his consistency and strong hands at the catch point. His unassuming style is similar to Roddy White's.
Source: ESPN

Mar 31 - 11:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope that this is true. The more O-linemen that goes in the first round (especially at the T position), the better chance we have someone from another position of need fall to us. And if Watson so happens to fall out of the first round, I am certain some team would contact us inquiring a trade (#34) for a future first round pick. That would be sweet!! BTW, I like hearing news from Schefter, he tends to be more accurate with his info in comparison to another folks I have followed over the years.

Menelik Watson - T - Seminoles

Florida State T Menelik Watson has "gotten a ton of attention since his pro day," according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Watson "now looks like he's going to be a first-round pick," per Schefter. "Some team is going to see Watson and the potential he has displayed and pounce on him." We think Watson posture, balance, and hand placement is far too inconsistent to be a first-round pick, but a team might project his athleticism to the left tackle spot.

Mar 31 - 12:29 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hate to admit it, but Kiper may be on to something here. Hmmmm. Would have to see more of Pugh to by into that thinking:

Justin Pugh - T - Orange

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper lists Syracuse's Justin Pugh as his top C.
This is the first time we've seen Pugh, a left tackle at Syracuse, listed at C. Many question if he can stay at that spot due to short arms, but there have been plenty of blindise protectors who have had success despite that negative. He'd definitely be a tall anchor on the interior, standing 6'5".

Mar 31 - 11:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie Lacy - RB - Crimson

Tide Draft insider Tony Pauline notes that the frustration with Alabama RB Eddie Lacy's injury "is beginning to boil over."

"Scouts are questioning whether Lacy is too injured to run or just too slow," Pauline writes. Lacy missed the Combine and Alabama's Pro Day, scheduling a personal workout for April 11. We should start to hear more about his projection after that date.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 1 - 11:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DBs on Redskins' draft radar
April, 1, 2013 12:33PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins don't have a first-round pick this offseason thanks to their trade to acquire the No. 2 pick last offseason (which they used on Robert Griffin III), and based upon what's transpired in free agency in recent weeks, it appears that they're still going to need some help in the secondary. The top players at safety and cornerback are likely to be long-gone by the time the Redskins make their first pick (No. 51 overall), but that doesn't mean the cupboard will be entirely bare when it's time for them to take their turn.

And so, as Mike Jones of the Washington Post reports, Washington has been scouting some players at those positions that are projected to be second- and third-day selections. Amongst the players on their list, Jones has learned, are Miami CB Brandon McGee and Nevada S Duke Williams. Both are projected to be mid-round selections.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Trojans

SI's Peter King considers the Cardinals out of the "first-round quarterback market."

The Cardinals were never likely to take a signal caller on day one in the first place, but acquiring Carson Palmer appears increasingly inevitable. It would leave one less team willing to overdraft Matt Barkley, who could fall to the bottom third of the first round.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Apr 1 - 9:14 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Jordan - LB - Ducks

An NFL Exec texted The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein that he should rank Oregon OLB Dion Jordan over BYU DL Ezekiel Ansah.

"You should have Dion Jordan #1 on your list," the exec said. "Definitely better than Ansah." Zierlein has Ansah at No. 2 overall and Jordan at No. 3, so the difference is very small. We love both prospects, however, they will impact the NFL in very different ways.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Apr 1 - 12:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bummer, there goes my sleeper pick:

Robert Alford - DB - Lions

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is hearing a "ton of buzz" around SE Louisiana CB Robert Alford.

"Raw, sick athlete," Rapoport tweeted and went on to note that the corner has 8-10 visits scheduled and might be a first- or second-round selection. We've loved Alford's tools, specifically his closing speed, but the small school cover man's former defensive coordinator noted he is a "long way away mentally."
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 1 - 3:27 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You mean if he converted to TE or even if he played TE from the get-go?

Even if he played TE from the get-go. Look at the video you posted of Eifert (pro day). There was a play, during the final part of that film, that showed him run an in route, than reversed his hips to turn that route into an out-route. That's something Hunt could never have done because of his awkward running style. Dude is explosive but very stiff around the hips.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player

The Florida Times Union expects the Jaguars to target a defensive lineman with the No. 2 overall pick.

Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell, who learned under needs-drafter Thomas Dimitroff in Atlanta, "likes to draft for need" and Jacksonville has huge needs on the D-Line. (They have huge needs everywhere but receiver and left tackle, to be realistic.) The Times Union's Vito Stellino believes "it would seem to be a reach" for the Jaguars to consider West Virginia's Geno Smith at the second pick.
Source: Florida Times Union

Apr 1 - 3:05 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Player

Two league personnel men told NFL.com's Albert Breer that USC QB Matt Barkley did not hurt himself by staying in school for his senior year.

Popular opinion insists Barkley would've been a top-five or ten pick after a better junior year, and his stock was hurt by returning for a more error-filled senior campaign. "I don't think Barkley really hurt himself," said one AFC scouting director. "He was the same guy last year. He didn't start falling in October, no matter where he was on everyone's 'big board' in December. I looked at Barkley (after his junior year), and I thought he was a backup quarterback. And it was the same thing this year." Added a second college scouting director, "Based on his junior tape, he was a second-rounder for us. That's his talent. Coming back, you could argue that, with less quarterbacks this year, he should've rose to the top."
Source: NFL.com

Apr 1 - 3:20 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Even if he played TE from the get-go. Look at the video you posted of Eifert (pro day). There was a play, during the final part of that film, that showed him run an in route, than reversed his hips to turn that route into an out-route. That's something Hunt could never have done because of his awkward running style. Dude is explosive but very stiff around the hips.

Vernon Davis is pretty stiff too.

His explosive power could've made him a great in-line blocker, which is what teh Niners could use from a #2 TE. But this is all just hypothetical because he would need a TON of work to learn the position. Being strong doesn't make you a good blocker. Justin Smith lined up on offense to block one time, and it was pretty pathetic.

In a way I'm glad Hunt's stock is rising because he might push another player down, but in another way I'm nervous about it because I don't want the Niners to think he's the BVA at 31. That would be a terrible pick IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis is pretty stiff too.

His explosive power could've made him a great in-line blocker, which is what teh Niners could use from a #2 TE. But this is all just hypothetical because he would need a TON of work to learn the position. Being strong doesn't make you a good blocker. Justin Smith lined up on offense to block one time, and it was pretty pathetic.

In a way I'm glad Hunt's stock is rising because he might push another player down, but in another way I'm nervous about it because I don't want the Niners to think he's the BVA at 31. That would be a terrible pick IMO.

He's not that stiff. He ran a 4.3 forty. So even if he was "that" stiff, being that fast for a freaking TE compensates for his perceived lack of agility agility or stiffness.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin to Pittsburgh?
April, 1, 2013 2:57PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

It might be somewhat jarring to some -- given the long-standing rivalry between West Virginia and the University of Pittsburgh -- but WVU standout WR Tavon Austin could wind up as the Pittsburgh Steelers' first-round pick in this month's draft.

Dustin Hockensmith of the Patriot-News admits that the Steelers have a number of directions in which they could go with their top pick, but he notes that Austin may be the top pure playmaker in this year's draft class. Given that Pittsburgh has already lost Mike Wallace at WR, and may lose fellow wideout Emmanuel Sanders if another team signs him to a successful offer sheet, they'll need some help both in the receiving corps and in the return game.

In Todd McShay's most recent mock draft, Austin had already been selected by the time the Steelers were on the clock (he went 13th overall to Tampa Bay). However, there was a top defensive prospect available to help make up for the loss of James Harrison, Georgia's Jarvis Jones:

Todd McShay
McShay's two-round mock

"Jones is pretty much the anti-Mike Mamula, in that Jones is a player who brings exceptional college production to the table but put up only marginal workout results. There are also durability concerns stemming from a spinal stenosis diagnosis that ended Jones' career at USC. However, his best fit is as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme like Pittsburgh's, one that has excelled with smaller, more explosive linebackers on the edge. He has some stiffness and doesn't turn and run well in coverage, but Jones would find a nice home here in a system that would let him get after the passer and not stretch his limitations in other areas."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout.com's Current Mock

Sure some people here would like if this happened. Also, no Geno anywhere. Not sure if that invalidates it, or validates it. I know the QB outlook isn't good for the first round.