• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did. If he's the #1 pick overall, I may have to start doubting myself. But I still think he's too lanky.

This is what we mean. A guy puts together some good numbers and you become heartstruck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You putting heavy emphasis on the "combine" (numbers)

People should put a heavy emphasis on combine numbers. It's the only place where you get to see how they measure up without other variables. A guy might look extremely fast on tape, but it might be because the guys chasing him were really slow. Surfaces change, etc. The combine lets you see how they measure up on a level playing field.

But I think you misunderstood about Mingo. He had an excellent combine, but I think he's overrated. However, it would be hard to argue with a team that takes him #1 overall.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adam Caplan:

49ers are working out former U of Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg, who had a solid combine workout overall.

I know workouts don't necessarily mean a lot, but this is just too weird/cool for me personally. I graduated from high school with Matt (or "Furt", as he was affectionately known then). Went to a big public school in NJ, and the team won the Group IV State Championship our senior year. He was a big reason. He had to do a year at a prep school before going to UMD. He's always been very athletic, despite the struggles of Maryland football as of late. But yeah, this would be cool. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

49ers are working out former U of Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg, who had a solid combine workout overall.

I know workouts don't necessarily mean a lot, but this is just too weird/cool for me personally. I graduated from high school with Matt (or "Furt", as he was affectionately known then). Went to a big public school in NJ, and the team won the Group IV State Championship our senior year. He was a big reason. He had to do a year at a prep school before going to UMD. He's always been very athletic, despite the struggles of Maryland football as of late. But yeah, this would be cool. That's all.

Matt Furstenburg - TE - Terrapins

Maryland move TE Matt Furstenburg is working out for the 49ers.

Furstenburg projects into Delanie Walker's move tight end/H-back role. The senior suffered from very poor quarterback play in 2012, but he put forth a solid Combine workout and could be drafted based on that upside.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Apr 2 - 12:28 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Bulldogs

Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones is visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Steelers certainly need a pass rusher to fill in for the departed James Harrison, and Jones was an ultra productive college player with a experience as a stand up linebacker. Each team will have their own medicals on Jones, but beyond that he might lack the frame and athleticism to develop into more than a motor rusher with leverage.
Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

Apr 2 - 12:05 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Travis Frederick - C - Badgers

Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick will visit the Cowboys.

Frederick played center and guard throughout his collegiate career, and the Cowboys could use an upgrade at each. We expect him to be a second day selection, along with a plethora of offensive linemen the team has been showing interest in.
Source: Mike Fisher on Twitter

Apr 2 - 11:14 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Pugh - T - Orange

Syracuse OL Justin Pugh will visit the Dallas Cowboys.

Pugh joins a growing list of offensive linemen who will visit the Cowboys, all of them projecting along the interior. Pugh played left tackle at Syracuse but many have started to rank him inside, either at guard or center, possibly due to short arms and agile feet.
Source: Mike Fisher on twitter

Apr 2 - 10:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oscar Johnson - G - Bulldogs

Louisiana Tech OL Oscar Johnson is a priority free agent talent, according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

Johnson played tackle in college but projects as a guard. Weidl believes he is "not a throw away," but "needs work but has short-area quicks and natural inline power." We think there is a shot he is selected in the sixth- or seventh-round.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Apr 2 - 10:32 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman tweeted that the "work ethic knock" on West Virginia QB Geno Smith is "total BS."

"He spent more hours in WVU (football building) after midnight than the custodial crew," Feldman added. This comes a day after Geno's work habits and leadership abilities were severely questioned by Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki. We've only read positive things about Geno's off-field study habits.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Apr 2 - 10:00 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Panthers need to do everything they can to land him:

Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes the Chiefs need to seriously consider adding Utah DL Star Lotulelei with the No. 1 pick.

"Star/Poe inside (with) Houston and Hali on edges, now you're talking about a young and special front line," Weidl tweeted. He then went on to call Star the "Top (defensive) prospect in my mind. Not as fluid as Ngata but similar in terms of strength/power and POA skills." If you buy into draft buzz, it appears the Chiefs are set on taking a left tackle.

Apr 2 - 9:51AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ouch, he's taking it too far!! I say mid to late 2nd round:

Damontre Moore - DL - Aggies

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore is a third day player.

"Not high on Damontre Moore," Jeremiah tweeted. "Pedestrian hands, limited flexibility and lacks explosive snap. Does not win enough 1 on 1's for me." When asked why Moore was once considered an early first rounder, Weidl answered "production and hype during the season. Post season when scouts start really digging into tape is when it sorts itself out."

Apr 2 - 9:43 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone (Giants? Ravens? Bears?) should attempt trading up with to pick #34 to acquire this kid. We would then get their 2014 first round pick.

Arthur Brown - LB - Wildcats

After watching one final tape on Kansas State's Arthur Brown, former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah considers the LB a top of the second-round talent.

"Sideline-to-sideline range, instinctive, productive," Jeremiah tweeted. "Inconsistent take-on player." Brown isn't of ideal size for an inside linebacker, but we think his aggression and strength to shed makes up for his "undersized" frame. He is an immediate starter.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Apr 2 - 9:31 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

After watching more of his tape and talking with league sources, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah would be surprised if FSU DE Tank Carradine isn't a first-round pick.

We agree, and it is just a question of how high. Carradine would have been a top 15 pick if he avoided the torn ACL late in the season, but don't be surprised if he still goes off the board in that area. The pass rusher's personal pro day on April 20 will be critical.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Apr 2 - 9:17 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arthur Brown - LB - Wildcats

Kansas State LB Arthur Brown "is looking more and more like a top 32 pick," according to USA Today's Tony Pauline.

It is about time. Brown is a top-15 talent in this class and projects as a weakside linebacker in a four man front or inside due to his aggression and strength at the point of attack. We aren't sure what took so long, possibly his lack of participation in the Senior Bowl due to a shoulder injury, but Brown is an absolute stud.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 2 - 8:49 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Cardinal

USA Today's Tony Pauline believes Stanford TE Zach Ertz could still be a first-round pick.

Pauline listed Ertz among eight players that could surprise as first-round picks. "We thought Ertz was first round worthy all along though many in the league cooled on Ertz after the combine," Pauline writes. We don't think the Stanford tight end shines in any one area and will likely play the mismatch receiving role, lining up opposite corners, safeties, and linebackers.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 2 - 9:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Long - G - Ducks

Oregon OL Kyle Long has a visit scheduled with the Rams.

Long is the younger brother of Rams defensive end Chris. The team could use some young talent on their offensive line, and Long can likely play left tackle or either guard spot. Due to his natural aggression and movement skills, we expect him to be selected in the second-round.
Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Apr 2 - 8:28 AM