• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been saying this all along. This kid is a poor man's Flacco:

Mike Glennon - QB - Wolfpack

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks writes NC State QB Mike Glennon has "glimpses" of Joe Flacco in his game.

"Even quiet leaders like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco have to step up and hold their teammates accountable by challenging them in one-on-one or small-group confrontations," Brooks writes. "Evaluators still have concerns about whether Glennon possesses that take-charge personality. When I asked Glennon about this following the workout, he pointed to the leadership styles of Manning and Flacco as examples of how he envisions his personality evolving at the next level. Furthermore, he told me to ask his teammates if they believed he had the moxie to be a leader at the highest level."
Source: NFL.com

Mar 21 - 6:57 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Ertz - TE - Cardinal

NFL.com's Gil Brandt writes Stanford TE Zach Ertz could go in the late first to early second round.

"Ertz is very smooth in his routes and catches the ball very well. This is going to be an interesting player, likely getting selected at the end of the first round or early in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft," Brandt writes. "Had Tony Gonzalez not returned to the Atlanta Falcons and the Chicago Bears not signed Martellus Bennett, Ertz — who is the No. 23-rated prospect in my Hot 100 and No. 2 tight end in Mike Mayock‘s position rankings — could have gone in the first round to one of those two teams."
Source: NFL.com

Mar 21 - 6:52 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Jenkins - LB - Seminoles

National Football Post's Russ Lande reports Florida State DE Brandon Jenkins' "best chance" to make it may be at 3-4 OLB.

"As my source in attendance told me, Jenkins is stuck between two positions as he lacks the elite explosiveness and pass rush skills to play defensive end and is not athletic enough to be a full-time linebacker," Lande writes. "He felt his best chance was to play outside linebacker in a 34 defense where he would not be asked to do a lot in terms of coverage responsibility." The Senior Bowl's Phil Savage recently said the opposite, citing Jenkins' lack of change of direction ability.
Source: National Football Post

Mar 21 - 6:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Eifert - TE - Fighting Irish

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay lists Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert as his top skill position player.

Eifert checks in at No. 16 on McShay's big board, one spot ahead of Tavon Austin. Two receivers find themselves in the top 25, with Keenan Allen and Cordarrelle Patterson sitting at No. 23 and 24, respectively. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler also lists Eifert as his top skill position player.
Source: ESPN

Mar 21 - 5:54 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bjoern Werner - DE - Seminoles

SI's Chris Burke believes a lot of the earlier luster around FSU DE Bjoern Werner "has worn thin."

"It would not surprise me all that much to see Werner slide a lot further than most people expect come draft day," Burke writes, after ranking the pass rusher at No. 12 overall. "He produced big numbers at Florida State and could replicate that performance in the right situation."
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 22 - 1:24 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Since it doesn't look like Matt Barkley is going to be a first round pick, I think Barkevious Mingo is a front-runner for my 2013 bust pick. I think Montgomery, Carradine, Werner, Moore, Okafor & Lemonier will be better rush defensive ends than he will be. I like Trevardo Williams more than him too. And after watching Cornelius Washington play 4-3 DE in the senior bowl, I'd take him over Mingo too.

In fact, I think Mingo should probably play OLB in a 4-3.

It hasn't been easy picking a bust in the first round lately, but if I had to pick one now I'd go with Mingo. If it were easy to predict a guy busting, he wouldn't be taken in the first round. And I think GMs are getting better at scouting players latey. Mingo's quick, he has good pass-rush moves, he can cover, he has good length, but his core strength is severly lacking.

Curtis Enis
Akili Smith
Rashard Anderson
Damoine Lewis
Lito Sheppard
Rex Grossman
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Vince Young
Jammal Anderson
Matty Romo (Ryan)
Percy Harvin
TIMMY!
Cam Newton
Michael Brockers

....Barkevious Mingo? I think so.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2 or 3 names?

Question for everyone with strong draft opinions:

Based on where most people are projecting them now, what are 2 or 3 names you'll be screaming on draft day? Maybe you love a guy in the 5th or want the team to trade up to 15? Doesn't matter. No explanation needed; just throw some names out there. Mine won't be any surprise.

Bray - 2nd-3rd
Hankins - 2nd
Trevardo Williams - 4th - 5th

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, I didn't watch very much Rutgers this year (maybe the Arkansas game?), but here's a video of Mark Harrison against Louisville, the Razorbacks & Cinci'. Plays like a fast TE in this video IMO:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since it doesn't look like Matt Barkley is going to be a first round pick, I think Barkevious Mingo is a front-runner for my 2013 bust pick. I think Montgomery, Carradine, Werner, Moore, Okafor & Lemonier will be better rush defensive ends than he will be. I like Trevardo Williams more than him too. And after watching Cornelius Washington play 4-3 DE in the senior bowl, I'd take him over Mingo too.

In fact, I think Mingo should probably play OLB in a 4-3.

It hasn't been easy picking a bust in the first round lately, but if I had to pick one now I'd go with Mingo. If it were easy to predict a guy busting, he wouldn't be taken in the first round. And I think GMs are getting better at scouting players latey. Mingo's quick, he has good pass-rush moves, he can cover, he has good length, but his core strength is severly lacking.

Curtis Enis
Akili Smith
Rashard Anderson
Damoine Lewis
Lito Sheppard
Rex Grossman
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Vince Young
Jammal Anderson
Matty Romo (Ryan)
Percy Harvin
TIMMY!
Cam Newton
Michael Brockers

....Barkevious Mingo? I think so.

I'm still trying to figure out what it means that I have this list almost completely memorized now. Sheesh!

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up for Austin

FS Reid

Hankins

Not going to hate on your picks but I truly hope they don't draft Austin.. It reminds me of how bad our draft was last year.. He is the combination of Jenkins and James only better..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm still trying to figure out what it means that I have this list almost completely memorized now. Sheesh!

I've subtly been trying to inspire others to start making an annual first-round bust pick as well (to no avail). :redface:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to hate on your picks but I truly hope they don't draft Austin.. It reminds me of how bad our draft was last year.. He is the combination of Jenkins and James only better..

It was obvious in every WV game that I watched that he was a man amongst boys. He was simply dominant and his lateral agility is something I haven't seen in awhile. Hell, he may even be capable of changing directions in mid-air. Cazic?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually DO think they draft WR within the first three rounds. Boldin isn't young, Crabtree is up for a HUGE payday, Jenkins hasn't shown anything (as of yet), Kyle Williams is coming off of injury along with Manningham, whose deal is up at the end of the season. After this season, only Williams, Jenkins, and Crabtree are under contract.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually DO think they draft WR within the first three rounds. Boldin isn't young, Crabtree is up for a HUGE payday, Jenkins hasn't shown anything (as of yet), Kyle Williams is coming off of injury along with Manningham, whose deal is up at the end of the season. After this season, only Williams, Jenkins, and Crabtree are under contract.

I do think they will get a WR in the first 3 round but not a Austin type, just someone bigger... and Williams contract is up in 2014.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Williams is up in 2014. I don't think I stated that his deal was up. As a matter of fact, my last sentence places Williams, Jenkins, and Crabtree as the only ones under contract.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Williams is up in 2014. I don't think I stated that his deal was up. As a matter of fact, my last sentence places Williams, Jenkins, and Crabtree as the only ones under contract.

No... Williams is a free agent after this season...

Last edited by a moderator: