• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tyler Bray - QB - Volunteers

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay singled out Tennessee's Tyler Bray as the QB prospect with the most upside.
Source: ESPN

Mar 21 - 1:26 PM

Finally some sanity as it pertains to Tyler Bray.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So who are some of the devisive names in this draft? In years past, there have been playsre some have thought were future all-pro's & some thought they should be 6th round picks & such. There were heated debates over guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, JPP, Sergio Kindle, Janoris Jenkins, Everette Brown, Percy Harvin, Antonio Cromartie, Levi Brown, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Matt Jones, Derrick Johnson, etc...

Who are the devisive names in this year's draft?

Matt Barkley? (see this thread from months past)
Patterson?
Austin?
Hunt?
Hunter?
Mingo?
Kenny Vaccaro?
DeAndre Hopkins?
Bray? (steal of the draft).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are some of the devisive names in this draft? In years past, there have been playsre some have thought were future all-pro's & some thought they should be 6th round picks & such. There were heated debates over guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, JPP, Sergio Kindle, Janoris Jenkins, Everette Brown, Percy Harvin, Antonio Cromartie, Levi Brown, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Matt Jones, Derrick Johnson, etc...

Patterson?
Austin?
Hunt?
Hunter?
Mingo?
Kenny Vaccaro?
DeAndre Hopkins?

I think there is really only one guy on the Barkley bandwagon and that is Bingo.

There seems to be a great divide on Patterson but I think a lot of that is due to a misunderstanding of his day 1 abilities and how some of us would use him. I get knocking him for WR and noggin. The thing is he brings versatility that can be immediately brought in to the playbook. Rushes from backfield, quick slants, bubble screen, long balls aren't complicated shit and he can do that right now. On top of that you have elite return ability at KR and PR. Combo routes and reading coverages are the icing on the cake if he learns that.

Most agree that Austin is a weapon.

I think all agree that Hunt is sushi.

Hunter seems to be only hated by Bingo. I loved him until he developed shit hands this year. I mean really shit hands.

Mingo and Vaccaro are blah.

Hopkins is hugely slept on by most yet those of us that like him don't expect him to go high anyway.

Bray has the brain of Britney Spears and has zero mobility which are both awful fits for a Harbaugh offense. He's got a gun and that is it at this point. Seems like you are the only guy in love with him and that love hasn't raised him above where you and the rest of us expect him to get drafted.

So finally I'm gonna go with Patterson.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Corey Lemonier, Jamie Collins, Trevardo Williams.

Which one do you like the best? I like Williams the best, but I do like Lemonier's youth.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Lemonier, Jamie Collins, Trevardo Williams.

Which one do you like the best? I like Williams the best, but I do like Lemonier's youth.

How about D? Cornelius Washington. Free the man and move him to pass rushing 34 OLB and let the fun begin. 6'4 265 lbs and runs a 4.55 forty. Poor guy had to be a 34 DE getting double teamed in college.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How about D? Cornelius Washington. Free the man and move him to pass rushing 34 OLB and let the fun begin. 6'4 265 lbs and runs a 4.55 forty. Poor guy had to be a 34 DE getting double teamed in college.

I still think Washington's best position is a 3-4 DE. I think he lost some weight to run better at the combine; he looked pretty big at Georgia. And he'll barely be turning 22 when the season starts., so I expect him to add some weight in the NFL.

I don't see Washington as very good pass-rusher at OLB. But I like him as a DE. I used to want him in a 3rd, but I now think he's more of a 5th round prospect.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mingo and Vaccaro are blah.

Glad someone agrees with me that they're both severely overrated. Some people think Mingo should go top 3! I see a lot of Manny Lawson in Mingo. And Vaccaro is an average SS prospect to me.

I wouldn't touch either one of these guys anywhere in the first round. I used to like Mingo quite a bit, but I've noticed too many holes in his game over time. And I've always been more impressed with Montgomery than Mingo (but Monty's purely a 4-3 guy IMO).

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Patterson?
Austin?
Hunt?
Hunter?
Mingo?
Kenny Vaccaro?
DeAndre Hopkins?

Werner? Lacy? Te'O?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well Ray, I watched about half the Senior bowl (south on defense) and you definitely have a point. Washington looked more dominant as a 4-3 DE than Mongomery did, and I really like Montgomery. 5th round probably isn't realistic.

My only wonder is whether he'll get bigger or not. He doesn't look like he has a lot of mass to lose. He can play OLB at 265, but playing OLB at 280 is pushing it. So if he gets bigger, he's a DE. If he's playing OLB, I'd actually like to see him down to about 255 or so.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Milliner - DB - Crimson Tide

Alabama CB Dee Milliner ranks second overall on Mel Kiper's Big Board.

Regarding Milliner, Kiper writes that there are "no speed questions anymore, so now it's just a matter of how high he goes. Even if his backpedal needs work, he can clearly turn and run with anybody, and he has time to fix minor technique flaws. A smart player, he has a sharp learning curve, and his raw football skills are exceptional. His physical prowess is a step above that of other corners."

Mar 22 - 9:30 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jawan Jamison - RB - Scarlet Knights

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay lists Rutgers' Jawan Jamison as his fifth overall RB.

Jamison hasn't received much attention through the pre-draft process after leaving school following his redshirt sophomore season. He is a compact runner with some nice cuts at the second level, but we question his overall athleticism to match up with his running style.

Mar 22 - 9:13 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes West Virginia QB Geno Smith has "slow eyes" when asked to throw with anticipation.

"One thing about Geno Smith, and you see it consistently, when throws are there that are clearly defined and the ball needs to come out on time with anticipation, I think he has a tendency to be late with those throws," Cosell said. "And I think in the NFL where the coverage is tighter, the defense is quicker, you have to be an anticipation thrower." Cosell then went on to call Smith's "ball location" and accuracy, calling it a bit erratic.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 22 - 8:46 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped just 4.2 percent of his intended targets in 2012.
The drop rate compares favorably to Keenan Allen (4.7 percent), Terrance Williams (5.8 percent), and especially Vols teammate Justin Hunter (12.1 percent). Although draftniks have nitpicked Patterson's tendency to "body catch" as opposed to secure passes with his hands, his efficiency wasn't an issue in college. Patterson is expected to be drafted in the 11-27 range this April.
Source: Houston Chronicle Mar 22 - 3:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Tigers

ESPN's Chris Mortensen expects the Houston Texans to add "a WR or two" through the draft.

"Somebody that can run and run fast," Mortensen said, while also adding that it is the team's "highest priority." The Texans added DeVier Posey and Keshawn Martin last season, but neither are top end talents. DeAndre Hopkins could be a great fit at the end of the first round.
Source: Evan Silva on Twitter

Mar 22 - 8:40 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we get this guy with our 34th pick?

John Jenkins - DL - Bulldogs

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Pittsburgh Steelers and New Orleans Saints could have interest in Georgia NT John Jenkins.

Jenkins ran an impressive pair of 40 times at the school's pro day, clocking in at 5.20 and 5.23. He would be a great fit in the Saints' new 3-4 defense, as well as the Steelers' constant 3-4 scheme but they already have a quality nose tackle in Steve McLendon. Still, Jenkins will interest the Steelers because of his upside and rare talent.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 21 - 7:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Bulldogs

Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones met with the New Orleans Saints on March 20.

Jones revealed the information after his pro day, when he also noted that he plans to meet with three more teams in the near future. The three teams are the Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions. All four teams are going to be looking to adding more pass-rushers. Jones didn't work out as well as some hoped, but he has violent hands.
Source: ESPN.com

Mar 21 - 7:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alec Ogletree - LB - Bulldogs

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution's D. Orlando Ledbetter reports the Falcons will either workout or visit with Georgia LB Alec Ogletree.

Ogletree has had character issues but has a load of talent. He's very rangy and athletic, and has been compared to the Kansas City Chiefs' Derrick Johnson. Ogletree would bring much needed athleticism to the Falcons but there are character questions with the prospect. The Falcons are very tough on grading character, which makes it hard to see them drafting him despite his skill set.
Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter

Mar 21 - 7:05 PM