• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to lean towards Margus Hunt. Every time i look at his film I just have a feeling he could wind up being a steal. Even though he will most likely never reach the level of play Justin Smith or JJ Watt have had I still like him a lot.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're probably going DB our first couple of picks. We will be depending on these guys as starters next season when Brown, Rogers and Whitner all hit the road.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we are going to lean heavy the first 4 rounds. Only exceptions I wouldnt mind would be Lattimore in the 4th, and Quinton Patton in the 3rd as a replacement in two yrs for Cashtree

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly don't see us picking a NT in the first round or second round for that matter, just considering the things that we know. We re-signed Ian Williams and signed Glenn Dorsey to cover that spot, we filled the need in FA. All that along the facts that Sop only played a fraction of the plays and we have major holes to fill elsewhere leads me to believe this.

If we don't draft DB's early and often then I would be shocked. I actually expect us to trade up and draft Trufant if we can.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're probably going DB our first couple of picks. We will be depending on these guys as starters next season when Brown, Rogers and Whitner all hit the road.

Assuming we keep our first 3 picks I would think we would draft at least one Defensive linemen. Hunt the guy i would want us to go after first. Then we can go after a guy like Reid, Hankins, or someone else with our next pick. I'm not really sold on many CB's in the late 1st/early 2nd round. I think the value there is Offensive and Defensive linemen. Just my opinion, though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson is a top 10 talent, but admits he likely won't be selected there.

Mayock made sure to note that Rams GM Les Snead was in attendance at Tennessee's pro day. Patterson is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands and generated separation despite poor routes. Along with refinement, Patterson would be smart to catch fewer passes with his body.
Source: Andy Fenelon on Twitter

Mar 20 - 6:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Datone Jones - DL - Bruins

The Senior Bowl's Phil Savage listed six prospects as future three-down, sub-package defenders in the NFL.

In Savage's list, BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah, Florida defensive tackle Shariff Floyd, UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones, Oregon outside linebacker Dion Jordan, LSU defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo and Georgia inside linebacker Alec Ogletree are included. They are listed under the category, "3-3-5 package (with OLB as DE)". The names of the players come as part of a post featured on the NFL's base "11" personnel.
Source: Seniorbowl.com

Mar 20 - 4:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says three QB's will go in the first round, with WVU's Geno Smith going in the Top 10.

The comment comes as a little surprise. Quarterback Geno Smith is expected to go in the Top 10, with the Jaguars, Raiders and Eagles as possible suitors, but two other quarterback's going in the first is a bit surprising. There's been much discussion about Florida State's E.J. Manuel possibly making a late run to get drafted in the first round, with the Buffalo Bills as a suitor.
Source: SiriusXM NFL Radio on Twitter

Mar 20 - 3:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damontre Moore - DL - Aggies

Draft Insider Tony Pauline tweets that Texas A&M OLB Damontre Moore could run the 40-yard dash again.

Moore chose not to do the 40 at his pro day, which was a surprise to many. Instead, he focused on the bench press and appears to have plans to run the 40 again at a later date. At the combine, he ran a 4.95, which was a significant help to his sliding stock. He'll have to improve on that at the 40 time to show he's willing to work hard.
Source: Tony Pauline on

Twitter Mar 20 - 3:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sweet news to the ears:

Gavin Escobar - TE - Aztecs

San Diego State TE Gavin Escobar has met with the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Both teams will likely look to add to the tight end position because it's featured so heavily in their offenses. Each team makes a point to run the ball but where Escobar is likely to do the most damage is in the passing game. Former Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli once called Escobar an "F-type" (move) tight end.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 20 - 3:45 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Christine Michael - RB - Aggies

ESPN's Todd McShay says Texas A&M RB Christine Michael is the biggest risk at the RB position in the draft.

"You look at him on tape, you see explosiveness, quickness... So what’s the problem? Baggage," McShay said. "Durability baggage, you go back to 2010 a season ending injury. The same in 2011 and then there a lot of character issues you have to wade through. He’s a big time risk and he’s probably going to go in the second round."
Source: Sports Day

Mar 20 - 3:40 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon McGee - DB - Hurricanes

The Chicago Bears privately worked out Miami (FL) CB Brandon McGee.

McGee could be a fit in the slot after nickel corner D.J. Moore signed with the Carolina Panthers. "Absolutely, (I can see myself being an NFL nickelback)," McGee said. "Going into the NFL you have to be open to that because it only adds to your value. Playing nickelback demands a lot more thinking. The successful nickelbacks are the smart ones. It's not easy playing inside. For example, Charles Woodson was one of the greatest when the Green Bay Packers used to line him up inside over the slot. That's the kind of guy I would try to model my game after."
Source: ESPN Chicago

Mar 20 - 3:35 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would enjoy seeing him in that offense, of course that would mean Hawkins would be expandable.

Tavon Austin - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia WR Tavon Austin will have a private workout with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Austin would be a great fit for the Bengals because he could take advantage of the space created by perimeter wide receiver A.J. Green much like Wes Welker did with Randy Moss when they were in New England. Austin has great lateral agility and is arguably the top playmaker in the draft.
Source: WVU Pros

Mar 20 - 3:31 PM

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at our team needs, the amount of picks we have, and the ridiculous amount of mocks I've studied one thing is becoming clear. I literally have no idea or inkling of how the draft is going to go. Some years its fairly clear-we have a major need, We need a CB or Rusher,I remember most mocks had us taking Quinn or Prince before Baalke suprised everyone with Aldon. Or Offensive line, Most thought Brian Bulaga before the Davis and Iupati picks. This year is really really interesting. Clearly we need help at DL, DB, WR. But I wouldn't be surprised if this FO drafts a TE high. No doubt will we be trading into next years draft, but with which picks? And with an abundance of picks do we delve into the trade market for a vet like we did with Boldin? For Revis, still?

This is a really exciting off season, I think. And kind of nerve wracking too...:)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
E.J. Manuel - QB - Seminoles

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Philadelphia Eagles will work out FSU QB E.J. Manuel.

Manuel would be a good fit in Chip Kelly's system, as it would significantly feature his athleticism while he develops as a passer. Manuel has made it clear in the past that he'd love to play for the Eagles and Kelly. Now there's a chance that he does.
Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Mar 20 - 3:26 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's not raw. He started for four years, AND he redshirted his true freshman year. As a Noles fan I want the best for this kid, but he just does not have "it" IMO. Not much of an upside at all. Please Baalke stay away from him unless you're looking for a long term backup for Kaep somewhere in the 4th-5th round.

E.J. Manuel - QB - Seminoles

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah gave FSU QB E.J. Manuel a third round grade.

"Gave EJ Manuel a 3rd rd grade. Needs time to develop. Love his size but ? his pocket movement/field awareness. Liked J. Freeman better," Jeremiah tweeted. "EJ Manuel similar to V. Young in a couple areas: same build, long striding runner, raw footwork... VY better playmaker, EJ better makeup." Manuel is raw but appears to have all the physical tools and upside to go earlier in the draft than Jeremiah's grade.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Mar 20 - 3:23 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Trojans

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks compared USC QB Matt Barkley to former NFL QB Chad Pennington.

Brooks called Barkley one of the best "game managers" in college football and praised his intelligence. Barkley has some physical inadequacies but has shown in the past he can go through his keys and find his receiver. The key to him becoming a successful pro will be winning before the snap.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 20 - 3:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharrif Floyd - DL - Gators

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes NFL teams want to know if Florida DT Sharrif Floyd can two-gap.

"However, viewed as an athletic defensive tackle who strength is shooting gaps and disrupting plays, NFL teams want to get a feel for his innate strength during this workout so they can determine if he can be an effective two-gap defensive tackle in the NFL," Lande writes. "This is even more of a concern after his arms measured under 32 inches at the Combine as many NFL teams feel that in order to be effective as a two-gapper you must have long arms to take on, lock-out, anchor and shed OL blocks."
Source: National Football Post

Mar 20 - 3:07 PM