• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Hankins is a 2nd rounder & Carradine is a top 20, here's what I'd like to see at this point:

*Niners trade the 31 for a 1st rounder in 2014 and a later 2nd round pick.
*Niners trade 34 & Carolina's 4th rounder for mid-2nd & 3rd rounder.
*Niners trade late 2nd & original 3rd rounder for mid-2nd rounder.
*Niners trade mid-3rd + 4th rounder (non comp) for high 3rd rounder.

2a) Hankins
2b) Reid
2c) Bray <--- Steal of the draft
3a) Terron Armstead (wishful thinking?)
4a) Lattimore
5a) Trevardo Williams <--- other steal of the draft
5b) Brandon Jenkins
6) Kwame Geathers
7a) BPA
7b) BPA
7c) BPA
7d) BPA

The Niners need to take any offers of 2014 first round pick(s) that come along, and they need to get as many picks from the range of around 45-65 as possible. That is where the best value of the draft is going to be IMO.

It would hurt to not see Carradine in red & gold though. I was hoping he's be Justin Smith's heir apparent. He's one of the 5-7 best defensive players in the entire draft IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Pauline:

Gavin Escobar/TE/San Diego St; dinner w/San Francisco 49ers last night & lunch w/Tampa Bay Bucs today-most feel he cemented himself as a 2nd

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see if Phillip Thomas runs again tomorrow.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. a.DeAndre Hopkins b. Jonathan Banks
2. a.Jonathan Banks b. Eric Reid
2. Robert Alford - CB
3. Quinton Patton - WR
3. William Gholston - DE
4. Jeff Tuel - QB
4. Center
5. Levine Toilolo – WR/TE
5. Nose Tackle
6. Rontez Miles – S/ST
7. Daniel Simmons - CB
7. Chris Thompson - RB
7. Outside Linebacker
7. Guard

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. a.DeAndre Hopkins b. Jonathan Banks
2. a.Jonathan Banks b. Eric Reid
2. Robert Alford - CB
3. Quinton Patton - WR
3. William Gholston - DE
4. Jeff Tuel - QB
4. Center
5. Levine Toilolo – WR/TE
5. Nose Tackle
6. Rontez Miles – S/ST
7. Daniel Simmons - CB
7. Chris Thompson - RB
7. Outside Linebacker
7. Guard

Shoot that is a team by itself. INSANE!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL 32 that Utah DT Star Lotulelei has been medically cleared following his heart scare at February's Scouting Combine.
Lotulelei will participate fully in Utah's Wednesday Pro Day. "He's clear now," reported Mortensen. "At the Combine they flagged him for having a heart that wasn't pumping enough blood. It wasn't pumping properly. ... But he proceeded to go ahead and train. He's gone through extensive medical testing." Per Mort, Lotulelei's agent is sending his healthy medical reports to all 32 clubs, and "a lot of teams" will be in Salt Lake for his Wednesday workout. Mar 19 - 6:04 PM

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jon Hankins, DT, Ohio State, Junior (6027, 320 and 5.25): Much improved in 2012, Hankins surprised no one when he came out early for the Draft as he was initially expected to be a top ten or fifteen selection. However, according to NFL sources we have spoken to, Hankins stock is not nearly that high now. No one doubts that he has physical strength to control blockers at the POA, the quick hands and athleticism to defeat man blocks and the speed to chase plays down in pursuit. However, the issues that are coming up around the league when teams discuss him is that he does not play with passion/intensity on every snap and has a bad habit of popping upright and losing leverage too often. You can never write off a rare physical specimen being over-drafted, but everything we are hearing points to a second or third round selection.

maybe we take this NT round 3, trade up to earlier in round 3?

I'd be good with that. With Tomsula's coaching, he could be a stellar NT.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@GrantRamey ‏@GrantRamey 1m

Steelers have both Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin at Tennessee's Pro Day. With Justin Hunter and CP working out. And Mike Wallace now in Miami.
Retweeted by Evan Woodbery
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I respectfully disagree with you Mr. Mayock:

E.J. Manuel - QB - Seminoles

NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes FSU QB E.J. Manuel is a better prospect than Christian Ponder was coming out of college, and the former has more upside.

"In all honesty, I had Ponder a second-round guy and Minnesota took him pretty high and the jury is still out there," Mayock said. "I think this kid as better arm talent, he's a bigger, more physical specimen, and really his ceiling is higher. Now I don't know if his floor is as high, but his ceiling is higher."
Source: NFL.com

Mar 20 - 12:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FINALLY! I was hoping someone would join me. It was lonely driving this bandwagon by myself.

I'm suprised both you and Ray didn't say Justin Hunter. Hunter in the first would make me puke.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said that Utah DT Star Lotulelei has been cleared medically after third party testing.

"He's clear now," reported Mortensen. "At the Combine they flagged him for having a heart that wasn't pumping enough blood. It wasn't pumping properly... But he proceeded to go ahead and train. He's gone through extensive medical testing." Lotulelei's agent is sending the results out to NFL teams, but each will do their own medical testing, which are the only results that matter.

Mar 20 - 10:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Knock him all you want, but I don't want this kid to land anywhere in the NFC West:

Mike Glennon - QB - Wolfpack

ESPN's Chris Mortensen believes the Cardinals are targeting NC State QB Mike Glennon, but not necessarily at pick No. 7.

"I really believe the guy they're hoping to get somewhere, whether it's in the second round ... is Mike Glennon," said Mortensen. "Their new head coach, Bruce Arians, likes big guys with big arms who can get the ball downfield." Our own Josh Norris previously mocked Glennon to the Cardinals at No. 7, but we think Arians is happy to stick with Stanton as the starter this year. Gelnnon could be a target at No. 38.

Mar 20 - 10:20 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Mountaineers

Appearing on ESPN, Adam Schefter appeared confident that WVU QB Geno Smith will be a top 10 pick in April's draft.

"It looks more and more like he's going to go in the top 10," Schefter said. "... It's difficult to say (exactly where he'll go), but it's not difficult to discern that Geno Smith is looking more and more like a top 10 pick." Thus far, the Jaguars and the Eagles have shown the most interest, but that might change after Geno's workout with the Bills on Friday. Expect the Raiders to be linked to the signal caller as well.

Mar 20 - 9:58 AM

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY! I was hoping someone would join me. It was lonely driving this bandwagon by myself.

I'm suprised both you and Ray didn't say Justin Hunter. Hunter in the first would make me puke.

Thinking Sick was referring to Dion Jordan. And side note, Bingo.

Puke, really? Say it ain't so. Besides, if you stayed clean after AJ Jenkins, don't think you'll need the barf-bag for Hunter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thinking Sick was referring to Dion Jordan. And side note, Bingo.

Not sure what this sentence is saying, but I'll re-phrase. I'm happy someone else can appreciate Tank Carradine. I've been screaming for the Niners to get him fora while now. Unfortunately, people are catching on to what I've been saying, so he's no longer seen as a mid-2nd round. :(

As far as Dion Jordan goes, he's a guy I had trouble scouting. But I think Carradine is every bit as good a player as Jordan is. Jordan didn't impress me with his play as much as he impressed others, but I learned my lesson from JPP: don't overlook a DL with freakish athletic ability. So, at this point, I have Carradine tied with Jordan in terms of value. However, I like Carradine as a 3-4 DE to be Justin Smith's replacement, and clearly Jordan would be an OLB in a 3-4.

As far as Hunter goes, he's the best WR prospect in the draft by a good margin IMO.