• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the list above, if the Eagles take a pass rusher, what do people think about offering a late-round pick for Brandon Graham? I know there were some pretty big fans of him coming out. He's been pretty quiet as a pro, but might be worth a shot in a situational role.

New regime, and new defensive scheme. They probably don't even see him as part of their rebuilding/long term plan. In which case, I think he is a high candidate to be released - so I would certainly offer a 7th round pick for him. He is way behind in terms of deloping him to fit our scheme as a rush linebacker, so that is why I believe with this major risk Baalke wouldn't propose anything more than a 7th to see if they could get some production out of him. I'd bring him in to compete with Cam Johnson, Parys, and Fleming. We could give our 7th round pick, and we still have several picks (comps) in the 7th round to utilize on a prospect who as fallen that far (Greg Reid maybe, or a kicker??)

I like these thoughts.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed Barwin so he is already stuck to their bench unless they release Cole.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 11s

ESPN's Chris Mortensen on #Raiders at No. 3: "They're thinking about Geno Smith seriously, I believe."
Expand

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Liking Walters latest draft...

!)#31 Datone Jones DE 2) #34 J. Cyprien S 2) #61 J. Collins OLB 3)G. Escobar TE 3)#93 E. Reid S And thats the net from just 3 rounds..they havent finished rd 4 yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw this as well and have been hoping for it. Would he be put straight on the IR or PUP list to not take up a roster spot or practice squad spot this year until he is 100% healthy?

excellent question but don't know the answer. :-(

i'll guess we could put him straight on IR? if so, then it might make sense to draft and stash? i wouldn't do it, but keeping an open mind for others.

the PUP is a tough one too, cause when he gets off PUP, don't we have to add him to the roster?

wouldn't make sense to draft him if he needs to remain on the PS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all off-season, I would love to draft Lattimore in the mid rounds and put him on the IR.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

SHHHHH SHEFTY, SHUP UP

I was hoping that we would get a third comp so that we could get Lattimore then. Now I hope we don't have to use the pick at the end of the third.. Even though they are very similar places

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
!)#31 Datone Jones DE 2) #34 J. Cyprien S 2) #61 J. Collins OLB 3)G. Escobar TE 3)#93 E. Reid S And thats the net from just 3 rounds..they havent finished rd 4 yet.

Thats an awesome start.. I wonder how it finished ?!?!?!? I am going to check.. RIGHT MEOW

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
excellent question but don't know the answer. :-(

i'll guess we could put him straight on IR? if so, then it might make sense to draft and stash? i wouldn't do it, but keeping an open mind for others.

the PUP is a tough one too, cause when he gets off PUP, don't we have to add him to the roster?

wouldn't make sense to draft him if he needs to remain on the PS.

If he goes to the PUP, we would have to either activate him or put him on IR. He's obviously not going to the PS, the question is whether he could contribute at all in his rookie year. But if he's still there in the second half of the draft, it would make a lot of sense to take a flier on him. We're going to draft healthy guys who won't contribute as rookies. Lattimore at least has big-time upside.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Isn't that really low for Reid? I'm not entirely up on the draft, but seems like he'll be gone much earlier? As it stands now, though, I'm pretty partial to that third round....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
SHHHHH SHEFTY, SHUP UP

I was hoping that we would get a third comp so that we could get Lattimore then. Now I hope we don't have to use the pick at the end of the third.. Even though they are very similar places

lol! I couldn't help but picture this when I read your post:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OOOOOHHH Just checked it out and he mocked us Lattimore in the 4th and AJ Klein with our 4th round comp pick. 5th round wasn't completed for some reason..I love that mock.. Sickness is gonna hate it, haha..

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Got us taking Yo'boy Datone Jones with #31, lol. I love it, I know you arent a big fan of his.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OOOOOHHH Just checked it out and he mocked us Lattimore in the 4th and AJ Klein with our 4th round comp pick. 5th round wasn't completed for some reason..I love that mock.. Sickness is gonna hate it, haha..

Actually, the 4th round is exactly where I would want the Niners to draft Lattimore.

Klein? Meh.

Got us taking Yo'boy Datone Jones with #31, lol. I love it, I know you arent a big fan of his.

Oh, that's why I'd hate it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
lol. I was joking sick when I said I agree and that you be "plagiarizing". It's extremely unlikely that anyone will not share the same views as other person or draft analyst. Pozz tried to accuse me of plagiarizing once because I didn't use an APA style format when citing my source of where I got an information pertaining to Matt Barkley. As if no one cannot see or have the same assessment that a reporter has of a given player. When 1z made that comment about you, I "LOL'd" it because it was funny. I wasn't agreeing with him, I saw it as more of a joke than anything else such as me taking it as being a factual comment". Again, it would be extremely rare for anyone not to share the same exact opinion/assessment of a player as a fellow poster or draft analyst. You can debate and argue about 15-20 college prospects, but there will certainly be that one guy who you will see eye-to-eye with in terms of what you guys saw in his play at the college level, and how you guys project him as a pro.

I know you were just giving me a hard time. Those comments were more directed at the other guy, who committed a major party foul with his accusations of unoriginality.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1. Jon Hankins, DT, Ohio State, Junior (6027, 320 and 5.25): Much improved in 2012, Hankins surprised no one when he came out early for the Draft as he was initially expected to be a top ten or fifteen selection. However, according to NFL sources we have spoken to, Hankins stock is not nearly that high now. No one doubts that he has physical strength to control blockers at the POA, the quick hands and athleticism to defeat man blocks and the speed to chase plays down in pursuit. However, the issues that are coming up around the league when teams discuss him is that he does not play with passion/intensity on every snap and has a bad habit of popping upright and losing leverage too often. You can never write off a rare physical specimen being over-drafted, but everything we are hearing points to a second or third round selection.

maybe we take this NT round 3, trade up to earlier in round 3?

ronburgundy.png

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Re: Hankins from NFP:

"However, the issues that are coming up around the league when teams discuss him is that he does not play with passion/intensity on every snap and has a bad habit of popping upright and losing leverage too often."

One of the dumbest draft comments I've seen all offseason IMO. Hankins' pad level at 6'3 is a strength, not a weakness.

Nobody goes full speed 100% of the time. That's physically impossible. The guy's 320 pounds.

I really really really really really really really really really really hope this guy isn't just full of crap and NFL teams are making the monumental mistake of passing on this guy like they did with Calais Campbell. Hankins is the 2nd best defensive player in the entire draft after Jarvis Jones (and Jones has the neck issue).