• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is Woods gaining momentum? He was supposed to be a great sleeper pick in the 2nd or 3rd round:

Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks mocked two WRs to the Minnesota Vikings, Cal's Keenan Allen at pick No. 23 and USC's Robert Woods at No. 25.

Brooks believes Allen would step into the No. 1 wideout role and Woods as the No. 2, who could also do damage in the slot. After Greg Jennings' contract, we doubt this will happen, but the Vikings do have multiple options thanks to two first-round picks.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 18 - 2:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Hayden - DB - Cougars

Green Bay Packers exec Alonzo Highsmith calls Houston CB D.J. Hayden's heart issue "the most unique injury in the history of the draft."

"The only people that ever had it aren't alive and doctors have never seen it," Highsmith added. Doctors reportedly told Hayden the heart issue was 95 percent fatal. Obviously teams will have to determine if the initial injury is repeatable and the chances that might happen.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Mar 18 - 3:22 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Does anyone agree with this? I think you're more known for copying Clyde and putting heavy emphasis on the combine.

Now you're just just being insulting. I've been posting for a LOT longer than Clyde has (back on the ESPN forum mostly). I've been making bust predictions since friggn' 1998. I was posting on the ESPN forum in 2000. I don't even remember Clyde even being around the old forum before around 2007 (maybe he was; there aren't that many screen names I remember from before then). In fact, my opinions have been closer to Bingo's than Clyde's the last few years (I was with him on Janoris Jenkins, Michael Johnson, Everson Griffin & a few others I'm sure I could look up; and those were pretty devisive names).

Unless you want to show me an example of where I plagiarised. Everything on the forum is easily searchable. Go ahead.

And if people don't put a heavy emphasis on the combine, for certain positions, they simply don't know what they're doing.

Quiet you!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Maiocco:

Teams haven't been told compensatory draft picks. That'll happen shortly. 49ers expecting three picks, one as early as 3rd, more likely 4th.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sylvester Williams - DT - Tar Heels

UNC DT Sylvester Williams ranks as National Football Post draft analyst Russ Lande's 10th best player.

Williams is the second ranked defensive tackle behind Star Lotulelei, who sits at No. 4. Sheldon Richardson, Jesse Williams, and Sharrif Floyd round at the top five players at the position. We like Williams' quickness off the snap and ability to initially penetrate, but he fails to finish plays.
Source: National Football Post

Mar 17 - 5:21 PM

Wow. Couldn't disagere with this one more. Sylvester Williams shouldn't even be picked in the 1st round IMO.

Best DTs in this draft: Hankins, Sharrif Floyd, Richardson, Star, Short, Jesse Williams & then Sylvester Williams in there somewhere (although I'm going back & forth over Floyd; haven't cemented my opinion of him yet).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, Sylvester Williams will be 25 years old in November.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Longhorns

Texas S Kenny Vaccaro is visiting the Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday.

It is an interesting fit, since the Cowboys desperately need safety help along with contested positions on the interior of the offensive line and defensive tackle. Vaccaro is a versatile option with range in the back half and physical mirroring skills in the slot, but we wish he was a more consistent tackler in space.
Source: Kenny Vaccaro on Twitter

Mar 18 - 4:42 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Graphs

QBCompletion.jpg

QBFrequency.jpg

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Annnnnnd this is?

The 1st graph is completion percentage within a segment of yards.

The 2nd graph is the frequency they threw within a segment of yards.

IF I COULD EDIT IT I WOULD. Don't know how I forgot to write that in.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Hankins? Live with it??? I could live with it, make sweet love to it and rub its feet until it fell asleep and then wake up early & make breakfast in bed for it! :hope:

I would love this pick if it were the 3rd round. Since it is not, I dislike it:

Word. (Hunt in the 3rd).

...Does saying "word" mean I'm copying you by the way? Wouldn't want to plagiarize. :rolleyes2:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st graph is completion percentage within a segment of yards.

The 2nd graph is the frequency they threw within a segment of yards.

IF I COULD EDIT IT I WOULD. Don't know how I forgot to write that in.

Haha - no worries, I just didn't know what it was - cool; thanks for the explanation

Oh, and I agree they have the edit timer set to cutoff editing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too soon!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note: I hope people are over the Datone Jones Senior Bowl hype by now. He's one of my least favourite 25-35 range prospects. He would be a very uninspired 1st round pick (like AJ Jenkins was).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hankins? Live with it??? I could live with it, make sweet love to it and rub its feet until it fell asleep and then wake up early & make breakfast in bed for it! :hope:

Word. (Hunt in the 3rd).

...Does saying "word" mean I'm copying you by the way? Wouldn't want to plagiarize. :rolleyes2:

Yeah I strongly agree Hankins would be a sweet pick. I should have used better words to describe how much I like it other than simply saying "I could live with it". He and Dorsey would give us the depth we need at the end positions, and plus both of them can rotate at the nose tackle position keeping everyone in that entire dline unit fresh for 60 minutes.

lol. I was joking sick when I said I agree and that you be "plagiarizing". It's extremely unlikely that anyone will not share the same views as other person or draft analyst. Pozz tried to accuse me of plagiarizing once because I didn't use an APA style format when citing my source of where I got an information pertaining to Matt Barkley. As if no one cannot see or have the same assessment that a reporter has of a given player. When 1z made that comment about you, I "LOL'd" it because it was funny. I wasn't agreeing with him, I saw it as more of a joke than anything else such as me taking it as being a factual comment". Again, it would be extremely rare for anyone not to share the same exact opinion/assessment of a player as a fellow poster or draft analyst. You can debate and argue about 15-20 college prospects, but there will certainly be that one guy who you will see eye-to-eye with in terms of what you guys saw in his play at the college level, and how you guys project him as a pro.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones - LB - Bulldogs

NFL Network's Brian Baldinger believes Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones is the best defensive player in the 2013 NFL Draft.

When asked who the Eagles should select, Baldinger answered, "if Jarvis Jones is there, to me, my mother could scout Jarvis Jones. He's the best defensive player in this draft, he's actually the best 3-4 outside linebacker in this draft. If you put him opposite Connor Barwin, to me I'd be shocked if the two don't have a combine 20-25 sacks."
Source: Philadelphia Eagles

Mar 19 - 9:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been saying this from the onset. As an FSU fan, I have seen him a whole lot in the past 4 years:

E.J. Manuel - QB - Seminoles

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah doesn't believe FSU QB E.J. Manuel is a franchise QB.

"I think he's more of a project, I think he's someone you work with. You try and develop him for a couple of years and maybe you can have someone that can start for your football team down the line. But never did I watch him and think I was watching a franchise quarterback," Jeremiah said. "I saw someone that had very raw footwork, needed to get better in that area. I saw someone that had some really poor misses on tape. You don't want to see that from a franchise guy." He added that what Manuel does is not "natural" to him and "not easy".

Mar 18 - 6:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyler Wilson - QB - Razorbacks

NFL.com's Charles Davis thinks Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is better than Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

"I know a lot of people really like Ryan Nassib, I like Tyler Wilson better... I don't think either one of them has an elite gun but I've always liked what Tyler Wilson brought to the table. I like his competitiveness, I like his consistency, I think he's a better overall thrower," Davis said. He added he expects Wilson to go no later than the third round but he's "not sure" he becomes a full-time starter in the NFL. Davis also compared Wilson to Washington Redskins backup quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Mar 18 - 6:47 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks compares Utah DL Star Lotulelei to Green Bay Packers NT B.J. Raji.

The comparison is an interesting one, as Raji had issues with stamina at Boston College at times. Some have said the same about Lotulelei, but he played over 90 percent of the snaps last season at Utah. Raji went ninth overall in 2009 and barring medical issues, Lotulelei could go somewhere similar.

Mar 18 - 6:39 PM