• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Redskins Severely Overpay Stacy McGee In Free Agency

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anybody back a player for tanking the season? I love how no one is mentioning that KC wanted 60Mg in his first two years of a long term deal. Kc is greedy. Its exactly what I have been saying. Why are they putting this all on the Redskins organization? KC is being crazy with his LTD demands. Sure he can request a trade but we are not giving him away for nothing. So how is the organization wrong in this matter?

I am starting to think that you are related to Bruce Allen. You appear to be one of the few individuals on the planet backing Snyder and Allen for the most part.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think that you are related to Bruce Allen. You appear to be one of the few individuals on the planet backing Snyder and Allen for the most part.

Its the truth. Where am I wrong?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm - this is all on Cousins - huh? It came out that he would have agreed to a relatively cheap 3 yr deal last offseason and SM was in agreement. Guess who would not agree to that deal? Your heroes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm - this is all on Cousins - huh? It came out that he would have agreed to a relatively cheap 3 yr deal last offseason and SM was in agreement. Guess who would not agree to that deal? Your heroes.

Its funny how all Gm;s praised what the Redskins did last year with KC. Now its a different story. KC wants 60M in his first two years of a LTD. Are you serious? Do I even have to argue this?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the truth. Where am I wrong?

So a guy just trying to make the max amt and set himself up for life is in the wrong, yet people who try to lowball him, run the GM out of town & run smear campaigns are the good guys? Given what we are seeing now why should Cousins give some type of home town discount to remain with this mess? I don't understand your logic. If I were in his shoes I would certainly try to maximize my income - see nothing wrong with that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting 60 million is not bad. You realize that is only a million SB plus 40 mil in salary over 2 years? He isn't asking for a salary of 60 million over 2 seasons.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how all Gm;s praised what the Redskins did last year with KC. Now its a different story. KC wants 60M in his first two years of a LTD. Are you serious? Do I even have to argue this?

No - whatever - you win. Keep propping up these idiots and enjoy the dysfunction & crap that will be a part of this mess. I hope that you have a party & celebrate any draft picks - most likely there will not be much to celebrate during the actual season. Snyder probably likes sheep like you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price he is asking is to force a trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy just trying to make the max amt and set himself up for life is in the wrong, yet people who try to lowball him, run the GM out of town & run smear campaigns are the good guys? Given what we are seeing now why should Cousins give some type of home town discount to remain with this mess? I don't understand your logic. If I were in his shoes I would certainly try to maximize my income - see nothing wrong with that.

Not 60mg in the first two seasons. Get the hell out of here. That is a shakedown. Kc is not even close to a level to warrant that much money.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting 60 million is not bad. You realize that is only a million SB plus 40 mil in salary over 2 years? He isn't asking for a salary of 60 million over 2 seasons.

yes he is. 60mg in his first two seasons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine but if we get shit in return why trade him now. Let him play on the tag.

This s why I asked the other question @Dean. He doing whatever he can to get out of here, I agree with @dad he trying to force a trade, now follow the logic....if he does that to force a trade, why would he not give less than is usual effort to force a benching? It sends a message that he's not interested in playing here, got it?

There's also the possibility that he realizes right now that his play is going to suffer without Garcon and DJax. Why risk being exposed in that manner?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This s why I asked the other question @Dean. He doing whatever he can to get out of here, I agree with @dad he trying to force a trade, now follow the logic....if he does that to force a trade, why would he not give less than is usual effort to force a benching? It sends a message that he's not interested in playing here, got it?

There's also the possibility that he realizes right now that his play is going to suffer without Garcon and DJax. Why risk being exposed in that manner?

Getting benched or giving a half effort serves no point from a business standpoint. If Kirk wants to get paid on next years FA market, he will need to meet or exceed his performance from 2016. Say he has a drop off in performance and gets benched, he stands to lose millions on his next contract.

Say he balls out, the Skins win the Division and hell maybe even a playoffs game, with him having two new WRs to boot....

His contract standing just went orbital.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he is. 60mg in his first two seasons.

Dean...no he isn't. He is asking for 60 million over the first two seasons meaning Signing bonus plus 2 years of salary and that needs to equal 60 million. Please understand the difference.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean...no he isn't. He is asking for 60 million over the first two seasons meaning Signing bonus plus 2 years of salary and that needs to equal 60 million. Please understand the difference.

I thought it was straight salary.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? That isn't what was written. It is the same as Garcon. His salary this year won't be 16 million.
100% right. All you hear on Garcon is 16M in the first year, but he's not getting 16M PER year. In fact, his deal is a 5 year, 47.5M deal, averaging only 9.5M/year. When you look at the numbers, it's really a 3 year deal, paying 9.67M per year with 2 dummy years tacked on at the end.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine but if we get shit in return why trade him now. Let him play on the tag.
Considering that next year, the Skins won't be able to trade him at all, would GM deanpet21 trade Cousins for the 34th pick this year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that next year, the Skins won't be able to trade him at all, would GM deanpet21 trade Cousins for the 34th pick this year?

just got Pryor for 8m. HUGE!!!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting benched or giving a half effort serves no point from a business standpoint. If Kirk wants to get paid on next years FA market, he will need to meet or exceed his performance from 2016. Say he has a drop off in performance and gets benched, he stands to lose millions on his next contract.

Say he balls out, the Skins win the Division and hell maybe even a playoffs game, with him having two new WRs to boot....

His contract standing just went orbital.

No doubt, you could be exactly correct on this, however isn't it true that he has the option to not participate in OTA's, in fact almost everything except regular season games? That would tender (pardon the pun) a pretty severe blow to team chemistry, and send a clear message that he wants out. Granted he doesn't seem the type, but as I've said time and again, this is business.

BTW: Sorry for the delayed response.......such is life when there is a honey dew list!!

Last edited: