• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Washington Commanders Offseason Poster Survey

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, nicely done gentlemen.

We have some nice future GMs here.

I have come to the conclusion that I am apparently a clone of Vinny Cerrato...
Noooooooo!

I have become what I despise...lol

Keep me away from the front office at all cost!!

I would ruin this team...
This is a great post. I have hesitated to say it for a long time because I don't mean it in a mean spirited way. After 24 years of Dan and his Merry Men most here have adopted some of his ways when it comes to personnel or some things when it comes to personnel. You have been asking for many of the things the team needed .... we just have to get used to it.

We all need to be re-programmed into what a REAL front office would do.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great post. I have hesitated to say it for a long time because I don't mean it in a mean spirited way. After 24 years of Dan and his Merry Men most here have adopted some of his ways when it comes to personnel or some things when it comes to personnel. You have been asking for many of the things the team needed .... we just have to get used to it.

We all need to be re-programmed into what a REAL front office would do.
I know right.

My parents always said:

Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have to spend it.

We might have 100 million in cap, so what is my inclination?

Fire up Redskins One and spend it all!
The very thing I complained about for years was my gut reaction because I was conditioned to believe it. I viewed free agency as Christmas morning. I was wrong. I think I enjoyed being the offseason champs because I knew a .500 record was the best we could do.

In the words of Red from 'Shawshank"
"Hope can be a dangerous thing"

i always hoped the bloated contracts would yield wins. They didnt.

Nothing wrong with spending money, but the way Danny and Vinny did was wrong I felt.

I am more comfortable with free agency than most, but I believe Peters and Newmark will be strategic and wise. The Redskins One days are over I think.

I embrace the change and look forward to it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters or at least San Fran's history was not to spend a boat load on free agents. Mostly they used it to sign mid-level guys at lower prices.

With a new GM and HC it will be interesting to see how they handle it this year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUDGEMENT FREE thread.

If Harris and Peters call you, what do you WANT to happen? This is NOT what you THINK will happen.

Nobody here is an expert in free agency, college football, or the cap. I am not for starters!

Nobody is right or wrong here....have fun! Please don't point out IF a player will get tagged OR if a player will go in the 1st round, etc. Feel free to elaborate.

Good luck arm chair GMs!!!!!!!

1. What is your QB strategy?
A. Trade for Fields
B. Roll with Howell
C. Trade up for Caleb Williams
D. Draft a QB at 2 (Maye or Daniels)
E. Trade back from 2 and get a QB

D. Unless Patroits want to move up.

2. What is your free agent approach?
A. Aggressive...spend away!
B. Middle of the road: don't go Vinny Cerrato style, but don't sit on your hands. Be smart and leave cap space for the future.
C. Be a penny pincher: spend only what you must and not a penny over. Avoid big contracts and making a splash.

If we have 100 mil, based on my targets we will be left with 25mil. A.

3. What free agent is a "must" have? Who do we have to get?

Tee Higgins offense / if "healthy" Shaq Leonard defense

4. What non-1st rounder is a "must" have in the draft?

I wasn't able to land top rushers in my mock so Darius Robinson is a must.

5. What area/position group would you target in free agency?
Secondary, including Kurl

6. What area/position group would you target in the draft?
Pass rush/TE

7. Trades: to be or not to be...
A. Who would you trade for? (You can pass)
pass

B. Who would you trade from our team? (You can pass)

anyone except TMAC and Payne

8. BONUS:
How long do you THINK Quinn will coach here? This NOT what you WANT but THINK.
A. 1-3 years
B. 3-6 years
C. 6-10+ years
C.

Great thread!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) draft qb ( Daniel’s ) you can’t build up Howell’s trade value if people know you are replacing him . Either trade him or he is the BU

2) middle of the road
3) I have no must haves , I would target Edge ,lb and Wr
4) o/line wr and RB let the draft come to me
5)edge wr. lb
6) qb. Is a given but o/line and Wr along with LB and Te
7) no trades for maybe trade Allen or MAC
8 ) 6 yrs

You can absolutely build up value. If SH goes out and throws for 4,000 yards, 30 TDs, and 8 picks, there will be a bidding war. Just because teams know we are going to get rid of him doesn’t preclude them from having to outbid other teams.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can absolutely build up value. If SH goes out and throws for 4,000 yards, 30 TDs, and 8 picks, there will be a bidding war. Just because teams know we are going to get rid of him doesn’t preclude them from having to outbid other teams.
If he does that then he is our franchise qb and we blew the #2 overall . I am not getting into a bidding war over a one yr rental ( potentially)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with your assessment of what makes a franchise QB. That was essentially what Tua, Goff, Dak, Purdy, and Jordan Love did this season. I would go with a #2 pick over any and all of them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with your assessment of what makes a franchise QB. That was essentially what Tua, Goff, Dak, Purdy, and Jordan Love did this season. I would go with a #2 pick over any and all of them.
No. One and I repeat no one is trading anything of value for a one year rental

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. One and I repeat no one is trading anything of value for a one year rental

Who would be a one year rental?

SH would have a year left on his rookie deal but we know an extension would come with the trade.

Now, if you don’t think teams would be lining up for a 4000 yard, 30 TD, and 10 pick QB, you are crazy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be a one year rental?

SH would have a year left on his rookie deal but we know an extension would come with the trade.

Now, if you don’t think teams would be lining up for a 4000 yard, 30 TD, and 10 pick QB, you are crazy.
if he did that then why would we draft a qb ? sam is entering yr 3 of his deal . he has one year after that , the year they trade for him and he potentially is a FA after that . there are no assurances sam or his agent will sign any deals

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he did that then why would we draft a qb ? sam is entering yr 3 of his deal . he has one year after that , the year they trade for him and he potentially is a FA after that . there are no assurances sam or his agent will sign any deals

We would have already QB because SH has not done that.

I already stated he is entering year three of a four year deal.

Correct…there are no assurances. If SH were to throw for 4k, 30/10, SH would want to capitalize on that and get an extension rather than return to the bench in year 4.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have already QB because SH has not done that.

I already stated he is entering year three of a four year deal.

Correct…there are no assurances. If SH were to throw for 4k, 30/10, SH would want to capitalize on that and get an extension rather than return to the bench in year 4.
So again why would anyone give anything of value for a one year rental ? If I am Sam’s agent I would test FA rather then commit to anything .

And again why would we pass on franchise numbers by Sam ?

The truth is you can’t build up his value much if at all . The number 2 overall pick had better beat out Sam or he is a bust

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again why would anyone give anything of value for a one year rental ? If I am Sam’s agent I would test FA rather then commit to anything .

And again why would we pass on franchise numbers by Sam ?

The truth is you can’t build up his value much if at all . The number 2 overall pick had better beat out Sam or he is a bust

Because SH would still have another year before he can test FA. If he stays here, he sits the pine. If he goes elsewhere, he starts and makes big money.

If SH had the projected season in year three, making only a million dollars, and a team traded for him, offering 40 million per season with 50 mil guaranteed, going into year 4, he would jump all over that.

You are delusional if you don’t think we can build a QBs value by having the season I projected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because SH would still have another year before he can test FA. If he stays here, he sits the pine. If he goes elsewhere, he starts and makes big money.

If SH had the projected season in year three, making only a million dollars, and a team traded for him, offering 40 million per season with 50 mil guaranteed, going into year 4, he would jump all over that.

You are delusional if you don’t think we can build a QBs value by having the season I projected.
If he puts those numbers up then why draft A qb at all ?

Why not simply keep him and draft another position this year ?

He would be our franchise qb and he is younger then Daniel’s

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he puts those numbers up then why draft A qb at all ?

Why not simply keep him and draft another position this year ?

He would be our franchise qb and he is younger then Daniel’s

He would obviously put. Those numbers up after we draft a QB.

BC you can’t pass up the QBs in this draft in hopes SH will improve.

Nope…he would be a QB who put up great numbers because of the situation he was put in. He would have one year left and Maye/Daniels would have four left.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would obviously put. Those numbers up after we draft a QB.

BC you can’t pass up the QBs in this draft in hopes SH will improve.

Nope…he would be a QB who put up great numbers because of the situation he was put in. He would have one year left and Maye/Daniels would have four left.
Doesn’t matter , if he is a franchise qb as those numbers suggest you don’t worry about a contract

You can’t just throw out 30 to 8 and 4000yds and not see that already right now in him nor do you assume Daniel’s or Maye will do as well ,You either commit to the rookies or you commit to Sam and you start the guy you think is better

And if you think the rookies are better then Sam then what makes you think they are giving up anything of value for an non franchise qb on a one year deal when you get him and then pay him in a yr ?

Either Sam is our guy right now or he isn’t and if he is you don’t draft a qb at 2 overall

If he isn’t then you might get a late round pick for the career backup or the placeholder qb