• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Kirk has done nothing to deserve the contract he is asking for IMO. Now before you or anybody else chimes in talking about "market value" and "worth" and "One time Pro Bowl QB"..blah blah blah, let me admit, he is a good QB, worth some good money, but not elite, not sure he ever will be.

No one player is bigger than the organization. The Skins have been there before Kirk and they will be there when he is gone. Sure, there have been some major mess-ups by the FO in this whole debacle, and I don't necessarily think Kirk has done wrong in many instances, but KC and his camp have drawn a line in the sand that he feels is the floor. Admittedly so has Bruce (ceiling).

Now, I don't give a shit about tag numbers this year and next..what he is supposed to paid this year + 2 years on top of that ...blah blah blah. KC and his camp has said that our number is A, the FO has said our number is C, and its BOTH of their faults that they cannot get to number B. BOTH parties faults. Neither side has tried hard enough. Now what number is more realistic and fair for both parties ... that's subjective and up for debate (we've been doing it ad nauseum for months now. Both parties have the right to dig their feets in the sand and have obviously done so.. As Stymie pointed out perfectly, the Washington Redskins franchise is a business. Kirk Cousins LLC is a contractor. It isn't personal as some of you make it out to be. Which leads me to my next post....

Frankly, I don't personally give two shits about Kirk Cousins, Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, RG3, or any other of the rest of 'em that I don't personally know. I have admitted multiple times that even though I'm not sure he has accomplished enough to be the highest paid QB in the game, that KC has been lowballed (per the market). Simply put, there have been things that haven't been done right by the FO. But, as idiotic as I am sure you think I am, I tend to see the other side, the FO side, of things too. If I was the boss of the company, and some young hot shot had done very good job for me for a TWO year, and then walked up into MY office DEMANDING more money when I felt he was being paid very very well to begin with...or he would walk. I would probably have a little bit of a problem with that.

I don't think I am bias ... just looking at both sides of the story. There are certainly things that the FO could have done better, but if you are buying that KC and his camp aren't playing their game a little bit too, then you are naive.

If that makes me bias..then so be it. I admit it. I sacked up...

Now, Are you going to admit that you may be bias to a fault as well?? That anything that anyone in the FO does that doesn't agree with what YOU think is the right thing to do, are complete and utter fucking idiots. Last I checked they are getting paid BIG money to make BIG decisions in that organization. Some have been doing it for a long time, and with some ups and downs wrt the success they have had in different places.
VT, I get what you are saying. I am not a KC nut hugger, I am a Redskin nut hugger (and probably a moron at this point). But being all in for the Redskins, I don't see any realistic options for this team at the most important position other than KC. Would I prefer they not have to pay him 25+M for the next 5 years so they could use that money on strengthening other weaknesses on the team? Of course. And they had a chance to do just that last year. They could have signed KC last year for what is now a huge bargain. But Bruce Allen failed to see the landscape for the QB position and what was happening with salaries. Why I have no idea, all one had to do was see what Oswieler and Glennon signed for and look ahead and see that the Raiders QB and the Lions QB were both working on extension and do some basic extrapolations. He fucked up. Plain and simple.

We can debate if KC is a good, very good or elite QB. But the fact is he can lead a team to wins in this league. He can lead a team to the playoffs. In all intents and purposes, he has done it the last 2 years. I understand that they didn't make the playoffs last year, but if the defense could have held detriot for one fucking minute or the Kicker made a chip shot FG against the Bengals, they are in the playoffs in 2016. Those were not KC's fault. I see no one available to the Redskins, either as a FA or in the draft, that we can make that same claim about with certainty.

So through FO mismanagement, we are now in a position where we have to pay top dollar to retain our QB. To expect KC to offer a home team discount is ridiculous. Especially after the latest dumbass statement by Allen. SO I believe it is better to pay for a proven QB, who still has flaws to overcome but can win, for a long shot in the dark in the draft. Oh, and what they should have paid him this year to lock him up will seem like a bargain next year after Stafford, Rogers, and Brees all sign new deals. Unfortunately those will be the benchmarks for any new KC contracts no matter who he signs with. SO once again, this team is being penny wise and pound foolish and it will ultimately set the team back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT, I get what you are saying. I am not a KC nut hugger, I am a Redskin nut hugger (and probably a moron at this point). But being all in for the Redskins, I don't see any realistic options for this team at the most important position other than KC. Would I prefer they not have to pay him 25+M for the next 5 years so they could use that money on strengthening other weaknesses on the team? Of course. And they had a chance to do just that last year. They could have signed KC last year for what is now a huge bargain. But Bruce Allen failed to see the landscape for the QB position and what was happening with salaries. Why I have no idea, all one had to do was see what Oswieler and Glennon signed for and look ahead and see that the Raiders QB and the Lions QB were both working on extension and do some basic extrapolations. He fucked up. Plain and simple.

We can debate if KC is a good, very good or elite QB. But the fact is he can lead a team to wins in this league. He can lead a team to the playoffs. In all intents and purposes, he has done it the last 2 years. I understand that they didn't make the playoffs last year, but if the defense could have held detriot for one fucking minute or the Kicker made a chip shot FG against the Bengals, they are in the playoffs in 2016. Those were not KC's fault. I see no one available to the Redskins, either as a FA or in the draft, that we can make that same claim about with certainty.

So through FO mismanagement, we are now in a position where we have to pay top dollar to retain our QB. To expect KC to offer a home team discount is ridiculous. Especially after the latest dumbass statement by Allen. SO I believe it is better to pay for a proven QB, who still has flaws to overcome but can win, for a long shot in the dark in the draft. Oh, and what they should have paid him this year to lock him up will seem like a bargain next year after Stafford, Rogers, and Brees all sign new deals. Unfortunately those will be the benchmarks for any new KC contracts no matter who he signs with. SO once again, this team is being penny wise and pound foolish and it will ultimately set the team back.

let me add you could trade for the 35 yr old phillip rivers and pay 22 mil per season plus players resources or draft picks .

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps you should take your own advice . over and over again i told you that proposals were being made and you insisted on trying to get me to call KC a liar instead of him simply taking the high road . if you want i can quote them , wont take me very long too. . common sense dictated that my position had to be correct however you werent sold . only after indisputable evidence that comes forth are you ready to concede that my position was correct .

i used good english . i did my best with the grammar , but somehow either by bias or gullibility you wanted to buy that crap . where was all this stuff about taking breaths yesterday ? out too lunch i bet

you didnt want to smoke a peace pipe with me yesterday now did you ? you want whats best for the franchise ? open your eyes , learn about contracts and market value . learn the whole history of these negotiations , and then maybe we can figure out what best for the franchise

dad, I will respectfully say that I don't believe I "insisted" you call KC a liar. I only asked if you thought KC lied, which I don't believe he did.

Please go ahead, and post any quote where I said to you that I "insisted on trying to get me to call KC a liar" and, I will certainly apologize. I've made mistakes, and have been wrong before. I just don't have the energy you do, to dig that stuff up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, I will respectfully say that I don't believe I "insisted" you call KC a liar. I only asked if you thought KC lied, which I don't believe he did.

Please go ahead, and post any quote where I said to you that I "insisted on trying to get me to call KC a liar" and, I will certainly apologize. I've made mistakes, and have been wrong before. I just don't have the energy you do, to dig that stuff up.
perhaps i am wrong , but i thought you asked me that question several times . now i could be confused about the questions and who did what so my use of the word insisting was could very well be way off base

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to count me as one of the Kirk Cousins "haters" or "dislike him" crowd I'm good with that. Just make damned sure that the characterization is in line with my actual reasons for taking this position.

While a pretty good QB, his public persona is quite frankly sickening. That good ole' boy, aw shucks mid-western BS just doesn't fit with the guy who like his peers, ventures into locker rooms and comes out smiling, persona intact. I've mentioned this as far back as 2015 and I'll continue to do this especially with the added knowledge that the business side of him is as ruthless as the BS public imagery. Most of us have already either bought the product or reluctantly accepted the watered down version of the game, if you're trying to sell an already well over-hyped position AND the upstanding "American" hero shit....count me out!! You don't do it for Tyler Catalina, don't do it for Kirk! Who the fuck is Tyler Catalina?........Exactly!! (Just insert Kirk Cousins to get the same question from me)

Don't get me wrong as some here have, this is NOT a KIRK thing for me I don't limit my dislike of NFL QB's to him, he just happens to be the current one on my hometown team. Anyone who has read anything that I've posted on Pussy Manning and his game destroying fuckin' family will know what I speak of.

As an avid lover of the defensive side of the ball, my old ass, will never forgive the league and the Manning family in particular, for what it's done to a once great game. The games are difficult to watch and outside of home team, play-offs and SB games, I rarely watch this poor product.

Over-hyping, over-paying and centering the game on a position that has been reduced to essentially playing catch doesn't sit well with me. This is why I can't stomach the notion that the QB is STILL the most important position in the game. You take your "Elite" QB and suspect team and pit them against my team with a great O-line, dominating Defense and average QB who has learned what it takes NOT to lose games, then watch me hoist that Lombardi year after year and you'll soon realize what's more important. Amazing that there are Washington Fans, who, after 3 SB teams using that exact same formula, still can't get this!!

With a dedicated GM, something that we also have NOT had in 20 years, is, in the end, why I answer the question that @Shark and others ask with the same answer.......Sty, do you honestly believe that Kirk Cousins can be easily replaced?.....Yep!! (If you want to talk about 2012, I'm game)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to count me as one of the Kirk Cousins "haters" or "dislike him" crowd I'm good with that. Just make damned sure that the characterization is in line with my actual reasons for taking this position.

While a pretty good QB, his public persona is quite frankly sickening. That good ole' boy, aw shucks mid-western BS just doesn't fit with the guy who like his peers, ventures into locker rooms and comes out smiling, persona intact. I've mentioned this as far back as 2015 and I'll continue to do this especially with the added knowledge that the business side of him is as ruthless as the BS public imagery. Most of us have already either bought the product or reluctantly accepted the watered down version of the game, if you're trying to sell an already well over-hyped position AND the upstanding "American" hero shit....count me out!! You don't do it for Tyler Catalina, don't do it for Kirk! Who the fuck is Tyler Catalina?........Exactly!! (Just insert Kirk Cousins to get the same question from me)

Don't get me wrong as some here have, this is NOT a KIRK thing for me I don't limit my dislike of NFL QB's to him, he just happens to be the current one on my hometown team. Anyone who has read anything that I've posted on Pussy Manning and his game destroying fuckin' family will know what I speak of.

As an avid lover of the defensive side of the ball, my old ass, will never forgive the league and the Manning family in particular, for what it's done to a once great game. The games are difficult to watch and outside of home team, play-offs and SB games, I rarely watch this poor product.

Over-hyping, over-paying and centering the game on a position that has been reduced to essentially playing catch doesn't sit well with me. This is why I can't stomach the notion that the QB is STILL the most important position in the game. You take your "Elite" QB and suspect team and pit them against my team with a great O-line, dominating Defense and average QB who has learned what it takes NOT to lose games, then watch me hoist that Lombardi year after year and you'll soon realize what's more important. Amazing that there are Washington Fans, who, after 3 SB teams using that exact same formula, still can't get this!!

With a dedicated GM, something that we also have NOT had in 20 years, is, in the end, why I answer the question that @Shark and others ask with the same answer.......Sty, do you honestly believe that Kirk Cousins can be easily replaced?.....Yep!! (If you want to talk about 2012, I'm game)

Different game...different era.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different game...different era.

@Stymietee

I'm not sure what you mean by "That good ole' boy, aw shucks mid-western BS just doesn't fit with the guy who like his peers, ventures into locker rooms and comes out smiling, persona intact."

Can you explain a bit more about your thought here?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole' dude watching!

Yep. And football of today is different than the early 90s which is different from the 60s. Football today is different because of the rules. The rules are different because of the players. The players are different because of science.

If you put the players of today, against the players of the 90s, the 90s players would get slaughtered...literally.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

I'm not sure what you mean by "That good ole' boy, aw shucks mid-western BS just doesn't fit with the guy who like his peers, ventures into locker rooms and comes out smiling, persona intact."

Can you explain a bit more about your thought here?

Sure, It's an NFL and grown man thing.... Anyone who's ever been in a locker room (and I have been in many) know that there are things done and said there that not only would make Hugh Hefner blush, but also test your worthiness as a man. I'm 100% sure that the locker room Kirk is not the public Kirk and that shit yells phony with me. Why?

Well, this is where the grown man thing comes into play. To me any age appropriate male who can't say the things that he says and does around "the guys"..... in every other forum, is a coward. Worse, he lies to himself. Say what you mean and mean what you say. That whole "I just want to feel wanted" and other BS when getting paid 20 and now 24M is crap. Man the fuck up and say what's really on his mind. We all know what that is, and interestingly enough, in as much as I wish for Bruce Allen's dismissal, he didn't seem to have a problem kicking Kirk in the nuts. Kirk can go sell that fake assed modesty shit somewhere where they're buying it. I'm not the one. He's a football player, one of the leading members of the gang, soft is the very last thing that his teammates want from him. Pretty sure they too know of the many faces of one Kirk Cousins.

So let me ask you....What are your thoughts on a so called "man" who says one thing and then contradicts himself depending on where he is?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And football of today is different than the early 90s which is different from the 60s. Football today is different because of the rules. The rules are different because of the players. The players are different because of science.

If you put the players of today, against the players of the 90s, the 90s players would get slaughtered...literally.

Already said that it's nearly unwatchable. What more do you want?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, It's an NFL and grown man thing.... Anyone who's ever been in a locker room (and I have been in many) know that there are things done and said there that not only would make Hugh Hefner blush, but also test your worthiness as a man. I'm 100% sure that the locker room Kirk is not the public Kirk and that shit yells phony with me. Why?

Well, this is where the grown man thing comes into play. To me any age appropriate male who can't say the things that he says and does around "the guys"..... in every other forum, is a coward. Worse, he lies to himself. Say what you mean and mean what you say. That whole "I just want to feel wanted" and other BS when getting paid 20 and now 24M is crap. Man the fuck up and say what's really on his mind. We all know what that is, and interestingly enough, in as much as I wish for Bruce Allen's dismissal, he didn't seem to have a problem kicking Kirk in the nuts. Kirk can go sell that fake assed modesty shit somewhere where they're buying it. I'm not the one. He's a football player, one of the leading members of the gang, soft is the very last thing that his teammates want from him. Pretty sure they too know of the many faces of one Kirk Cousins.

So let me ask you....What are your thoughts on a so called "man" who says one thing and then contradicts himself depending on where he is?

My thoughts are he is intelligent enough not to put himself in a position to hurt his family. KUDOs.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are he is intelligent enough not to put himself in a position to hurt his family. KUDOs.

So Hypocrisy in today's world = Intelligence. I'm 63 and probably have only another 137 to 237 years to live, you'll never, ever, convince me of that. Say what you mean and mean what you say then you'll never put yourself in a position that actually hurts your family.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hypocrisy in today's world = Intelligence. I'm 63 and probably have only another 137 to 237 years to live, you'll never, ever, convince me of that. Say what you mean and mean what you say then you'll never put yourself in a position that actually hurts your family.

Hypocrisy it is not.

Saying one thing in public because you are in the public eye, something that could spell the end of your career, hurts your family and your team. KC is still a Redskin. They are his employer. What happens when you speak out against your employer in public?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy it is not.

Saying one thing in public because you are in the public eye, something that could spell the end of your career, hurts your family and your team. KC is still a Redskin. They are his employer. What happens when you speak out against your employer in public?

Nothing happens to me because first I'm retired and second I have a skill that makes me independent. Even if I would have had an employer who thought that his/her ass could treat me in a certain way without a like response would have been sorely mistaken. Too many people take the same position that you just outlined. It's sad really and in part the reason why, big money, corporations and even government fail "their" people.

In as far as Kirk is concerned, he not only commands the lions share of the leverage but also most of the public support. You really don't believe that Dan or Bruce have that benefit of doubt that everyone would give Kirk do you?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypocrisy it is not.

It makes the generic you a coward...period. If you don't command a dictionary like word reference, an encyclopedic memory and or the inability to express yourself in a manner that gets your point across without being vulgar or grossly obtuse, that's not my problem. I will call a phony out on it though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing happens to me because first I'm retired and second I have a skill that makes me independent. Even if I would have had an employer who thought that his/her ass could treat me in a certain way without a like response would have been sorely mistaken. Too many people take the same position that you just outlined. It's sad really and in part the reason why, big money, corporations and even government fail "their" people.

In as far as Kirk is concerned, he not only commands the lions share of the leverage but also most of the public support. You really don't believe that Dan or Bruce have that benefit of doubt that everyone would give Kirk do you?

Congratulations. KC doesn't have that luxury. KC is a football player. If he calls out his current employer, his current employer benches him. What does that do to his next contract? Does he get black-balled? The public doesn't pay his salary.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations. KC doesn't have that luxury. KC is a football player. If he calls out his current employer, his current employer benches him. What does that do to his next contract? Does he get black-balled? The public doesn't pay his salary.

Kirk does have that luxury, he's already a millionaire. How much would you say that it takes for a man to actually be a man?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. You think money defines a man. That there is a number.

That is for KC to decide.

Speaking of reading comprehension....I've said (actually written) nothing that leads you to this conclusion. In fact, I've stated clearly that you don't need money to stand firmly on two feet. It was YOU who injected fear of an employer...continued employment, not I. My question was to YOU based upon that notion. As a reminder here's what you have said/asked. Take note of the fear that you subscribe to.