• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports and ESPN has Marvin Harrison Jr as the best prospect in the NFL Draft. Do you agree?

Basic Information
- 21 years old. Will turn 22 in August.
- 6'4, 205 pounds.
- Marvin Harrison is his father. Hall of Fame wide receiver. Played for the Indianapolis Colts and was Peyton Manning's BFF.
- Went to Ohio State for college.
- Won the Biletnikoff Award in 2023
- Finished 4th in the Heisman Trophy voting in 2023.
- In his last two seasons (25 starts), he had 2,356 receiving yards, 29 touchdowns, and averaged 16.9 yards per reception.
- Projected to go in the Top 5

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks awesome, but for what team is the question. He could probably improve some offenses, but most of the bad ones that have a chance at picking him have many needs as well as WR. He’ll fly off the board … top 3 pick?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks awesome, but for what team is the question. He could probably improve some offenses, but most of the bad ones that have a chance at picking him have many needs as well as WR. He’ll fly off the board … top 3 pick?
I bet Justin Fields is lobbying for him. Not because he's an Ohio State guy, but because it would be an offensive weapon he could throw to. My quarterback Josh Allen, became elite when they got Stefan Diggs.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly an argument for it if you ignore position value.
Even if you don't. A WR who's a legit threat on a quick crossing pattern and also stretching the field can be just as valuable to a QB as a left tackle.

Reactions: DJ

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you don't. A WR who's a legit threat on a quick crossing pattern and also stretching the field can be just as valuable to a QB as a left tackle.
I think he needs to go to a team that can help him deliver on his talent. If not it would be a drag for him.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on your status. If you don't have a quarterback AND feel there's a Patrick Mahomes / Josh Allen / Lamar Jackson / Jalen Hurts available, then you go for them first. Harrison Jr. is a perfect weapon for your offense. Great size. Great speed. Great hands. You want to throw the deep ball, he's always open. Passing on Harrison Jr is like passing on Michael Irvin or Justin Jefferson or Jerry Rice.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on your status. If you don't have a quarterback AND feel there's a Patrick Mahomes / Josh Allen / Lamar Jackson / Jalen Hurts available, then you go for them first. Harrison Jr. is a perfect weapon for your offense. Great size. Great speed. Great hands. You want to throw the deep ball, he's always open. Passing on Harrison Jr is like passing on Michael Irvin or Justin Jefferson or Jerry Rice.
You don't pass on an elite QB prospect for him, but as soon as those are gone....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears might have 2 picks early in the draft. I can see them taking him number 1 and giving Fields another weapon. Then drafting OL with the second first round pick.
Agree, think Bears would be negligent in not picking him, then other positions to beef up the offense.Not sure they need to draft a QB with first picks.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks about as good as Rome

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 4 or 5 game changer WRs in this draft. Harrison is a blue chip prospect all the way and will likely be the first off the board somewhere in the top 5. It's really that simple. But if a team doesn't have a viable QB, it's a waste of a pick. And a lot of teams are in need of a QB., among other things. Everything hinges on what the Bears decide to do regarding Fields. THat is the first domino that has to fall and a lot of things can and will happen before then.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take fail.
We get one of these every year, it seems. A lot of teams do but whatever. Never seen this dude on our boards or anywhere else and comes in with a bunch of hot takes. Fwiw. Odunze is a beast, especially on contested catches but I think he's rated as maybe the 4th or 5th WR on most mocks and draft boards right now. Likely due to the PAC12 having so many crappy defenses, especially the secondaries. It's also why the QBs have question marks. We won't know anything until the actual draft but we will see how a lot of these kids fare in the pros. It isn't as easy against grown ass men.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, think Bears would be negligent in not picking him, then other positions to beef up the offense.Not sure they need to draft a QB with first picks.
We will see how the Bears finished the season. The Bears could very well pick Harrison as their top pick, and then draft a QB in the 2-7 round. The QB class is pretty stacked. We could see 9 QBs drafted within the first 100 picks. If I were the Bears and there are no red flags during the draft process, I would say Harrison is the obvious pick for them.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get one of these every year, it seems. A lot of teams do but whatever. Never seen this dude on our boards or anywhere else and comes in with a bunch of hot takes. Fwiw. Odunze is a beast, especially on contested catches but I think he's rated as maybe the 4th or 5th WR on most mocks and draft boards right now. Likely due to the PAC12 having so many crappy defenses, especially the secondaries. It's also why the QBs have question marks. We won't know anything until the actual draft but we will see how a lot of these kids fare in the pros. It isn't as easy against grown ass men.
After the National Championship game, I plan on doing my annual NFL Draft Prospects by position. I am starting it slightly early, so we can get the cream of the crop out of the door first. Who knows, we might not think Harrison Jr is WR1.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen Odunze play and I like him a bunch as a prospect. That being said, Harrison is on a level by himself. I think dude is just Fan Boi-ing a player on his favorite college team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the National Championship game, I plan on doing my annual NFL Draft Prospects by position. I am starting it slightly early, so we can get the cream of the crop out of the door first. Who knows, we might not think Harrison Jr is WR1.
Yeah, the CFP and NC are going to be big keys in assessing some of these kids. If Penix and Odunze light up Texas and then either Bama or Michigan, their draft stock will likely go up dramatically, imo. Conversely, if they get totally shut down, it will hurt their stock.