• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Tight End Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight ends are pretty important. In this year's Super Bowl, we had two great ones. Here are the top 5 tight ends, according to CBS Sports and ESPN.

1. Brock Bowers, Georgia - 6'4, 240 pounds
2. Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas - 6'4, 243 pounds
3. Cade Stover, Ohio State - 6'4, 251 pounds
4. Theo Johnson, Penn State - 6'6, 260 pounds
5. Ben Sinnott, Kansas State - 6'4, 245 pounds

At the moment, Bowers is projected to go in the top ten. Sanders is expected to go in the 2nd round. Stover, Johnson, and Sinnot are projected to go between the 3rd and 5th round.

Click here to view the thread on Bowers. Erick All and Jahiem Bell could very well sneak into 2nd or 3rd round discussions.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is gonna make someone pretty happy by year 2 or 3. I just hate that he won't be available when the Chiefs pick.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'Tavion Sanders
- 20 years old. Will be 21 in March.
- Played for Texas between 2021 and 2023
- First-Team All-Big-12 in 2022 and 2023
- In his last 27 games, he had 7 touchdowns and 1,295 receiving yards

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Iowa’s Erick All as a blocking te at the next level and would love to see Philly spend a later selection on a guy like that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight ends are pretty important. In this year's Super Bowl, we had two great ones. Here are the top 5 tight ends, according to CBS Sports and ESPN.

1. Brock Bowers, Georgia - 6'4, 240 pounds
2. Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas - 6'4, 243 pounds
3. Cade Stover, Ohio State - 6'4, 251 pounds
4. Theo Johnson, Penn State - 6'6, 260 pounds
5. Ben Sinnott, Kansas State - 6'4, 245 pounds

At the moment, Bowers is projected to go in the top ten. Sanders is expected to go in the 2nd round. Stover, Johnson, and Sinnot are projected to go between the 3rd and 5th round.

Click here to view the thread on Bowers. Erick All and Jahiem Bell could very well sneak into 2nd or 3rd round discussions.
I get why Sinnott is ranked low. TE is a traits-based position in the NFL and he is a slow bruiser. That said, best I could tell he was the best player on K State and they had a good team. Seems like one of those mid round players that should actually make it in the NFL but wont make anyone's fantasy team.

I will say its weird to see Bowers, Sanders and Sinnott at basically the same size. Sinnott looks stronger and slower than the other two.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Sinnott is ranked low. TE is a traits-based position in the NFL and he is a slow bruiser. That said, best I could tell he was the best player on K State and they had a good team. Seems like one of those mid round players that should actually make it in the NFL but wont make anyone's fantasy team.

I will say its weird to see Bowers, Sanders and Sinnott at basically the same size. Sinnott looks stronger and slower than the other two.

Bell is 6'2 and likely more of a gadget player, will be interesting to see who drafts him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is going to profit off a pretty weak draft class (outside of QB/WR early on) for not only tight ends but just more important positions in general and the fact that both SBOWL teams had the two best tight ends in the game. Sanders should sneak into the 2nd round but I dunno if I see any of the rest of those guys going prior to round 4.

That said, you look at like Kyle Pitts and he really hasn't produced much although he's playing with a shit QB. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dallas tries to make a move on Bowers if he falls out of the top 10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, you look at like Kyle Pitts and he really hasn't produced much although he's playing with a shit QB. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dallas tries to make a move on Bowers if he falls out of the top 10.
I do wonder how much the QB matters with Pitts. I haven't watched enough games to know but if the Chiefs threw a 2nd round pick at Atlanta for Pitts, on a scale of 1-10 how scared would the league be?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder how much the QB matters with Pitts. I haven't watched enough games to know but if the Chiefs threw a 2nd round pick at Atlanta for Pitts, on a scale of 1-10 how scared would the league be?
Eh the Falcons have a good trio with London/Pitts/Robinson.. they just desperately need a QB. I doubt the Falcons are going to let him go for a 2nd round pick (which would be basically an early 3rd) especially because he's still cheap and they have the 5th year option. They'd have to give up 2 1sts easily given he's still cheap for two years.

Pitts did put up 1,000+ yards his rookie year but he had Ryan who was far more competent than Ridder... sure the thought of that on the Chiefs is frightening, but so are most talented positional players. Hell throw DK Metcalf on the Chiefs and he'd probably put up 1,700 yards and 15+ TDs (and that you could probably get for the Chiefs' 1st - which is basically an early 2nd). He was missed about 5 times this year for 50+ yard plays that would've been a TD where he was wide open lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh the Falcons have a good trio with London/Pitts/Robinson.. they just desperately need a QB. I doubt the Falcons are going to let him go for a 2nd round pick (which would be basically an early 3rd) especially because he's still cheap and they have the 5th year option. They'd have to give up 2 1sts easily given he's still cheap for two years.

Pitts did put up 1,000+ yards his rookie year but he had Ryan who was far more competent than Ridder... sure the thought of that on the Chiefs is frightening, but so are most talented positional players. Hell throw DK Metcalf on the Chiefs and he'd probably put up 1,700 yards and 15+ TDs (and that you could probably get for the Chiefs' 1st - which is basically an early 2nd). He was missed about 5 times this year for 50+ yard plays that would've been a TD where he was wide open lol.
Well, when you say Pitts is still worth 2 1sts then that tells me he is a really good football player on a bad team. Circle back to Bowers and maybe the idea of a TE high doesn't hurt his draft stock for teams that have a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you say Pitts is still worth 2 1sts then that tells me he is a really good football player on a bad team. Circle back to Bowers and maybe the idea of a TE high doesn't hurt his draft stock for teams that have a QB.

Maybe.... but a lot of those earlier teams need QBs lol, who are unproven. I think that's why a lot of people have the Chargers taking him because Herbert is proven.... although IMO they could use a WR more than a TE and Odunze/Nabors will be available unless the Cardinals fuck it up somehow and don't take Harrison Jr.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.... but a lot of those earlier teams need QBs lol, who are unproven. I think that's why a lot of people have the Chargers taking him because Herbert is proven.... although IMO they could use a WR more than a TE and Odunze/Nabors will be available unless the Cardinals fuck it up somehow and don't take Harrison Jr.
I'd have a really hard time seeing Bowers going before Nabers or Odunze, too. The ability to get separation and/or stack a CB on the outside is scarce. You also have last year which wasn't seen as a good outside WR class and next year which isnt seen as a good QB class and thats going to impact how teams draft this year. The Chargers are the one team where that doesnt apply so I think thats why Bowers keeps popping up there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Nabors edges out Bowers for the Chargers, but you never know with Harbaugh in LA now. He's always had quality TEs. WR is deep, so they could still get good value in the 2nd.

Bowers has elite college production; the only potential nitpick is his size (6'4 240) IMO.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is the best college TE I’ve ever seen, he was an absolute monster with the Dawgs. I could see him going at #5 to the Chargers, I definitely think he‘ll go in the top half of the first round.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have a really hard time seeing Bowers going before Nabers or Odunze, too. The ability to get separation and/or stack a CB on the outside is scarce. You also have last year which wasn't seen as a good outside WR class and next year which isnt seen as a good QB class and thats going to impact how teams draft this year. The Chargers are the one team where that doesnt apply so I think thats why Bowers keeps popping up there.

Well Odunze doesn't get very good separation... but he's the best contested throw receiver in College. He's Golden Tate with size. Basically if you see him 1 on 1 with 3+ inches on a DB, you chuck the ball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Odunze doesn't get very good separation... but he's the best contested throw receiver in College. He's Golden Tate with size. Basically if you see him 1 on 1 with 3+ inches on a DB, you chuck the ball.

Keenan Allen is a decent comp too.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen is a decent comp too.

True. I would have to imagine the Chargers are going to let Allen walk though. He had a good season but $34M when they can save $20M+ right now by letting him walk.... I have to imagine they'll do it. Mack is probably gone too... I mean they did draft Johnson so maybe that takes over...

Dunno, the more I talk through it, maybe it does make sense for the Chargers to snag Bowers. The WR class is fairly deep, they could always snag a compliment by moving around with their early 2nd.

I guess if the Chargers don't take Bowers, I could see Bowers slide a bit. MAYBE the Giants but meh (they need a WR, Odunze or Nabers will be there)? After that quite a few of the teams drafting have tight ends already (Vegas already invested quite a bit in tight ends), or desperately need OL help which is there.

I usually lean to WalterFootball who has Bowers going #5 to the Chargers, but I think PFF (has him going to the Bengals or to other teams like the Colts or even Seahawks (all their TEs are basically gone after this year)) is more realistic. I've mentioned that to other Seahawks fans and they've all groaned, but if Seattle was going BPA (which they've done the last 2 years) and Bowers is there at 16, it's what it is.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is going to profit off a pretty weak draft class (outside of QB/WR early on) for not only tight ends but just more important positions in general and the fact that both SBOWL teams had the two best tight ends in the game. Sanders should sneak into the 2nd round but I dunno if I see any of the rest of those guys going prior to round 4.

Herbert is going to love Bowers. No excuses for the Chargers.

New coach.
Plenty of weapons, although I think Mike Williams is gone.
Keenan, Johnston, Bowers...I wonder if Ekeler is out.

They need to work on that defense in FA and the rest of the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is going to love Bowers. No excuses for the Chargers.

New coach.
Plenty of weapons, although I think Mike Williams is gone.
Keenan, Johnston, Bowers...I wonder if Ekeler is out.

They need to work on that defense in FA and the rest of the draft.

Unless Allen restructurers or extends, there is no f'ing way he is kept on that roster. I literally don't think the Chargers can make it work without restructuring every other fuckin' player on the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I would have to imagine the Chargers are going to let Allen walk though. He had a good season but $34M when they can save $20M+ right now by letting him walk.... I have to imagine they'll do it. Mack is probably gone too... I mean they did draft Johnson so maybe that takes over...

Dunno, the more I talk through it, maybe it does make sense for the Chargers to snag Bowers. The WR class is fairly deep, they could always snag a compliment by moving around with their early 2nd.

I guess if the Chargers don't take Bowers, I could see Bowers slide a bit. MAYBE the Giants but meh (they need a WR, Odunze or Nabers will be there)? After that quite a few of the teams drafting have tight ends already (Vegas already invested quite a bit in tight ends), or desperately need OL help which is there.

I usually lean to WalterFootball who has Bowers going #5 to the Chargers, but I think PFF (has him going to the Bengals or to other teams like the Colts or even Seahawks (all their TEs are basically gone after this year)) is more realistic. I've mentioned that to other Seahawks fans and they've all groaned, but if Seattle was going BPA (which they've done the last 2 years) and Bowers is there at 16, it's what it is.
Keenan says he loves the Chargers. I think they can cut enough guys to keep Keenan one more year.

Mike Williams is an easy cut and Bosa on the block. You have to think Mack might be gone too.
Mack $38M - $15M dead
Bosa $36M
Keenan $35M - $12M dead
Williams $32M - 12M dead