• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a forever optimist, but I don't see sanctions being anything more than a slap on the wrist. They throw a heavy fine at Michigan, take away a few scholarships is about all I see. Harbaugh already sat out 6 games this season.

I think Michigan will do itself some good in this matter if they can win it all on Monday. If they can win that game, IMO, the last thing the NCAA wants to do is immediately strip their national championship team of their title. Again, I'm biased, but I really don't worry about the NCAA coming down hard on Michigan. The NCAA is already on the edge of becoming irrelevant with these newly formed conferences and I don't see them wanting to make a big splash right now.

If they do come down hard, Harbaugh is most definitely gone. It would also likely kill Michigan football for 3+ years too (depending on what coach they can get to take over). I just don't see the NCAA doing it.

I can't see them coming down too hard, as so many teams could be caught for similar violations. I'm wondering if anything further comes of it whatsoever at this point.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's tough to project since he isn't asked to do much. Their team relies on the run game and defense so heavily that he's an afterthought.

I suspect that on Monday they will just try to use their offensive line and run the ball 70%+ times. If Washington comes out gunning and has some success, they may have to change that strategy. If they do run it that much, JJ will likely not be able to showcase himself much.

If JJ is set on going to the NFL, the combine will likely have to be the vehicle that takes him to the top part of the first round in my opinion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Brugler compares him to a skinny Larry Fitzgerald.
Nate Tice compares him to Art Monk.

Base expectation seems to be Hall of Fame player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know this always happens in every sport but not a fan of comparing a kid who's yet to catch a pass to HOF wr's.

Hope he can live up to the expectations. I'll be rooting for him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this always happens in every sport but not a fan of comparing a kid who's yet to catch a pass to HOF wr's.

Hope he can live up to the expectations. I'll be rooting for him.
Its generally the nature of being a top 5 pick. If you dont make at least 3 all pros and you aren't a QB then either the expectation is that the player got hurt or their was a logical issue in the scouting process and that player becomes a cautionary tale.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its generally the nature of being a top 5 pick. If you dont make at least 3 all pros and you aren't a QB then either the expectation is that the player got hurt or their was a logical issue in the scouting process and that player because a cautionary tale.

I agree with you.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unfair to compare college kid to a hofer and a potential one.h,s good,but has,nt caught an NFL pass yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfair to compare college kid to a hofer and a potential one.h,s good,but has,nt caught an NFL pass yet.
Sure but you should have high expectations out of high draft picks. Thats how drafting works.

All I know is that I don't think its smart for any team to trade up into the top 4 because Harrisons' value likely inflates the value of whatever pick he is seen to go (probably pick 4. maybe pick 3)

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but you should have high expectations out of high draft picks. Thats how drafting works.

All I know is that I don't think its smart for any team to trade up into the top 4 because Harrisons' value likely inflates the value of whatever pick he is seen to go (probably pick 4. maybe pick 3)
he,s pretty damn good