• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that someone would even remotely put Odunze and Harrison in the same category. Harrison is the most overall talented player in the draft, Odunze is a good, but there isn’t a NFL team he could go to and be one of the top 2 guys off the bat.
You are crazy if you don't think he's the number 2 (or better) on any NFL teams... he would easily be the #2 on the team most talked about in this thread (Chicago).

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some Penix game film on YouTube, which of course included Odunze heavily. I didn't see a lot of separation in the game I watched (first gave vs Oregon). That's just one game though. Penix and Odunze definitely have a shared trust though. I've only watched highlights of LSU thus far, but I saw a lot of separation with Nabers and Thomas Jr.

These prospects getting drafted early are almost guaranteed to be on weak teams, unfortunately for them. Unless of course someone makes a big move up to rescue them. If Harrison goes to the Cards, at least he has Kyler to get him the ball. In Chicago, he would have Fields; with the Giants he would have Jones.
Odunze gets open quite a bit. In the NFL a receiver needs to have the ability to make contested catches.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odunze gets open quite a bit. In the NFL a receiver needs to have the ability to make contested catches.

Of course, and I like Odunze. I just can't put him ahead of Nabers and Harrison based on the tape I've seen thus far.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even looking at the stats Odunze isn't far ahead of Harrison Jr and he had elite QB play and Polk on the other side.

Plus Harrison Jr had an ankle injury in the ND game and it took several weeks to get healthy.

110 ypg 14 total TD's - 14 games played
101 ypg 15 total TD's - 12 games played

Nabers had more of a case to win the Biletnikoff but he also had the Heisman winner as his QB. Harrison Jr had a guy that transferred to Cuse lol
If you’re looking at stats, Odunze is significantly higher than Harrison.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re looking at stats, Odunze is significantly higher than Harrison.

Oregon threw the ball 123 more times than Ohio State. Harrison caught 30% of Ohio State's completions, Odunze caught 25% of Washington's. Harrison still had more TDs and edged Odunze in yards per catch as well (minimally of course).

Odunze had the far better QB as well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon threw the ball 123 more times than Ohio State. Harrison caught 30% of OSU's completions, Odunze caught 25% of Washington's. Harrison still had more TDs and edged Odunze in yards per catch as well.

This man literally said Penix throws the most accurate ball he's ever seen in college.

It's fair to say his opinion is deeply prejudiced.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man literally said Penix throes the most accurate ball he's ever seen in college.

It's fair to say his opinion is deeply prejudiced.

I haven't seen a lot of the QBs yet this year, but Penix has looked more accurate than the others in this draft at least. He loses a bit due to his lack of playmaking when plays break down. He is pretty much strictly a "in the structure of the called play" QB, and really best when he can get rid of the ball to his 1st or 2nd read (which is probably true of most). That and his injury history (and resulting age).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a lot of the QBs yet this year, but Penix has looked more accurate than the others in this draft at least. He loses a bit due to his lack of playmaking when plays break down. He is pretty much strictly a "in the structure of the called play" QB, and really best when he can get rid of the ball to his 1st or 2nd read (which is probably true of most). That and his injury history (and resulting age).

his best case scenario is going later to a team like the Vikings.

If he goes to a team with few or no weapons and a bad line he's in for a rough haul

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best case scenario is going later to a team like the Vikings.

If he goes to a team with few or no weapons and a bad line he's in for a rough haul

I'd be willing for the Rams to grab him, even if they need to move up a little. However, if he plays like that again in the Natty, he might be top 10.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing for the Rams to grab him, even if they need to move up a little. However, if he plays like that again in the Natty, he might be top 10.

very possible

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bear fan whose team might very well end up taking Harrison Jr, I'm pretty much in agreement with the vast majority of analysts out there who says he's the best WR coming into the draft. No argument there. But there are two others who I wouldn't even blink at if we somehow didn't take MHJ for whatever number of reasons. And that would be Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers, two excellent consolation picks. There are others too, the WR position is the deepest in this year's draft. But for high #1 picks, I'd be thrilled with any three of these guys.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bear fan whose team might very well end up taking Harrison Jr, I'm pretty much in agreement with the vast majority of analysts out there who says he's the best WR coming into the draft. No argument there. But there are two others who I wouldn't even blink at if we somehow didn't take MHJ for whatever number of reasons. And that would be Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers, two excellent consolation picks. There are others too, the WR position is the deepest in this year's draft. But for high #1 picks, I'd be thrilled with any three of these guys.
the best receiver in football was a consolation pick.

just saying

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that someone would even remotely put Odunze and Harrison in the same category. Harrison is the most overall talented player in the draft, Odunze is a good, but there isn’t a NFL team he could go to and be one of the top 2 guys off the bat.
The Giants.
The Cardinals.
The Bears.
The Panthers.
The Falcons.

Just nfc

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just saying
I know there are a number of football minds that think Odunze is the best WR in the draft. Others have declared Nabers as the best. Not so sure about either take, but it only strengthens my point that we Bear fans shouldn't be married to the attitude of MHJ or bust, which I hate to say does exist in a portion of our fan base.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are a number of football minds that think Odunze is the best WR in the draft. Others have declared Nabers as the best. Not so sure about either take, but it only strengthens my point that we Bear fans shouldn't be married to the attitude of MHJ or bust, which I hate to say does exist in a portion of our fan base.
who knows?
crap shoot.... good one but crap shoot all the same.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just saying
Ceedee was #17. Antonio Brown was 4th round. Tyreek Hill was a criminal in college.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he,s excellent,but too many good qbs in 2024 for him to be picked number 1