• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your opinion "BEST GAME OF THE 2023 SEASON"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to ask people what was the best game for the Hawks in 2023? It doesn't mean the Best offensive or defensive performances but the one game that made you believe the team could be better than what we had seen for most of the season. The best win when they should have lost or just the best game that they lost. This is purely opinion based.

For me i just loved what i saw when they played the Eagles. The Hawks started off slow calling a very boring but safe game in the first half, they didn't want to take chances and went straight vanilla for 2 full quarters. They opened up the playbook more and more in the 2nd half and they ended up putting 17 points on the board after halftime. The Eagles stumbled down the stretch but that was still a good team that should have beat the Hawks with the injuries and Back up QB. The Defense only allowed 17 points and made life very hard for the Eagles offense. Hurts completed only 17 passes out of 31 for 147 yards and 2 INT's. The Hawks running game functioned well and the passing game in the 2nd half elevated helping the Hawks win a game they had no business winning.

What was your favorite or "BEST" game for you?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions game for me... Hawks gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter leading to OT... Then the Hawks scored a TD in OT to win it... That was after a very depressing opening loss against the Rams...

Worst game of the year was the Steelers... I know we got smoked against the Ravens but the Steelers game - we were absolutely manhandled on defense... That was depressing...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions game for me... Hawks gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter leading to OT... Then the Hawks scored a TD in OT to win it... That was after a very depressing opening loss against the Rams...

Worst game of the year was the Steelers... I know we got smoked against the Ravens but the Steelers game - we were absolutely manhandled on defense... That was depressing...

Was also going to say the Lions game earlier, but just didn't post.

The Steelers game was by far the worst. Our defense looked so completely done, and the Steelers just literally moving our entire defense was embarrassing. If I had to pinpoint one game that was the reason Pete was fired, that'd be it. And EVERYTHING at that time was on the line.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the Lions game for me but a couple of notables would be the Giants game which was just workmanlike and basically flawlessly executed. Witherspoon's coming out party was fun to watch in primetime and although we lost, the Cowboy's game was also good in that the offense was really humming. Sadly the zebras wanted to be the stars of Jerry's world that night but it was a fun game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the worst game was losing opening day at home to the Rams

Yah, a lot of people (including myself) thought we'd be competing for the division if not winning it. Offensive line solidified with Y2 starters in Lucas/Cross coming off good seasons, K walker robbed of ROY, JSN added, Metcalf/Lockett, Geno coming off CPOY and at one point considered for MVP, Adding Charbs/Brown.... the offense really got destroyed by injury.

As for the defense... I should've known better.. Despite getting Wagner, supposedly a healthy Adams back, Witherspoon... Again... that stupid Carroll/Hurtt dumbass 2-4-5 bullshit... I should've known...

Seattle really just got DESTROYED by injuries last year. The entire offensive line was out at points... KWalker banged up (expected, why we got Charbs - who got banged up), Geno going down, Nwosu first time injury, Brooks off and on... the stupid defensive scheme (and I will put that on Carroll)... was just kind of a disaster...

I think a lot of people (including myself) thought we'd compete for the division.. that Rams game, and I do remember my reaction as the 'pain' ended, left a huge sinking feeling in my stomach. Like to lose like that at home, to a team that was supposed to be in 'rebuild mode'... ugh. And this was not some 3 point loss like we did to Denver on the road... we got BLOWN the F out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, a lot of people (including myself) thought we'd be competing for the division if not winning it. Offensive line solidified with Y2 starters in Lucas/Cross coming off good seasons, K walker robbed of ROY, JSN added, Metcalf/Lockett, Geno coming off CPOY and at one point considered for MVP, Adding Charbs/Brown.... the offense really got destroyed by injury.

As for the defense... I should've known better.. Despite getting Wagner, supposedly a healthy Adams back, Witherspoon... Again... that stupid Carroll/Hurtt dumbass 2-4-5 bullshit... I should've known...

Seattle really just got DESTROYED by injuries last year. The entire offensive line was out at points... KWalker banged up (expected, why we got Charbs - who got banged up), Geno going down, Nwosu first time injury, Brooks off and on... the stupid defensive scheme (and I will put that on Carroll)... was just kind of a disaster...

I think a lot of people (including myself) thought we'd compete for the division.. that Rams game, and I do remember my reaction as the 'pain' ended, left a huge sinking feeling in my stomach. Like to lose like that at home, to a team that was supposed to be in 'rebuild mode'... ugh. And this was not some 3 point loss like we did to Denver on the road... we got BLOWN the F out.

You thought we had major injuries this season? I thought we did pretty well all things considered on the offensive side of the ball we did lose our tackles at the beginning of the season however we were sitting at 6-3 by the time I think they were both back. We did lose Geno for 2 games but Lock did win us a major game against the Eagles, he did lose to the 49ers however Geno hasn't beaten the 49ers since he took over the job but overall on offense we didn't have injuries to our TEs or WRs. K9 went down for a few games but given his history it is expected that he will miss a handful of games every season.

On the defense other than Nwosu going down we for the most part had the whole defense all season which is terrible that they played so bad.

What was even worse about that Rams loss in the opener was that I could tell the team was pissed and wanted that revenge game in LA. The Hawks went out there and fought tooth and nail and still lost 17-16

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not as much about expectations for the season for me because it was so early in the season but the Rams debacle was so bad because they didn't even have Kupp in the line-up. To get totally shredded by a raw rookie and Atwell and our team basically looking totally unprepared to play on every level falls squarely on Pete.
As for the overall season expectations, it hurt but not sure if it really would have mattered in the end. We bounced back from that and were tied for 1st a few weeks later but we knew Pete was just done right from the get go. And Pete just got outcoached by McVay all the time. His rah, rah shit was just getting old and bordering on denial by Thanksgiving. Like an addict who can't admit he has a problem.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly Or Making the Giants our Bitch.......................

Again

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly Or Making the Giants our Bitch.......................

Again

I myself did not like the Giants game. It was a typical get over a 10 point lead and then shit the bed. The Hawks didn't look so hot in the 2nd half. Remove the Witherspoon TD and it really shows how ineffective our offense was in the second half against a bad team. The Giants Defense was as bad as the Hawks.