• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Commanders vs. Giants Game 1 2023

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of injury they reset the play clock to 40 seconds and there were only 33 left in the game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of injury they reset the play clock to 40 seconds and there were only 33 left in the game
That is so odd he got hurt...did see the injury and my feed skipped a little.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have done that old fake injury thing thinking they could save some time.
Good point.

I just watched highlights and on 3rd down a giants olineman blocked him a then he fell down and rolled over.

Looked kinda theatrical to me so I think you were right.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldnt have been. The regulars on here - the realists among us anyway - didnt have much faith in RR getting the team ready for the Giants.

And, like clockwork, they werent.
Spot on chiller...spot on

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on chiller...spot on

Its not even annoying any more. It is what it is: 20 years of abject futility.

When the redskins have a defense they dont have an offense. When they have an offense they dont have a defense. When they have good coaches they dont have good players, and when they have good players they dont have good coaches.

More often than not - by a large amount, I might add - redskins players leave the commanders and go on to have better careers elsewhere. Kendall Fuller won a super bowl with the chiefs, and is on a shitshow here.

The team cant evaluate talent, coach up the talent they do have, or develop any forward momentum as a unit, a team, or a franchise.

Harris needs to fire everybody and start over.

Meanwhile, I’d listen pretty carefully to trade offers for anybody on the team, which can suck with or without Scary Terry, Chase Young, Sweat, or anybody else.

The cruelest irony might be that - to me - Sam Howell looks like he might have “it,” but he will absolutely be shellshocked a la David Carr by the end of this year, especially with EB’s unwillingness to do anything to protect him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even annoying any more. It is what it is: 20 years of abject futility.

When the redskins have a defense they dont have an offense. When they have an offense they dont have a defense. When they have good coaches they dont have good players, and when they have good players they dont have good coaches.

More often than not - by a large amount, I might add - redskins players leave the commanders and go on to have better careers elsewhere. Kendall Fuller won a super bowl with the chiefs, and is on a shitshow here.

The team cant evaluate talent, coach up the talent they do have, or develop any forward momentum as a unit, a team, or a franchise.

Harris needs to fire everybody and start over.

Meanwhile, I’d listen pretty carefully to trade offers for anybody on the team, which can suck with or without Scary Terry, Chase Young, Sweat, or anybody else.

The cruelest irony might be that - to me - Sam Howell looks like he might have “it,” but he will absolutely be shellshocked a la David Carr by the end of this year, especially with EB’s unwillingness to do anything to protect him.
Is there anything else to say...nope.

You sound like an espn reporter righting an opine piece on this organization.

Harris needs to do something...soon.

Howell is not going to make it thru the season. The giants had 5 total sacks thru 6 games...they got that and more today.

It's awful...I think we are lucky to be 3-4 in all honesty.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything else to say...nope.

You sound like an espn reporter righting an opine piece on this organization.

Harris needs to do something...soon.

Howell is not going to make it thru the season. The giants had 5 total sacks thru 6 games...they got that and more today.

It's awful...I think we are lucky to be 3-4 in all honesty.
Harris should sit tight, Rales too (you forget him but he has the 2nd largest piece of the pie) .... I love Magic but becareful he made mistakes as a sports manager when he was still with Lakers management..

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris should sit tight, Rales too (you forget him but he has the 2nd largest piece of the pie) .... I love Magic but becareful he made mistakes as a sports manager when he was still with Lakers management..
I always thought rales was the money arm of the trio. Magic and harris seem to be more the PR guys.
You are correct, rales has the 2nd biggest share of the team.

I do like having magic with the dodgers. I don't think he is the brains of course like Friedman or Karsten, but his statements are always spot on and he engages the fans.

I don't think harris needs to fire everyone right now and pull a George steinbrener.

I will be honest, Allen's comments were disturbing to me. He and TMac are the captain America's of the team. If they lose hope and show anger and frustration...where would we go from there? I would assume other players feel that way but I have no evidence.

I simply want the bleeding to stop. I get we aren't going to win a super bowl in the next 2 or 3 years, but each week, something bizarre goes on with either Rivera, EB, and now the players. I would like

Staying out of the news with silly media comments
Showing steady improvement

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree that Harris should sit tight (why should he? The jig is up) but resigned to the notion that he will. It’s “the professional” thing to do.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching and rooting this year .... not expecting a lot.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree that Harris should sit tight (why should he? The jig is up) but resigned to the notion that he will. It’s “the professional” thing to do.
If we continue to have player outbursts, something will have to be done.

I can't believe it is 7 games in to the harris regime and this crap has started. I knew it was a transition year and I thought it was a .500 year at best...but still.

The honeymoon is over already and the players are saying they are sick of it?

These guys need some type of encouragement or something. They all sound defeated.

Harris, rales, and magic need to have a game plan in place to fix this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought rales was the money arm of the trio. Magic and harris seem to be more the PR guys.
You are correct, rales has the 2nd biggest share of the team.

I do like having magic with the dodgers. I don't think he is the brains of course like Friedman or Karsten, but his statements are always spot on and he engages the fans.

I don't think harris needs to fire everyone right now and pull a George steinbrener.

I will be honest, Allen's comments were disturbing to me. He and TMac are the captain America's of the team. If they lose hope and show anger and frustration...where would we go from there? I would assume other players feel that way but I have no evidence.

I simply want the bleeding to stop. I get we aren't going to win a super bowl in the next 2 or 3 years, but each week, something bizarre goes on with either Rivera, EB, and now the players. I would like

Staying out of the news with silly media comments
Showing steady improvement
Leaders say what’s on their minds and speak the truth . Can’t be a leader if you don’t . What was said doesn’t bother me in the least and it should be taken as a shot across the bow by ownership . The fact is RR seems to have checked out and is being exposed as the new Jeff Fischer as a HC and the next dicked up GM . Basic football , control the fucking LOS ! Stop shopping at dollar general when you need top flight o/ lineman and as a fan stop drinking the coaches cool aid .

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should fire rivera,then he should give eb a try for the rest of the season as hc.that way he will know if he has the ability to lead the team better than rivera has his 4 years in dc.if he fails which he probably will,fire him and the staff and front office and start over.only way this team gets to respectabilty again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should fire rivera,then he should give eb a try for the rest of the season as hc.that way he will know if he has the ability to lead the team better than rivera has his 4 years in dc.if he fails which he probably will,fire him and the staff and front office and start over.only way this team gets to respectabilty again.
It wont prove anything because it isn’t the team EB built

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets the team to play significantly better than they had been playing - sleepwalking, really - through the first seven weeks of the season, it might prove something.

At this point - losing to the 0-14 bears, and the 1-5, injury decimated Giants - what is the value in not cleaning house?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaders say what’s on their minds and speak the truth . Can’t be a leader if you don’t . What was said doesn’t bother me in the least and it should be taken as a shot across the bow by ownership . The fact is RR seems to have checked out and is being exposed as the new Jeff Fischer as a HC and the next dicked up GM . Basic football , control the fucking LOS ! Stop shopping at dollar general when you need top flight o/ lineman and as a fan stop drinking the coaches cool aid .
Excellent point!