• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Prediction Friday Washington vs Atlanta 2023

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons and the Commanders are two teams with different strengths and weaknesses. Coming into this game the Falcons boast the better W/L record 3-2 vs. the Commanders 2-3 and are favored by 2.5 points. Interestingly and perhaps a bit surprisingly, the Falcons have a balanced offense led by second-year quarterback Desmond Ridder, who threw for over 300 yards in their last game against the Texans. The Falcons also have a dynamic rookie running back, Bijan Robinson who is averaging 5.4 yards per carry and has two rushing touchdowns so far on the season. The Falcons defense is solid, ranking 4th in the league in yards allowed per game 295.2.

1697171352757.png

The Commanders, on the other hand, have struggled on both sides of the ball lately. After a promising 2-0 start, they have lost 3 straight games including last week’s 40-20 blowout loss to the Bears. Their own rookie QB, Sam Howell, has shown flashes of potential but he has also thrown 8 interceptions in 5 games. The Commanders' running game is led by Brian Robinson’s, 327 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, the Commanders 2023 version has been porous, allowing 30 points per game, the third worst in the league.

1697171406705.png

Although the Falcons are expected to win over the Commanders by a narrow margin, based on their better record, offense, and defense, the Commanders will need to improve their performance significantly to have a chance of upsetting the Falcons. Additionally, there’s growing talk of major changes within the Commanders organization. With new ownership that probably was inevitable, however, another loss will definitively move the focus from on-field accomplishments to NFL Draft talk by the end of October.

So a win isn't a mathematical must, but the Commanders will face a nearly insurmountable climb if they lose their fourth game of the year before Halloween with matchups against the Eagles, twice against Dallas, the Miami Dolphins, and the San Francisco 49ers still awaiting them.

1697171676686.png

For more reasons than one Washington needs a win in Week 6, and a loss might turn that need into a requirement moving forward, At the beginning of the season, I had Atlanta winning this game, and I’m sticking with that prediction, however, anything can happen in the NFL, and the Commanders might surprise us with a better performance.
Here are the questions...

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) the falcons win 35 to 21 , same ole story on defense where the lack of good LB will be showcased yet again

2) bijan robinson gets 150 yds rushing while allgiers piles up 100

3) team falls down early by 21 points

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict our overrated defense that's supposed to be hot snot on a silver platter, will once again, prove to be cold boogers on a paper plate.

...another disappointing Commanders loss

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict our overrated defense that's supposed to be hot snot on a silver platter, will once again, prove to be cold boogers on a paper plate.

...another disappointing Commanders loss
I can see that happening.
Not sure we stop the falcons big 3. Ridder can run when he needs to as well...just like fields but not as fast.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how detailed A. Smith is as HC. I think he exposes our weakness on both sides of the ball and ATL wins by 10.