• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - who the fuck cares? Why are you so desperate to be rt or have people agree w/ you? Louis Riddick agreed w/ you - so what?

just explaining myself not desperate to be right

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones from the Washington Post:

"First, take everything that comes out of Allen’s mouth with a grain of salt. Just because there was no formal counteroffer doesn’t mean there weren’t back-and-forth discussions between McCartney and the Redskins. There were. Lots of them. Virtually six months of negotiations. Remember how in June the spin out of Redskins camp was that talks had taken a positive turn. Things can’t be described as positive if one side isn’t doing any talking. Even top negotiator Eric Schaffer said in late June that there were lots of back-and-forth talks and proposals between him and McCartney. The agent made it clear where he saw Cousins’s worth, but also relayed that his client wanted more time to see the direction the Redskins are headed. And if the Redskins weren’t willing to sweeten their deal and do what they could to give Cousins greater long-term peace of mind — in this case, guarantee some of his salary in the years beyond next season — there was no point in making an official counteroffer."

So how does one engage in "lots of back and forth talks and proposals" in June without ever addressing the original proposal from May? Once again, Bruce Allen blatantly lied. He really does believe that we are all idiots that would believe this line without investigating further with facts and statements readily available? He was partially right, however. There are a few that do believe this lie because they are too lazy to actually investigate the facts or because it fits their narrative that somehow KC is just being greedy and that is what has hosed this franchise at this point.

perhaps you and your boy Riddick should have looked at this . maybe that experienced journalist cooley too

proving your damn point EH ?

Mike Jones from the Washington Post:

"First, take everything that comes out of Allen’s mouth with a grain of salt. Just because there was no formal counteroffer doesn’t mean there weren’t back-and-forth discussions between McCartney and the Redskins. There were. Lots of them. Virtually six months of negotiations. Remember how in June the spin out of Redskins camp was that talks had taken a positive turn. Things can’t be described as positive if one side isn’t doing any talking. Even top negotiator Eric Schaffer said in late June that there were lots of back-and-forth talks and proposals between him and McCartney. The agent made it clear where he saw Cousins’s worth, but also relayed that his client wanted more time to see the direction the Redskins are headed. And if the Redskins weren’t willing to sweeten their deal and do what they could to give Cousins greater long-term peace of mind — in this case, guarantee some of his salary in the years beyond next season — there was no point in making an official counteroffer."

So how does one engage in "lots of back and forth talks and proposals" in June without ever addressing the original proposal from May? Once again, Bruce Allen blatantly lied. He really does believe that we are all idiots that would believe this line without investigating further with facts and statements readily available? He was partially right, however. There are a few that do believe this lie because they are too lazy to actually investigate the facts or because it fits their narrative that somehow KC is just being greedy and that is what has hosed this franchise at this point.
no i will just use this one , you know , the actual facts

see above

yeah his nfl experience sure as fuck forgot this above i have posted . your boy cooley too bunch of pedestrian mouth pieces

yeah , look where that got you sheep boy

and both cooley annd riddick were wrong just like you

yeah one is a former employee looking for a good reference and the other smeared an innocent man to save his radio gig

this is why you get insulted dean . you never admit you are wrong , you take opinion as fact and when questioned you deflect , get amnesia , or hand out an emicicon when you have no response

Keyword my view points which means my opinions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMFG!!!

Training camp start already.

Lord let us forget about Cousins contract, Bruce Allen will prove he is a Vinny Cerrato upgrade all on his own.

We need some actual football news to bitch about already.

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

IM not even religious and IM actually praying to just get to a point where its about football, and not how dysfunctional our front office is.

shark i truly hope you find your salvation in jesus (not mesus LOL) i pray to my lord and savior that you find peace and comfort in his word , that you accept him into your heart and be enveloped in the holy spirit , and our lord jesus christ lifts this huge burden of the contract negotiations from your tortured soul and you find peace in Florida . ...... amen

there shark because i love you and i want your soul saved so we both can be in heaven where redskins always stomp cowboys and KC is the starter on heavens team and dan snyder is the toilet scrubber in hell with SM as his boss

JESUS BE PRAISED !!!!!!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that has nothing to do with the questions i asked that you quoted . what do you think they talked about MITZ ? do you believe that no numbers , no offers , no counter offers were made in any meetings at all ? are you trying to sell me that ? what exactly did they talk about mitz ?

I think they talked about God, family, country and his contract offer. And, just how awesome the nacho cheese chalupa is at Taco Bell...just had one, would have to agree.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they talked about God, family, country and his contract offer. And, just how awesome the nacho cheese chalupa is at Taco Bell...just had one, would have to agree.
well my above post tells that in addition to the taco bell menu they swapped proposals :D

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well my above post tells that in addition to the taco bell menu they swapped proposals :D

jesus, dad i know we want the same thing here. like you, and many others here, i'm a die-hard skins fan and only want the best for this franchise that i have devoted more than 40+ years supporting. have i felt over the years i didn't know the whole truth about what was going on in the organization, and felt a little pissed of about it? of course i have, especially since we now have the internet and social media to feed the fire within.

i bought a pair of skechers "shape ups" back in the day that i was told by the company would shape me up while i walked. It was a blatant BS lie, but good for the success of the company. I still buy skechers to this day, the golf shoes are the bomb!

take a deep breath dad, sometimes things are not what they appear to be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark i truly hope you find your salvation in jesus (not mesus LOL) i pray to my lord and savior that you find peace and comfort in his word , that you accept him into your heart and be enveloped in the holy spirit , and our lord jesus christ lifts this huge burden of the contract negotiations from your tortured soul and you find peace in Florida . ...... amen

there shark because i love you and i want your soul saved so we both can be in heaven where redskins always stomp cowboys and KC is the starter on heavens team and dan snyder is the toilet scrubber in hell with SM as his boss

JESUS BE PRAISED !!!!!!

Dad.. First thank you. I guess i should clear that up, Im not a religious man. But I do believe in my own way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus, dad i know we want the same thing here. like you, and many others here, i'm a die-hard skins fan and only want the best for this franchise that i have devoted more than 40+ years supporting. have i felt over the years i didn't know the whole truth about what was going on in the organization, and felt a little pissed of about it? of course i have, especially since we now have the internet and social media to feed the fire within.

i bought a pair of skechers "shape ups" back in the day that i was told by the company would shape me up while i walked. It was a blatant BS lie, but good for the success of the company. I still buy skechers to this day, the golf shoes are the bomb!

take a deep breath dad, sometimes things are not what they appear to be.

perhaps you should take your own advice . over and over again i told you that proposals were being made and you insisted on trying to get me to call KC a liar instead of him simply taking the high road . if you want i can quote them , wont take me very long too. . common sense dictated that my position had to be correct however you werent sold . only after indisputable evidence that comes forth are you ready to concede that my position was correct .

i used good english . i did my best with the grammar , but somehow either by bias or gullibility you wanted to buy that crap . where was all this stuff about taking breaths yesterday ? out too lunch i bet

you didnt want to smoke a peace pipe with me yesterday now did you ? you want whats best for the franchise ? open your eyes , learn about contracts and market value . learn the whole history of these negotiations , and then maybe we can figure out what best for the franchise

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad.. First thank you. I guess i should clear that up, Im not a religious man. But I do believe in my own way.
no problem dude , i was thinking of taking up preaching but alas i have to foul a mouth :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem dude , i was thinking of taking up preaching but alas i have to foul a mouth :D

That might be a side effect of being a Redskins fan the last 40 years. :D

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not saying anything is fact except this
Mike Jones from the Washington Post

Even top negotiator Eric Schaffer said in late June that there were lots of back-and-forth talks and proposals between him and McCartney. The agent made it clear where he saw Cousins’s worth, but also relayed that his client wanted more time to see the direction the Redskins are headed. And if the Redskins weren’t willing to sweeten their deal and do what they could to give Cousins greater long-term peace of mind — in this case, guarantee some of his salary in the years beyond next season — there was no point in making an official counteroffer.

Serious question, Did Mcartney say this?? Or is this the opinion of Jones? It almost reads like the latter. Anyhow...

I never denied there were some convos...maybe it was more than I thought. :noidea: But nothing you say or post is going to convince me that KCs camp doesn't have some fault in this. IMO, Dude has his eye on the door and unless he gets the money he wants, AND the staff/FO he wants...he prolly gone. He has huge leverage and he knows it.

Looks like you were more right on this one than I was dad. You happy? But do you really have to post this article 5-6 different times. For someone who gives Dean so much hell for that kinda stuff, you sure are beating your chest on this one. :lol:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, Did Mcartney say this?? Or is this the opinion of Jones? It almost reads like the latter. Anyhow...

I never denied there were some convos...maybe it was more than I thought. :noidea: But nothing you say or post is going to convince me that KCs camp doesn't have some fault in this. IMO, Dude has his eye on the door and unless he gets the money he wants, AND the staff/FO he wants...he prolly gone. He has huge leverage and he knows it.

Looks like you were more right on this one than I was dad. You happy? But do you really have to post this article 5-6 different times. For someone who gives Dean so much hell for that kinda stuff, you sure are beating your chest on this one. :lol:
And this is why some have said you have preconceived biases against KC. I've asked this of you before and got no answer so I'll ask it again. What specifically has KC or his agent done, or not done, to drive you to your belief that he has any fault at all in this mess?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why some have said you have preconceived biases against KC. I've asked this of you before and got no answer so I'll ask it again. What specifically has KC or his agent done, or not done, to drive you to your belief that he has any fault at all in this mess?
the evidence is incontrovertible. and its ok he has a bias , just sack up and admit it

whenever you jump on the bad and refuse to hear the good it says it all anyway

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the evidence is incontrovertible. and its ok he has a bias , just sack up and admit it

I get that VT doesn't think KC is really worth the contract he is going to get. He has said that many times. I disagree but respect his right to his opinion. What I don't understand is how he sees KC has any culpability in this mess we find ourselves. What, specifically, has he or his agent done??? He still hasn't answered that question. I think we all know why. Because they actually haven't done anything.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that VT doesn't think KC is really worth the contract he is going to get. He has said that many times. I disagree but respect his right to his opinion. What I don't understand is how he sees KC has any culpability in this mess we find ourselves. What, specifically, has he or his agent done??? He still hasn't answered that question. I think we all know why. Because they actually haven't done anything.

well here it is for me , i think KC wants /wanted to be with this team . he agreed to 2 contracts that were killed by our FO meaning Allen .

if truth be told i think allen's ego is keeping this from getting done and its 2 fold . he personally cant accept he missed on RG3 and when shanny had the chance he drafted KC as insurance which pissed him off

the 2nd factor is he doesnt want a shanny to get KC , have him be productive and then have his mistakes multiplied

my reasoning is quite simple and it goes back to his statement/video release . why release that at all ? you just came out and say you are at an impasse and we will try again after the season . But alas that wasnt what he did so what was the motivation ? look how he emphasized 53 mil GTD 72 injured GTD and 2nd highest contract of all time while neglecting the intricacy's of the contract and how it really was , was a one year ext at 29 mil . a damn joke when he could get 70 more mil straight up in FA . his intent was to smear KC , get the anti KC zealots in an uproar , and prey on the not so hard core fans . its a political tactic done by both sides in congress, the president (whomever it is ) ETC Allen wants to push a narrative that KC is greedy and too expensive so we have to draft elite . and he has a perfect fall guy /patsy in doug williams . he fires DW if he makes the wrong choice and he is smelling like a rose

now here is the deal VT , dean and some others are zealots . as i have shown above (or maybe a different thread ) if on talking point fails , they simple move to another . it wont matter to them about the facts and now we have the totally unproven "he just doesnt want to be here " talking point . and make no mistake this is a last face saving ploy to "be right " or dismiss every fact that has now come to light

every time they latch on to bogus stories and bash the guy . they bash him over hypothetical debates because of there own opinions on what they think he is about . they never concede anything about him . if he says something its "of course he would say that " and if he is borderline they jump on negative connotations as pure fact " see , see look at what he said , that means doubt " he isnt allowed to takethe high road , he cant express his faith , and simply let his agent do his job and they feel he owes this team some kind of loyalty when the FO wont do the same . why throw him under the bus is you are loyal to him ?

the loyalty door opens and closes both ways . when the truth finally comes out we still have a few who want to discredit a named source while they totally by into an un named source

no i just believe they want a more sexy alternative and as much as they bash allen and snyder for wanting flash over substance yet will do the same thing at the drop of a hat

now its ok not to want KC at "his " price . but dont sell me a load of goods the team wont be set back by a rookie starting qb or trotting out colt or suds . sorry but it will and the only guy i see that you can get that could prevent that is paying drew brees big money to come here , compete /place hold till our rookie qb is seasoned enough and we can continue to build a defense . now , convince brees this is the place for him to end his career

now i dont advocate this but this KC nut hugger is the only guy who can even make an argument the zealots cant or arent willing to make and its a gamble

you can suck the dick right off AJ mccarron but if he cant beat out dalton (KC one in some eyes ) then why am i to EXPECT he is any kind of upgrade rather then a water tread er i believe he is

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Kirk has done nothing to deserve the contract he is asking for IMO. Now before you or anybody else chimes in talking about "market value" and "worth" and "One time Pro Bowl QB"..blah blah blah, let me admit, he is a good QB, worth some good money, but not elite, not sure he ever will be.

No one player is bigger than the organization. The Skins have been there before Kirk and they will be there when he is gone. Sure, there have been some major mess-ups by the FO in this whole debacle, and I don't necessarily think Kirk has done wrong in many instances, but KC and his camp have drawn a line in the sand that he feels is the floor. Admittedly so has Bruce (ceiling).

Now, I don't give a shit about tag numbers this year and next..what he is supposed to paid this year + 2 years on top of that ...blah blah blah. KC and his camp has said that our number is A, the FO has said our number is C, and its BOTH of their faults that they cannot get to number B. BOTH parties faults. Neither side has tried hard enough. Now what number is more realistic and fair for both parties ... that's subjective and up for debate (we've been doing it ad nauseum for months now. Both parties have the right to dig their feets in the sand and have obviously done so.. As Stymie pointed out perfectly, the Washington Redskins franchise is a business. Kirk Cousins LLC is a contractor. It isn't personal as some of you make it out to be. Which leads me to my next post....

Frankly, I don't personally give two shits about Kirk Cousins, Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, RG3, or any other of the rest of 'em that I don't personally know. I have admitted multiple times that even though I'm not sure he has accomplished enough to be the highest paid QB in the game, that KC has been lowballed (per the market). Simply put, there have been things that haven't been done right by the FO. But, as idiotic as I am sure you think I am, I tend to see the other side, the FO side, of things too. If I was the boss of the company, and some young hot shot had done very good job for me for a TWO year, and then walked up into MY office DEMANDING more money when I felt he was being paid very very well to begin with...or he would walk. I would probably have a little bit of a problem with that.

I don't think I am bias ... just looking at both sides of the story. There are certainly things that the FO could have done better, but if you are buying that KC and his camp aren't playing their game a little bit too, then you are naive.

If that makes me bias..then so be it. I admit it. I sacked up...

Now, Are you going to admit that you may be bias to a fault as well?? That anything that anyone in the FO does that doesn't agree with what YOU think is the right thing to do, are complete and utter fucking idiots. Last I checked they are getting paid BIG money to make BIG decisions in that organization. Some have been doing it for a long time, and with some ups and downs wrt the success they have had in different places.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Kirk has done nothing to deserve the contract he is asking for IMO. Now before you or anybody else chimes in talking about "market value" and "worth" and "One time Pro Bowl QB"..blah blah blah, let me admit, he is a good QB, worth some good money, but not elite, not sure he ever will be.

No one player is bigger than the organization. The Skins have been there before Kirk and they will be there when he is gone. Sure, there have been some major mess-ups by the FO in this whole debacle, and I don't necessarily think Kirk has done wrong in many instances, but KC and his camp have drawn a line in the sand that he feels is the floor. Admittedly so has Bruce (ceiling).

Now, I don't give a shit about tag numbers this year and next..what he is supposed to paid this year + 2 years on top of that ...blah blah blah. KC and his camp has said that our number is A, the FO has said our number is C, and its BOTH of their faults that they cannot get to number B. BOTH parties faults. Neither side has tried hard enough. Now what number is more realistic and fair for both parties ... that's subjective and up for debate (we've been doing it ad nauseum for months now. Both parties have the right to dig their feets in the sand and have obviously done so.. As Stymie pointed out perfectly, the Washington Redskins franchise is a business. Kirk Cousins LLC is a contractor. It isn't personal as some of you make it out to be. Which leads me to my next post....

Frankly, I don't personally give two shits about Kirk Cousins, Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, RG3, or any other of the rest of 'em that I don't personally know. I have admitted multiple times that even though I'm not sure he has accomplished enough to be the highest paid QB in the game, that KC has been lowballed (per the market). Simply put, there have been things that haven't been done right by the FO. But, as idiotic as I am sure you think I am, I tend to see the other side, the FO side, of things too. If I was the boss of the company, and some young hot shot had done very good job for me for a TWO year, and then walked up into MY office DEMANDING more money when I felt he was being paid very very well to begin with...or he would walk. I would probably have a little bit of a problem with that.

I don't think I am bias ... just looking at both sides of the story. There are certainly things that the FO could have done better, but if you are buying that KC and his camp aren't playing their game a little bit too, then you are naive.

Now, Are you going to admit that you may be bias to a fault as well?? That anything that anyone in the FO does that doesn't agree with what YOU think is the right thing to do, are complete and utter fucking idiots. Last I checked they are getting paid BIG money to make BIG decisions in that organization. Some have been doing it for a long time, and with some ups and downs wrt the success they have had in different places.

Here is the thing. I don't believe he is worth that much money either, but the system is set up in the manner that the smart move was to pay him market value.

The only person in the game today that deserves that much money is Tom Brady. I know some will say Rodgers and Brees also, but I disagree. That being said, Brady should be year to year at his age. Rodgers should be the highest paid on an annual basis because of his age and he will be as soon as his contract expires.

The next level of QBs can be argued and KC is a member of that group. High dollar contracts are a fact for QBs. The Redskins had a chance to sign him very cheaply, they wanted to see more. Then they wanted him to prove it, and he did. Then they wanted him to prove it again. The FO is the one driving his price up...not KC.

The best thing for the FO to do is sign KC cheap. They had that chance twice.

The best thing for KC is to sign a market deal.

The best thing for this football team was to sign their PB QB to a LTD.

I am not biased at all in this. I understand what you are saying because you are saying it strictly from the side of a fan. There is no bias in stating it is 100% the FO fault because KC was ready to sign twice. He wants a LTD. the FO gambled and lost. You don't bet 1,000 dollars and then accept 700 dollars when the other side loses do you? Then why expect KC to do that here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i am a KC nut hugger but what you and the FO dont want to consider is that market value and NFL landscape are realities not a fictional entities . you are obsessed with catch phrases like " highest paid player in the game " crap that will last for a couple of years (maybe ) and then he will drop back into your perceived order of things

of course Kc has leverage but with every story that comes out , if you can bash KC you in fact do , whether its fake news 65/95 mil to freaking offers and counter offers to wins to stats you dont like to criticisms you make that are debunked with evidence

you , like the FO dont want him . he was had for 12 mil , he was had for 19 mil , both bargains , yet they failed . the guy has done everything in his power to be a redskins before he had leverage and you slammed the door shut .

the final blow is the video statement full of lies and your stubborn unwillingness to believe stupid shit like no offers were exchanged , even though common sense dictated otherwise

so yes i do bash this FO for things I , let me say it again I , dont agree with and yes they are fucking idiots because they value lies and drama over winning and that has been borne out for over 2 damn decades

now if you want to sell me you support the FO and think KC isnt worth it , fine but if you are playing the fair and balanced card then be fair and balanced and dont only react to things that favor your side and bash a guy on hypothetical and fake damn offers then feign ignorance after the fact

and by the way you were sure as hell giving 2 shits when you were buying no counter offers but go silent when the truth comes out otherwise

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. I forgot.

KC did not come barging into his bosses office demanding a pay raise.

KC's contract was expiring and his boss wanted to make an offer. His boss, Allen overruled him.

Then KC's contract expired. The collectively bargained agreement said the Redskins could retain the rights of KC on a single year contract if KC signed it or a LTD was reached. Again, KC was willing to sign a LTD but once again, Allen said no. Prove it.

So that contract expired after KC did prove it. The collectively bargained agreement said the Redskins could again retain the rights to KC at a specified price on a one year deal or reach a LTD. The Redskins chose not to give a serious offer and KC this time stated he was willing to just play on the tag.

Next year, KC will again be tagged at a collectively bargained price on a one year deal with stipulations depending on which tag is used. It will likely be the transition tag and we will find out exactly what the market value is for his services. He may choose to just play on the tag again or go elsewhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. I forgot.

KC did not come barging into his bosses office demanding a pay raise.

KC's contract was expiring and his boss wanted to make an offer. His boss, Allen overruled him.

Then KC's contract expired. The collectively bargained agreement said the Redskins could retain the rights of KC on a single year contract if KC signed it or a LTD was reached. Again, KC was willing to sign a LTD but once again, Allen said no. Prove it.

So that contract expired after KC did prove it. The collectively bargained agreement said the Redskins could again retain the rights to KC at a specified price on a one year deal or reach a LTD. The Redskins chose not to give a serious offer and KC this time stated he was willing to just play on the tag.

Next year, KC will again be tagged at a collectively bargained price on a one year deal with stipulations depending on which tag is used. It will likely be the transition tag and we will find out exactly what the market value is for his services. He may choose to just play on the tag again or go elsewhere.

yeah i forgot he used the word "demand " a word with connotations