• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the stadium deal runs out, this team is moving.

It's hard to get emotionally invested knowing that.

Mike Brown will likely just run the team into the ground until then.

8 more seasons Dan!

I think I mostly won't give a damn by that time. The NFL will probably be unwatchable by then anyway.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the stadium deal runs out, this team is moving.

It's hard to get emotionally invested knowing that.

Mike Brown will likely just run the team into the ground until then.

I can say with certainly I won’t be around by the time that happens. Honestly, if they fuck up this upcoming coaching hire (they will) I’ll likely throw in the towel on these fuck boys.

I think Kramer has the right idea after all.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say with certainly I won’t be around by the time that happens. Honestly, if they fuck up this upcoming coaching hire (they will) I’ll likely throw in the towel on these fuck boys.

I think Kramer has the right idea after all.

Have I ever been wrong?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would too... He doesn't get enough credit for what he did here in 2011. No offseason workouts and a rookie qb and he had a playoff caliber offense. I think people give Hue more credit because the offense was better in 2015 - But Hue had the benefit of Dalton being older, Sanu and Jones coming into their own, and Eifert's one magical (somewhat healthy) year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would too... He doesn't get enough credit for what he did here in 2011. No offseason workouts and a rookie qb and he had a playoff caliber offense. I think people give Hue more credit because the offense was better in 2015 - But Hue had the benefit of Dalton being older, Sanu and Jones coming into their own, and Eifert's one magical (somewhat healthy) year.
Yeah that 2015 team had an elite level TE and WR and the perfect group of complementary players around them. A guy like Bernard was the 5th option and he was still a matchup nightmare for most teams.

I really like what Gruden did in Washinton even if his overall record has been average. He helped coach up a mid rd backup QB into a pro bowl caliber player and his team's generally overachieved. If he gets fired I think there's a good chance he's a HC somewhere in the NFL next season.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be ecstatic with a Jay Gruden return. That’s about the best option we can hope for.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Guenther will be our next head coach. you know down in your heart this is true.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hated the O since forest Gregg.
Sam Wyche had the goods too
Please no Grudens

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker

whoever takes over has the opportunity to build the team he wants.

we have the 2nd largest long term cap space in the league.

ah hell... what am I thinking?
Mike Brown and Katie Blackburn will run this shit into the ground until the team moves to London, somewhere in Cali, or Las Vegas.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Scratch Pauly G from your wishlist. I know we are all bummed about that.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scratch Pauly G from your wishlist. I know we are all bummed about that.

I have no idea why Pauly G gets so much interest. I've never seen someone do so little with so much.

He may have had success his first year with Zim's defense, but it has slipped each year since Zimmer has been gone.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man..... I'm getting the sick feeling that Marvin will return. Brand new staff. Announcement coming tomorrow.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm starting to feel that Marvin is going to worm his way back in...but with further concessions made by Mike Brown.

Obviously it wouldn't be what we wanted but I would take that over some lap dog lackey that is going to acquiesce to Mike Brown's way of conducting business. Then again, I want Marvin gone. Not sure why he wouldn't want a change either.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REST EASY BOYS.

Marv here to stay. Mike Brown doesn't want to do anything but lay back and keep collecting his share of the NFL $$. Literally too lazy to look for a new coach.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should be able to fire owners. This is ridiculous. What does the Brown family bring to the league exactly?

The fact that Mike Brown can sit back, and collect millions in shared NFL revenue, despite being an absolute titanic failure of generational proportions, is in insult to America. All because he inherited the team from his daddy. Never did, has, or will do anything to warrant being in charge of such a lucrative business.

Fuck him, and his entire family of leaches. Can’t wait till they move.

...Now that I got that out of the way, onto the football side of it. We all knew this was coming fellas. Mike Brown’s mission statement, above all else, is to keep operating costs at the absolute minimum. Marvin and his staff come cheaper than most. The fact that they, along with Duke Tobin can double as both a scouting staff and de facto GM also save MB a buck. All the while he can line his pockets with a GM salary, and keep his previous cap space, and ride the roller coaster of mediocrity that Marvin Lewis provides.

The fact that ML is coming off a couple losing seasons strips him of any leverage. Mikey can keep his basakwards FO structure in place, all while keeping a cheap coach that will occasionally put together a decent enough season to sucker the few remaining Bengals fans into paying to sit in the bleachers at the family Mausoleum. The sooner the Bengals leave Cincinnati, the better. There are better things to spend time yalls time on. Don’t waste a dime on these snakes. The Reds have an intriguing young group worth keeping an eye on, and the FC Cincinnati team is good. Who needs the Bengals?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two current theories:

1) Marvin's agent put out the report to Adam Schefter 3 weeks ago, so that the agent could better gage interest from other teams for Marvin's services. This little fishing trip came up dry.... Nobody with an expected opening has an appetite for selling Marvin to an impatient fanbase. Marvin hedged his bets by pretending nothing was going on..... Now, he'll limp back to Cincinnati to keep his career going.

2) This whole trumped up story of Marvin leaving had to do with his staff. One of the underrated aspects of the original report was that the Bengals staff feels they aren' compensated appropriately given the current market for their services. Marvin might have used his considerable leverage with the franchise in a game of chicken to see if the Brown family would blink and pay his staff.

Also, don't sleep on the fact that Marvin has a deep desire to keep coaching simply to get his son's career jump-started. It's not even about wins and losses anymore, he just needs a few more years before Marcus Lewis is a true, NFL position coach and ready to climb the ladder. He's currently paying his dues as Marvin's defensive QC coach.