• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Vance Joseph is almost finished making an ass out of himself in Denver, I figure his price tag should be hitting rock bottom. Mikey and Katie might be able to pick him out of the bargain bin this January. My current rankings for the most probable Bengals head coach in 2018 in order:

1) Paul Guenther
2) Vance Joseph
3) Marvin Lewis
4) Hue Jackson
5) Jeff Fisher

Who-Dey!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys got? Who do you want? Who do you expect?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Marvin Lewis to come back after they win their next 4 games. Paul Gunther will be the most likely replacement.

Hue Jackson may be in the mix if he gets fired in Cleveland.

I would love to see the Bengals actually pony up some cash and pay Jon Gruden to come out of the booth and be the head guy.

Instant fan revitalizing move to keep those season tickets from plummeting.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin will be back unless he's finally gotten tired of this place.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious who the next coach will be. Greg Schiano

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I’m not jinxing it, but I do believe Marvin will walk after this season. All the signs are there. I feel like a contract extension would have happened by now. I wouldn’t put anything past the Brown family, but I think the Bengals will have a new coach in 2018.

I’d like to see Matt Patricia from New England. Smart guy, seems to adjust well considering the revolving door of personnel on the Patriot defense.

We all know it will be a Bengal retread though. The obvious house bet is Paul Guenther being promoted, which would be a disaster. Just imagine an even less inspiring version of what we already have. Who Dey!

I honestly don’t want Hue Jackson back either if/when he gets canned. Only the Bengals would hire a guy immediately after a 1-30 something tenure at his previous job. We’d be even more of a laughing stock.

At this point, the best scenario would be for Dan Snyder to go all Dan Snyder, and fire Jay Gruden in Washington. I’d take him back in a heartbeat. Wasn’t a huge fan when he was the coordinator here. But he’s proven to be a very solid offensive coach. He deserves a lot of credit for keeping that ship afloat after losing Sean McVay, and the rash of injuries the Redskins have sustained at key spots. 24 offensive line combinations this season! Can y’all imagine if that happened with this current staff? They’d just forfeit.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Marvin Lewis to come back after they win their next 4 games. Paul Gunther will be the most likely replacement.

Hue Jackson may be in the mix if he gets fired in Cleveland.

I would love to see the Bengals actually pony up some cash and pay Jon Gruden to come out of the booth and be the head guy.

Instant fan revitalizing move to keep those season tickets from plummeting.

Hiring Gruden would be a lateral movement, at best. There's a reason he got fired from The Bucs despite winning the franchise's only Super Bowl. Even then he won it with Tony Dungy's team.

While under his predecessor's care The Buccaneers were a perennial playoff team that could make deep playoff runs but could never reach the big game. When John took over they finally made the big dance and took the trophy home but went downhill afterwards. Tampa Bay struggled to make the playoffs if at all and I honestly don't know if Gruden won another playoff game after his first season? Gruden taking over may be worse than Lewis?

Phil Tipton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Katie is having more influence and doesn't bring Marvin back. I believe Marvin's coaching has become stale. How many times do we reset or refocus and get a new slogan on a t-shirt? How many times can you convince the players to look at "this" season as the one to win the Super Bowl? That's not even talking about the perennial complaints of game management, lack of second half adjustments, smugness (ala Belichick that actually has earned the right) at press conferences and lack of discipline. I am worn out. I can't find myself getting psyched another season.
I thought I wanted Paul Guenther or Hue or Jay, but I now feel I just want to start over. I think I want an offensive minded coach, maybe Josh McDaniel or Gary Kubiak.
I really believe this team has the talent to win the division. It just needs freshened up. Play the rookies.....actually play the best players and go win the games.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals retain Lewis or hire Guenther, I am out.... I can't do it anymore.

If they hire Hue, I'm willing to give it a chance. I think he could get this offense in shape and there is enough on the defense to make a good run.

If they hire Joseph, I'll just laugh and watch the team implode.

If they fire Fisher, I'll burn all of my gear.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals retain Lewis or hire Guenther, I am out.... I can't do it anymore.

If they hire Hue, I'm willing to give it a chance. I think he could get this offense in shape and there is enough on the defense to make a good run.

If they hire Joseph, I'll just laugh and watch the team implode.

If they fire Fisher, I'll burn all of my gear.

Absolutely. If Lewis/Guenther are coaching this team next season, I quit. I doubt we would be the only ones. Can’t imagine the stands being emptier than they are now, but holy shit.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. If Lewis/Guenther are coaching this team next season, I quit. I doubt we would be the only ones. Can’t imagine the stands being emptier than they are now, but holy shit.

Fat Paul, Fat Randy, and the potential that Burfict might actually kill a Steelers player on the field next year.

If that doesn't sell tickets, I don't know what will.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fat Paul, Fat Randy, and the potential that Burfict might actually kill a Steelers player on the field next year.

If that doesn't sell tickets, I don't know what will.

LOL no shit. I would'nt give a bucket of piss for JuJu's health next year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis repeats, Guenther or Vance

Lewis would have walked after the lowly bears beat the living shit out of his team in 'the jungle' if it bothered him. he'll stay.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the writing is on the wall..... The difference between now and 2011 is that I don't think Marvin wants to do it anymore. If it is true that he was willing to make Hue a coach in waiting, I would assume he already had planned to step down sometime soon anyway.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no shit. I would'nt give a bucket of piss for JuJu's health next year.

Juju wouldn't piss on your bitch ass if you were on fire