• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a flying fuck?! They could hire the reanimated corpse of Vince Lombardi and the team would still suck donkey balls.

Quit watching this shit. The NFL is rigged anyways. It's not real, fellas. It's all fake. Fuck 'em. Go wreck a ho instead.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote of Doc at the Enquirer says it all about Marvin:

"15 years is a few lifetimes in the NFL. Lewis got tired, his message fell asleep. He wasn’t up for another re-boot, even if it had been offered, which it won’t be now. In 2010, the awful 4-12 t.ocho season, Lewis left the Morning After meeting believing he had resigned. Brown called him a little later in the day and asked him to come back in. The marriage endured 7 more seasons."

There is just no way Marvin can come back now. The loss of people going to games is immense. Fan apathy is at a high not seen since the nineties. Marvin has taken the team full circle. He is leaving us with a ton of talent though.

I really love Andy as a person, but I really don't think he is the franchise QB we need. I say draft a QB early, keep Andy ala John Kitna and develop the new guy into the QB we need. I really think the new coach will see this as well.

What about the coaching staff? I know that Mike likes to keep the bulk of them with a coaching change, but I believe the new guy should have final say. After-all, he will be the one held accountable. I like Urban, Lazor, Guenther, Haslett and Coyle but..........

Why?

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who gives a flying fuck?! They could hire the reanimated corpse of Vince Lombardi and the team would still suck donkey balls.

Quit watching this shit. The NFL is rigged anyways. It's not real, fellas. It's all fake. Fuck 'em. Go wreck a ho instead.

What he said

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincygrad,

It just got old. How many times can you reboot and expect a different outcome. Same old same old.

Read the bolded area. Why do you like those assistant coaches?

Phil Tipton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the bolded area. Why do you like those assistant coaches?
I guess I'm not necessarily thrilled with the production of their groups, but they have had success and appear to be harder than some. I think we need some old school tough coaching. I really think we start over....look what Forrest Gregg did in 2 years.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the coaching staff? I know that Mike likes to keep the bulk of them with a coaching change, but I believe the new guy should have final say. After-all, he will be the one held accountable. I like Urban, Lazor, Guenther, Haslett and Coyle but..........

Hell, I don't like any of those options at coach.

I like Frank Reich (Philadelphia OC), Matt Patricia (DC in New England), Jim Cooter (OC Detroit).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the next big slogan if we get Frank Reich as head coach...controversial and powerful at same time:

The 4th Reich

In sequence, because we only really had 3 coaches prior to Reich that I would consider good: Paul Brown, Sam Wyche, Marvin Lewis...that makes him the 4th (hopefully long term coach - this time with success).

It puts us past the 3rd Reich which Hitler is known for, and into a present day powerhouse far removed from Hitler. A new dawn so to say.

Applies to the coaches employed by this team over the years and who stuck or was good in a numerical sequence. Invokes power. Plays off his name and puts him as the new face of the franchise. Hopefully symbolizes his offensive dominance on this team. Plus, it is fun.

I say let the new Reich begin! All Hail Frank!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th Reich. All Hail Frank! - This time, the Empire Strikes Back!

So many ways to market this dude. Now, if he can just coach well enough to win a few games.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. I am okay with some of those guys for position coaches still.

Why? What has James Urban done to develop our wide receivers the last 2 years? Seems to me that Core didn't take a single step forward this year, Boyd has definitely taken two steps back, Ross looked completely lost on the 2 or 3 plays he actually was on the field, and Malone looked like a guy we put out there because we had nobody else.

Lazor was probably not given the best chance, but he also really didn't do a damn thing. Our offense stunk before he was OC and it stinks now.

Guenther is overrated by everyone that reads Hobson. The defense was built into a powerhouse by Mike Zimmer and at this point it is running on fumes. The further we get away from Zimmer running that room, the weaker the D has become. The funniest part of the whole thing is that we're led to believe that Pauly G is a good coach because of his 'mastery' on 3rd down. Have you watched the Bengals play 3rd downs this year? How about end of half scenarios? They are flat out awful.

I don't have much to add about Coyle. He was a good DBs coach when he was here previously... He failed as a DC in Miami.

Haslet is a good coach. And I think you can probably give him credit for the development of Vigil.

Phil Tipton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with blowing it up (coaching staff) and starting over.
Jim Bob Cooter?
Pat Shurmur?
Dan Campbell?
Matt Patricia?
Matt Nagy?
Mike Vrabel?

I would really like an offensive coach, but above that someone like Zimmer....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What has James Urban done to develop our wide receivers the last 2 years? Seems to me that Core didn't take a single step forward this year, Boyd has definitely taken two steps back, Ross looked completely lost on the 2 or 3 plays he actually was on the field, and Malone looked like a guy we put out there because we had nobody else.

Lazor was probably not given the best chance, but he also really didn't do a damn thing. Our offense stunk before he was OC and it stinks now.

Guenther is overrated by everyone that reads Hobson. The defense was built into a powerhouse by Mike Zimmer and at this point it is running on fumes. The further we get away from Zimmer running that room, the weaker the D has become. The funniest part of the whole thing is that we're led to believe that Pauly G is a good coach because of his 'mastery' on 3rd down. Have you watched the Bengals play 3rd downs this year? How about end of half scenarios? They are flat out awful.

I don't have much to add about Coyle. He was a good DBs coach when he was here previously... He failed as a DC in Miami.

Haslet is a good coach. And I think you can probably give him credit for the development of Vigil.

Did I state which ones? I think you assume which ones I would be referring to, and whether or not I would like to see them stay in the same positions.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I state which ones? I think you assume which ones I would be referring to, and whether or not I would like to see them stay in the same positions.

The other guy mentioned these guys specifically...... But, I'll bite - Which assistants do you want to keep?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other guy mentioned these guys specifically...... But, I'll bite - Which assistants do you want to keep?

How did the Bengals just do in the game? I take my love / hate relationship with the Bengals and their coaches on a per instance basis. Ask me that question again on Sunday afternoon.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bengals just do in the game? I take my love / hate relationship with the Bengals and their coaches on a per instance basis. Ask me that question again on Sunday afternoon.

What? So, you agree that the whole staff deserves to go? Because that's what I see - There isn't many unit on this team that you can be happy about.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the stadium deal runs out, this team is moving.

It's hard to get emotionally invested knowing that.

Mike Brown will likely just run the team into the ground until then.