• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Bill Musgrave Head Coach Material ??

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very good chance that Bill Musgrave takes over as interim HC at some point this season .. While I am not saying that I would want a coaching change at this point, with the way things have played out in the past, even the most staunch supporter of Vance would have to concede that a change would be necessary ..

On one hand, we would not be talking about this had Keenum hit DT, or perhaps, had the refs not blown a play clock call .. But on the other hand, if we are basing the job of a HC on one or two plays, that's not a good thing ..

If Vance is canned mid season, I would be shocked if Musgrave is not promoted to HC ... I think that was part of the plan in retaining Vance - that Bill Musgrave would be the safety net if things did not improve to the point of making us a playoff team ..

I think Bill is ready for a HC job

A few bit on Musgrave:

Musgrave was hired by the Minnesota Vikings to the position of offensive coordinator under head coach Leslie Frazier on January 16, 2011. The Vikings posted the top-ranked rushing offense in the league over that span, and Adrian Peterson had his 2,000 rushing yards season and received the AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award in 2012. After three seasons with the Vikings, he was not retained by new head coach Mike Zimmer after the 2013 season.

Musgrave was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as the team's quarterbacks coach on January 27, 2014. The Eagles finished sixth in the league in passing offense (272.3 ypg) despite splitting time between two quarterbacks. Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez started eight games apiece for the Eagles and combined to throw for 4,581 yards—a total topped by only five NFL quarterbacks that season.

Musgrave was hired by head coach Jack Del Rio on January 19, 2015, to serve as offensive coordinator. Musgrave took over an offense that ranked last in the NFL in total offense (282.2 ypg) and 31st in scoring (15.9 ppg) in 2014. The Raiders made the biggest offensive improvement in the NFL in yards per game (+91.1) and scoring (+10.2 ppg) in two seasons under Musgrave, finishing in the top seven in the league in both categories in 2016 (373.3 ypg/26.0 ppg).The Raiders’ offensive resurgence was spurred by the development of quarterback Derek Carr, who in two seasons in Musgrave’s offense passed for nearly 8,000 yards to go along with 60 touchdowns.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Musgrave could be a good choice and he has a good relationship with Elway and Kubiak but I would like to see the other candidates before I can give my full opinion.

I want the Broncos to win every game but it's starting to look like VJ won't make it beyond this season (or even part of it).

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I want a HC change. Will Elway get a good one that would tolerate him hoovering so close?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I want a HC change. Will Elway get a good one that would tolerate him hoovering so close?

This is where I think Musgrave comes in

It goes without saying that Elway likes to keep things in-house

Kubiak was a coordinator here in the mid 90s when John Elway and Bill Musgrave were the QBs ...

Unless this team goes on a incredible, Tebow-like run, I think we'll see Musgrave take over before season's end ..

And I think he is deserving of getting that shot ... In his past few jobs, he;s been pretty impressive, esp with the Raiders and how much Carr and the offense fell apart last year ..

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vance and Joe get fired, Musgrave is really the only choice. Not sure who they would bump up to replace Woods, but I'm pretty sure this is the likely scenario this year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm :drum:

I have no clue Mingo but IMO this team needs Wade Phillups . I would hire him as a Head Coach and let him retire a Broncos head coach.

that or
:harbaugh::saban:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are not fare with wade and Head Coach

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vance and Joe get fired, Musgrave is really the only choice. Not sure who they would bump up to replace Woods, but I'm pretty sure this is the likely scenario this year.

Bill Kollar's first coaching job in the NFL was in 1984, and he's been a DL coach on some really goods teams - the Falcons tean we beat in the SB, the Rams team under Vermeil ... He held the position of DL coach/ assistant head coach in Houston ..

He's 65 years old, and I'm a little surprised he never got a shot as DC

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I think Musgrave comes in

It goes without saying that Elway likes to keep things in-house

Kubiak was a coordinator here in the mid 90s when John Elway and Bill Musgrave were the QBs ...

Unless this team goes on a incredible, Tebow-like run, I think we'll see Musgrave take over before season's end ..

And I think he is deserving of getting that shot ... In his past few jobs, he;s been pretty impressive, esp with the Raiders and how much Carr and the offense fell apart last year ..

Then he signs or trades for Carr? I guess I just wonder if he would do a first time HC again or go with exp one.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he signs or trades for Carr? I guess I just wonder if he would do a first time HC again or go with exp one.

I think that if John were to bring in an experienced HC, there's no way Musgrave stays with the Broncos

Now, what if ( that dreaded what if ), what if Bill Musgrave then goes on and has success with the team that hires him as a HC - maybe not net year, but think that sooner than later, Musgrave will be a HC ..

And what if he turns some other team around and the guy Elway brings in has little to no success ?? ... Does Elway risk losing a home grown guy he is very familiar with - Musgrave was born in Grand Junction, played two season with John and I think is a legit HC candidate around the league ..

My gut is saying that John would rather risk failing with Musgrave than without him

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if John were to bring in an experienced HC, there's no way Musgrave stays with the Broncos

Now, what if ( that dreaded what if ), what if Bill Musgrave then goes on and has success with the team that hires him as a HC - maybe not net year, but think that sooner than later, Musgrave will be a HC ..

And what if he turns some other team around and the guy Elway brings in has little to no success ?? ... Does Elway risk losing a home grown guy he is very familiar with - Musgrave was born in Grand Junction, played two season with John and I think is a legit HC candidate around the league ..

My gut is saying that John would rather risk failing with Musgrave than without him

Makes total sense Lucas solid take.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is much better and better prepared then last years team. There is a fight about the team and they never give up. If a couple plays go the other way we are 4-0 and we are talking Super Bowl run and not about replacing our head coach. That being said we are a couple plays going the other way and staring at 0-4. The team has potential but for some reason the team is struggling to realize it. We did not get sacks against Mahomes but he was hit a lot. We continue that going forward we will win a lot of games.