• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only a matter of time before this became official. It was obvious he was on borrowed time.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Festivus Miracle!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though..... While I'm excited that the assistants are likely gone too, I'm really worried that Katie and Mike don't think we should pay top assistants the going rate. This will limit options for the next head coach.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll end up with the coach who doesn't mind working for minimum wage.

honestly, all the decent players should ban together and demand a trade carson palmer style. this shit is broke.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder what the perception of the Bengals HC job is around the league. The major negative is that you have to work on a shoestring budget. The major positive is unparalleled job security.
There's legit talent on this team too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the perception of the Bengals HC job is around the league. The major negative is that you have to work on a shoestring budget. The major positive is unparalleled job security.
There's legit talent on this team too.

Agreed. And I think you get more control over player personnel than most fans would believe.

Expectations are also reasonable.... If you get the team to a 6 seed next season, the town will throw a parade.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys, the next coach will be Greg Schiano. He fits all of the Mike Brown checkboxes.
Will come cheap.
He is desperate to coach again.
Will bring"discipline" style of coaching.
Will get good recommendations from Meyer and Belichik.
And after the Tennessee fiasco, he will be seen as the ultimate reclamation project for Mike.
And, unlike Tennessee, the bengals won't protest, because they'll just be happy its not Marvin.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have taken a trip back to the 90s.

Dalton has become Jon Kitna.

Our new coaches will have no real power, we will continue to try to replenish through the draft and let free agents walk out the door when they are finally ready to play. We will continue to have poor depth at positions the brown family fail to under stand are important.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to talk ourselves into a 2nd tier, top assistant. I'm thinking that Frank Reich will have several competitors. Obviously, Josh McDaniels is out of play. So, I'm not hopeful we'll get one of the top two offensive guys. The next best guys might be on the defensive side - Matt Patricia will scare a lot of folks because Bellicheck's assistants haven't panned out. Mike Vrabel might not have too high a profile yet, but could be attractive given his OSU roots. Mike and Katie are pretty dumb and stubborn about a lot of stuff, but I expect they know it will take some extra touches to sell the fans on someone that isn't a big name. Look for a local name or a guy from a winning program.

I'm not too interested in the recycled coaches.... Though, I think it would be funny to hire Todd Haley and watch him ride some of our pampered 'superstars.'

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...ewis-cincinnati-bengals-head-coach/959328001/

Interesting read. Long story short, nobody better get their hopes up. Guys like McDaniels, Shurmur, or Gruden aren’t even in consideration.

The fact that ST coach Darrin Simmons is an in-house candidate is the most absurd fucking thing I’ve ever heard in my life. His unit isn’t even good this year lol. If they give Simmons the job, i fucking quit. I’ll burn all my gear. Likely throw eggs at team headquarters while I’m at it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm thinking that Frank Reich will have several competitors

I have some reservations with Reich. He failed in SD with a top notch QB in Rivers and Philadelphia's head coach is offensive minded and might be a bigger factor in their game plans. I still wouldn't mind the hire.
I'm not sure what type of connection Boomer has to the Brown family these days but Reich was his teammate in college for 3 years at Maryland. He could be a good bridge between Reich and the Bengals if either side has any interest.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just doesn't matter. The current NFL just needs the Bengals to know their roll. We are to get beaten handily by the big market teams that fuel the profit machine. Any players we have that rise against this will be taken out and constantly reminded about it without any consequence from the NFL. (burfict for example)

we just don't get it because we are relics from the old guard. that shit is over.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It just doesn't matter. The current NFL just needs the Bengals to know their roll. We are to get beaten handily by the big market teams that fuel the profit machine. Any players we have that rise against this will be taken out and constantly reminded about it without any consequence from the NFL. (burfict for example)

we just don't get it because we are relics from the old guard. that shit is over.

You are correct sir. The NFL has their agenda, and they will not stray from it. IE Sunday's Pats game. C'mon man , you think the Pats were going to lose??

As much as I hate the fuckers, Steelers got fucked by a freight train.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct sir. The NFL has their agenda, and they will not stray from it. IE Sunday's Pats game. C'mon man , you think the Pats were going to lose??

As much as I hate the fuckers, Steelers got fucked by a freight train.

ha ha... yea.
It's kind of a screwy rule I think. I read something about it, but I didn't watch the play yet.
not sure I care. I'll root for any changing of the guard in the playoffs at this point. go Chiefs!

Phil Tipton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote of Doc at the Enquirer says it all about Marvin:

"15 years is a few lifetimes in the NFL. Lewis got tired, his message fell asleep. He wasn’t up for another re-boot, even if it had been offered, which it won’t be now. In 2010, the awful 4-12 t.ocho season, Lewis left the Morning After meeting believing he had resigned. Brown called him a little later in the day and asked him to come back in. The marriage endured 7 more seasons."

There is just no way Marvin can come back now. The loss of people going to games is immense. Fan apathy is at a high not seen since the nineties. Marvin has taken the team full circle. He is leaving us with a ton of talent though.

I really love Andy as a person, but I really don't think he is the franchise QB we need. I say draft a QB early, keep Andy ala John Kitna and develop the new guy into the QB we need. I really think the new coach will see this as well.

What about the coaching staff? I know that Mike likes to keep the bulk of them with a coaching change, but I believe the new guy should have final say. After-all, he will be the one held accountable. I like Urban, Lazor, Guenther, Haslett and Coyle but..........