• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

• Total voters

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind getting Cousins, but it looks like we're not going to be able to get him and have enough money to fix our holes.
Granted, I’m no expert in the cap, but where there’s a will,there is a way. And having Cousins on board will make it more palatable for some of the vets to restructure or take a cut

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said, we have to hit home runs in this years draft. We need to turn that aspect around

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for QB it still sounds like the Broncos are planning on going all in on Cousins. The Broncos are his first choice so unless another team blows him away with their offer there is a good chance he is the starting QB week 1 of this upcoming season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Cousins come to a team with such a shaky HC situation?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Cousins come to a team with such a shaky HC situation?

Because of the Front Office. The Broncos have made it clear they are the team that wants him most. That type of respect is something that he greatly values. Players have been very outspoken of what they want to happen at the QB position. Heck Von Miller offered his guest house for Cousins to stay in.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the Front Office. The Broncos have made it clear they are the team that wants him most. That type of respect is something that he greatly values. Players have been very outspoken of what they want to happen at the QB position. Heck Von Miller offered his guest house for Cousins to stay in.
But wouldn't any team in the Cousins hunt will want him the most?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Cousins tied to the Vikings, not the Broncos. At least that's what I glean from the national press. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos plan on clearing cap space to make a run at him. Talib, DT, Sanders....who goes?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't any team in the Cousins hunt will want him the most?

There is no other team out there being as public as that of the Broncos though. Yes lots of teams want him but players have been doing the full court press both publicly and privately. There are quite a few players that have come to Elway pretty much saying they will do whatever it takes to help out to get Cousins. So some restructures are in the works to make sure he ends up a Bronco. The players are obsessed with Cousins.

Also helps that Elway was Cousins' favorite QB growing up from what I understand. The chance to work with him is a very nice bonus for Cousins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Cousins tied to the Vikings, not the Broncos. At least that's what I glean from the national press. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos plan on clearing cap space to make a run at him. Talib, DT, Sanders....who goes?

Obviously some guys are going to have to go. Some will depend on how they make the contract though and how much of a discount Cousins would give the Broncos.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pro Cousins for the simple fact Elway has shown he can't evaluate offensive players at the top of the draft and having Cousins will eliminate the requirement to use another high pick on a QB plus you don't waste another year of our defense. Be interesting to see if Von helps out. He's been the most vocal. We need at least 2 All Pro caliber players out of this draft and another quality long term starter. Several players at #5 can be instant impact players.

I like the saying

QBs get the lead but pass rushers protect the lead.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here where free agency gets tricky this year.

I honestly think this is Drew Brees' last year, especially if he wins a Super Bowl.

All three of Minnesota's QBs are FAs this year and seeing how Keenum is playing, why in the world would they let Keenum be a free agent? Minnesota will likely sign Keenum and Bridgewater and let Bradford walk.

I believe the Redskins will pay Cousins whatever he wants because without Cousins, the Redskins are probably on the Browns level.

Eli Manning is probably not done yet. I don't think this is how he wants to go out.

Alex Smith is definitely not going to be the starter for the Chiefs next year. It's Patrick Mahomes' time.

I can't see the Bills letting Tyrod go after the disaster that is Nathan Peterman unless the Bills are ready to go to the draft for another QB.

With all that said, I see the only options for the Broncos as far as vet QBs go would be Sam Bradford, Eli Manning and Alex Smith. Out of those three, I'd say Alex Smith would be the best option. But, would Elway pass up the chance at bringing another Manning into Denver? I'm not too sure about that.

With picking in the top 5, do you even want to go the free agency route? I mean, there are bound to be a decent rookie QB at #5. More than likely, the Browns and Giants will draft a QB. Many experts are predicting at least 5 QBs drafted in the first round. Maybe the right question is who is the best rookie QB that fits with this offense?
Foles, but he won't be cheap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme Aaron Judge though. For real. The yankees have two players who combined hit 111 home runs last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in Gary Sanchez and you have 3 players with a combined 144 home runs last year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this guy...

upload_2018-2-13_14-48-54.jpeg