• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

• Total voters

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts traded Luck to the Broncos - Indy fans will likely tear the place apart (Saying the 3rd Time is the charm).

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I voted for Alex Smith, thinking he was a FA. Since that's NOT the case, and doubt we really want to sign any kind of "unproven" vet, or 32mm vet (like Cousins), I'm going to say....

Tyrod Taylor. Which makes me gag.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I voted for Alex Smith, thinking he was a FA. Since that's NOT the case, and doubt we really want to sign any kind of "unproven" vet, or 32mm vet (like Cousins), I'm going to say....

TT is just a modest upgrade over what we have. Maybe even a lateral move. I’d much rather see the team shell out for Cousins. I think we’d have a pretty dynamic offense with him. Eli would be good too. I said it earlier that Manning would be a 2 year option and that allows the Broncos to see if Lynch is salvageable if that’s what they want to do. They pick up his 5th year option and if he’s good by then they can offer a deal. The Manning bridge also lends itself to an option in the draft like Josh Allen, who may need a couple years to develop. And of course we can’t forget Chad Kelly, who some people seem really high on. I’m not convinced he’s much more than the #3 at best but I’ve been wrong before.

Also does anyone think there’s a chance the Saints move on from Brees now that their season is over?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is just a modest upgrade over what we have. Maybe even a lateral move. I’d much rather see the team shell out for Cousins. I think we’d have a pretty dynamic offense with him. Eli would be good too. I said it earlier that Manning would be a 2 year option and that allows the Broncos to see if Lynch is salvageable if that’s what they want to do. They pick up his 5th year option and if he’s good by then they can offer a deal. The Manning bridge also lends itself to an option in the draft like Josh Allen, who may need a couple years to develop. And of course we can’t forget Chad Kelly, who some people seem really high on. I’m not convinced he’s much more than the #3 at best but I’ve been wrong before.

Also does anyone think there’s a chance the Saints move on from Brees now that their season is over?
IDK about Brees. NO should have won yesterday so why not try again in '18

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why people are so down on Tyrod Taylor, his worst season was this year at 2,800 yards, 14 TD's and 4 INT's. And that's his worst season in a shitty Rick Dennison Offense(we all know how awful he is). He's thrown 18 picks and lost 5 fumbles his entire career, our QB's combine for that in half a season.

Taylor is a good dual threat QB(one we don't have) who rarely turns the ball over(one we don't have) and is smart with the football(one we don't have). You put Tyrod on this team and we're instantly back to a playoff caliber team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about Brees. NO should have won yesterday so why not try again in '18

Perhaps. But in the NFL “should have won” is no different than “lost” and while Brees did lead the Saints to some late game lead changes and wasn’t part of the defensive collapse that lost the game, none of these things happen in a vacuum. He didn’t play great early.

Regardless I doubt yesterday’s game is the litmus test by which the Saints will make a decision. Expected production and player salary will be the driving factors. If the Saints believe Brees gives them a shot at a SB run they won’t part with him. If they determine expected production is not worth the cost we may get a shot at him.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people are so down on Tyrod Taylor, his worst season was this year at 2,800 yards, 14 TD's and 4 INT's. And that's his worst season in a shitty Rick Dennison Offense(we all know how awful he is). He's thrown 18 picks and lost 5 fumbles his entire career, our QB's combine for that in half a season.

Taylor is a good dual threat QB(one we don't have) who rarely turns the ball over(one we don't have) and is smart with the football(one we don't have). You put Tyrod on this team and we're instantly back to a playoff caliber team.
I keep forgetting Dennison was the OC up there. Perhaps I’ve been too hasty...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our QBs this year didn't turn the ball over we may have been in the playoffs.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels has been known to trade his starting qb....ahem....Luck

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Tyrod, he’s just wildly inaccurate. He would be better than what we have, but he is not a franchise qb

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well trade you mike Glennon and a third for two firsts, a fifth, and Osweiler.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He don't need no stinking QB .. McD

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article last night that talked about how much Josh learned from his time in Denver. I think the Colts may have a good one that could bring them to the top few in the AFC for years.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that Jimmy G just took Cousins out of Denver's price range, it looks like Tyrod Taylor may be our best bet. I think swinging a deal with Buffalo, then drafting a guy at #5 would be the way to go. Taylor would make sure we draft a guy who doesn't have to be ready out of the gate. He could sit behind Ty for a year or 2, then take the keys. It also gives us the option of going BPA at 5 and using our 2nd rounder to get one of the guys that slips (although we may have to trade up into the back end of the 1st to do that) or one of the next tier down guys if we really like one of them.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that Jimmy G just took Cousins out of Denver's price range, it looks like Tyrod Taylor may be our best bet. I think swinging a deal with Buffalo, then drafting a guy at #5 would be the way to go. Taylor would make sure we draft a guy who doesn't have to be ready out of the gate. He could sit behind Ty for a year or 2, then take the keys. It also gives us the option of going BPA at 5 and using our 2nd rounder to get one of the guys that slips (although we may have to trade up into the back end of the 1st to do that) or one of the next tier down guys if we really like one of them.

Cool Avi

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sub out Taylor for bridgewater
Sign solder, shift Bolles
Trade back from 5 get an extra 2nd and more
Select 3 players in the first two rounds
Hopefully one is a QB

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t get Cousins, we have to get Rosen imo. Enough messing around, time to get the position right. I still want to get Cousins though

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don’t get Cousins, we have to get Rosen imo. Enough messing around, time to get the position right. I still want to get Cousins though

I wouldn't mind getting Cousins, but it looks like we're not going to be able to get him and have enough money to fix our holes.