• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

• Total voters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron is much more appealing when he doesn't cost us a 2nd. But......

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron is much more appealing when he doesn't cost us a 2nd. But......
Dopey question I am wondering if you might know or have a reasonable guesstimate for: How much cap space is a 2nd round pick worth? Not the player per se, but in trade value? The Osweiler trade has me wondering if anyone has looked into that.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know about signing McCarron. Seems like at worst it could develop into another Siemian/Lynch situation, because I'm not convinced we wouldn't draft a QB at #5 and use McCarron as a placeholder.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dopey question I am wondering if you might know or have a reasonable guesstimate for: How much cap space is a 2nd round pick worth? Not the player per se, but in trade value? The Osweiler trade has me wondering if anyone has looked into that.

Here is how I would go about figuring it out. Usually a 2nd round pick is expected to be an average to above average starter on a team. So I guess some depends on position but I would just factor in how much does a 2nd round pick save you over the course of a 4-year contract and that is about how much it could be worth to a team. So I would say at least $12-15 million is what the pick would be worth.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes mcarron appealing, hje was a 5th rounder from bama, learning under dalton

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes mcarron appealing, hje was a 5th rounder from bama, learning under dalton

Honestly nothing makes him all that appealing in my eyes. Average arm at best. Struggles against zone coverage. At best he is a bottom-10 starter in the NFL. One of the stop-gap type QB's.

For some Bronco fans though they saw him for one half of a game play well against our 2015 defense. I think it was his first start when Dalton went down with injury. He made some great tight window throws to the sideline. Cincinnati was able to jump out to an early 14-0 lead in that game in big part because of McCarron. The defense adjusted though pretty quickly and he did jack squat the rest of the game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly nothing makes him all that appealing in my eyes. Average arm at best. Struggles against zone coverage. At best he is a bottom-10 starter in the NFL. One of the stop-gap type QB's.

For some Bronco fans though they saw him for one half of a game play well against our 2015 defense. I think it was his first start when Dalton went down with injury. He made some great tight window throws to the sideline. Cincinnati was able to jump out to an early 14-0 lead in that game in big part because of McCarron. The defense adjusted though pretty quickly and he did jack squat the rest of the game.
This is what I have been telling people on the NFL (and Skins board since they had an AJ thread for some reason) board and it doesn't appear to be taking for some.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have been telling people on the NFL (and Skins board since they had an AJ thread for some reason) board and it doesn't appear to be taking for some.

People have this crazy idea that if a player could just get into a new environment they can become something. McCarron had a couple of flashes which brings people in, but like most QB's that have done so little in the NFL yet seem to get hyped up they rarely ever live up to the hype. Teams get more film on them and they begin to show why they are backups to guys like Andy Dalton who is barely an average starter himself.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trevor Siemian should get another chance - I can spell his name and everything (meaning I made more progress than he did) Let's bet another season him. Or, we can bet the season that there is a magical way to employ Paxton Lynch at QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trevor Siemian should get another chance - I can spell his name and everything (meaning I made more progress than he did) Let's bet another season him. Or, we can bet the season that there is a magical way to employ Paxton Lynch at QB.
ur d cant stay that good forever.....

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ur d cant stay that good forever.....

I agree. If the Broncos choose not to pay for Cousins (I think they would have to sacrifice too much talent to pay for Cousins after Jimmy G's deal) I would like to go with a guy like Tyrod Taylor. A guy that protects the ball, but can move the offense. He should be much cheaper then Cousins. If we go that route we likely use the #5 pick on a QB as Taylor is not a franchise QB, but he would improve the QB play over last year and has proven he can have some success in the NFL.

That being said I would not trade for Taylor as I believe the Bills will cut him before his roster bonus on March 16th. I know Taylor's contract ranks mid-pack of starting QBs, and would probably be right about the same general area if we were to sign him. Lets say we sign him to a 3 year 54 Million contract, which would be a little more then he is scheduled to make with Buffalo this year. He would give some insurance and time for a rookie to develop while making this team more competitive.

Now this doesn't seem like an Elway type move, but maybe it should be. I think he wants to make a splash at QB even if it means sacrificing talent across the team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If the Broncos choose not to pay for Cousins (I think they would have to sacrifice too much talent to pay for Cousins after Jimmy G's deal) I would like to go with a guy like Tyrod Taylor. A guy that protects the ball, but can move the offense. He should be much cheaper then Cousins. If we go that route we likely use the #5 pick on a QB as Taylor is not a franchise QB, but he would improve the QB play over last year and has proven he can have some success in the NFL.

That being said I would not trade for Taylor as I believe the Bills will cut him before his roster bonus on March 16th. I know Taylor's contract ranks mid-pack of starting QBs, and would probably be right about the same general area if we were to sign him. Lets say we sign him to a 3 year 54 Million contract, which would be a little more then he is scheduled to make with Buffalo this year. He would give some insurance and time for a rookie to develop while making this team more competitive.

Now this doesn't seem like an Elway type move, but maybe it should be. I think he wants to make a splash at QB even if it means sacrificing talent across the team.
i just mean dont wait on semian

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If the Broncos choose not to pay for Cousins (I think they would have to sacrifice too much talent to pay for Cousins after Jimmy G's deal).
I don’t care how much we have to spend on a QB, just get that right. I’m not confident that we’ll get the franchise QB we all dream about getting the 3rd or even 4th QB drafting at #5. If we have to spend 50% of our cap space on Cousins, I would do that. ;) And then with the core we have and add to it with our draft capital, we will be competitive for the next 7-8 years.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay cousins whatever he wants and start getting the damn offensive players right
So tired of watching Elway screw up the offensive drafts
When you draft poorly, you have to overpay
“Winning is tall” - John Elway