• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

If Denver gets a Veteran QB, who is it?

• Total voters

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow - the Marvelous circus year of playing football. I really enjoyed the Tebow era, but never again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the history of time is divided by BDC and ADC (Before Draft Crazy and After Draft Crazy).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care how much we have to spend on a QB, just get that right. I’m not confident that we’ll get the franchise QB we all dream about getting the 3rd or even 4th QB drafting at #5. If we have to spend 50% of our cap space on Cousins, I would do that. ;) And then with the core we have and add to it with our draft capital, we will be competitive for the next 7-8 years.

What if that is with in ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's get it year 3 !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor !

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky - I've ruined dozens of them.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more that I think about this, the more I am starting to frown on signing Kirk Cousins. I think Jimmy G's contract with San Fran set the bar a little out of our reach. I know they are saying Elway is going to get creative and sign KC while not losing too much of the team around him, but I just can't see how that is possible. I really don't trust guys like Keenum (one hit wonder?), Bradford (injury history), Bridgewater (coming off a major injury), and others on the market. So, I think we need to go the rookie route. I really hope we don't trade up, since that would be expensive pick-wise, and we would need those picks to get help for a young QB. I wouldn't mind bringing in a vet to play the mentor role (McCown?, maybe Bridgewater if he is cheap enough or willing to sign a short contract), but I just think that Cousins would pretty much wipe out our cap room or cause us to lose a couple of pieces, which would downgrade the overall talent on the team.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more that I think about this, the more I am starting to frown on signing Kirk Cousins. I think Jimmy G's contract with San Fran set the bar a little out of our reach. I know they are saying Elway is going to get creative and sign KC while not losing too much of the team around him, but I just can't see how that is possible. I really don't trust guys like Keenum (one hit wonder?), Bradford (injury history), Bridgewater (coming off a major injury), and others on the market. So, I think we need to go the rookie route. I really hope we don't trade up, since that would be expensive pick-wise, and we would need those picks to get help for a young QB. I wouldn't mind bringing in a vet to play the mentor role (McCown?, maybe Bridgewater if he is cheap enough or willing to sign a short contract), but I just think that Cousins would pretty much wipe out our cap room or cause us to lose a couple of pieces, which would downgrade the overall talent on the team.

This is where I'm at too. Go the rookie route. Get your guy, commit 100%, build a team around his skill set and take it from there. Keep the QB money cheap for now and fix the rest of our many holes. I would love for that rookie to be Rosen, if possible. Mayfield would probably be 2nd on my list.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the opposite side of the fence. Since I believe that the NFL should change its name to the QBL, I think you pay whatever you have to get the QB you want/need.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the opposite side of the fence. Since I believe that the NFL should change its name to the QBL, I think you pay whatever you have to get the QB you want/need.
I kind of agree with this, but I don't think Cousins is on the level of the elite guys in the league that would fit in that category. Like Mile High said, I think we should take advantage of picking early in a draft full of QB prospects and groom our own guy. We would get 4 years to figure out if he is truly the guy or not, then we pay him whatever he wants. If we want Cousins, we will have to probably sacrifice Talib (who is probably gone anyway), Manny Sanders, maybe DT, and maybe Wolfe or another defensive piece this year to bring him in. Plus, we would have to look at guys who have contracts expiring next year or the year after (Ray, Roby, and Harris off the top of my head) to see who we can keep or who will take a discount to stay. Honestly, I was (and still am, really) fine with paying Cousins somewhere around 25 mil, but I don't think that would be enough now that Garappolo got 27.5 or whatever it was. And with Minnesota having more cap room than us and more of a team that he can be surrounded by, it would take a crazy sales pitch to convince him to come to Denver over Minnesota. I wasn't worried much about the Jets, since they are more of a project, but the way things are shaking out, I don't see us winning this bidding war that is about to ensue for Cousins.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I just don't believe that the price the Broncos would have to pay is worth it with the high flying free agents that are out there. Trade Siemian, hang onto Lynch and go out and get a bridge like McCown, McCarron or Bridgewater if we have to. Then go get YOUR guy with the number 5 pick and build a dynasty around him while the QB position is affordable.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't believe that the price the Broncos would have to pay is worth it with the high flying free agents that are out there. Trade Siemian, hang onto Lynch and go out and get a bridge like McCown, McCarron or Bridgewater if we have to. Then go get YOUR guy with the number 5 pick and build a dynasty around him while the QB position is affordable.

Just my two cents but history has shown that I'm always right! Just ask my wife.