• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Thread

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Still need a youth movement here, long term stability.

I'd be OK with re-signing Sample - solid blocker, and that would be needed with Smith being smaller more of a receiving option, IMO, than blocking.

But, I think the signing at least takes the "need" of grabbing a guy in the 1st round off the table. If a guy is there they love, great, if not...I think rounds 2-4 are going to offer up some really solid options.
I think I am now fully in the camp of drafting RT with our first round pick. Draft Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones with our first pick....Wright is my first preference. Worry about TE in the 3rd or 4th round.

#1 - RT Darnell Wright
#2 - CB Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
#3 - RB Dewayne McBride
#4 - TE Zack Kuntz

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certainly an option.

I think we'll be ok at RT with Ford starting the season, then Collins finally coming back off of injury, getting injured again, and then someone like Carman or Adenji taking over.

might be good to get a rookie RT under contract though with a value pick if it presents itself.
offensively, I think we have been missing a RB who is a difference maker. if one presents themselves in the first round, we should take it, but same could be said of the TE position.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certainly an option.

I think we'll be ok at RT with Ford starting the season, then Collins finally coming back off of injury, getting injured again, and then someone like Carman or Adenji taking over.

might be good to get a rookie RT under contract though with a value pick if it presents itself.
offensively, I think we have been missing a RB who is a difference maker. if one presents themselves in the first round, we should take it, but same could be said of the TE position.
Only RB worth a 1st round pick is Robinson. I don't think he is making it past the Cowboys personally.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only RB worth a 1st round pick is Robinson. I don't think he is making it past the Cowboys personally.
I'm intrigued by Gibbs from Alabama. Seems to me that the writing is on the wall and Taylor and Callahan are going to mostly stick to a pass-first offense. The Bengals used a lot of check downs on early passing downs against Cover 2 to pick up yards. Gibbs would be a major headache for teams if the Bengals just checked it down to him to get teams out of those deep shells. He would be a real weapon.

Obvious downsides are that he probably doesn't block well enough and you need a bigger back for eating the clock late.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued by Gibbs from Alabama. Seems to me that the writing is on the wall and Taylor and Callahan are going to mostly stick to a pass-first offense. The Bengals used a lot of check downs on early passing downs against Cover 2 to pick up yards. Gibbs would be a major headache for teams if the Bengals just checked it down to him to get teams out of those deep shells. He would be a real weapon.

Obvious downsides are that he probably doesn't block well enough and you need a bigger back for eating the clock late.
I really like his potential in passing and running game but I have no idea what his blocking is like either. With that said, I think if we wound up losing targets by our pick and we trade back into early second round I would like that pick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one of these "depth" signings...really have to like how the FO has worked the market the past 2-3 years. Impressive turnaround for this organization.

Fs9WzQrWwAwTfxN

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sticks out to me most - his ability to drop into pass coverage. Lou loves doing this with his DE's. Would seem to be a system fit, even if the overall stats don't blow you away.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sticks out to me most - his ability to drop into pass coverage. Lou loves doing this with his DE's. Would seem to be a system fit, even if the overall stats don't blow you away.

Those are some pretty exciting plays actually. Love his hustle and pass rush moves. I do like the fact he is capable of dropping into zone also to assist with confusion for offenses on the defensive alignments.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some pretty exciting plays actually. Love his hustle and pass rush moves. I do like the fact he is capable of dropping into zone also to assist with confusion for offenses on the defensive alignments.
Yeah, I always take highlight reels with a big grain of salt for guys like this. Sure, they have their moments, but if they played like that all the time, they'd be under contract and making All-pro/Pro-Bowl teams...

So, for me - I try and look a bit deeper into the fit. When I saw him drop back in several clips and make those kinds of plays - that is what sticks out to me about Lou's defense. Just a great fit. Would seem to be a good rotational guy with Hubbard at that spot - Hendrickson at one side, this guy at the other and then you can use Carter, Ossai, Hubbard, etc...at the other DT spot for a true 4-man rush alignment - while also still having the ability to drop any one of those guys into coverage to keep QB's off balance and guessing.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals lose Brandon Allen and pick up Trevor Siemian...... Here's some footage of Trevor Siemian destroying the Bengals.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our other backup; I think he has talent. Just needs more experience, I guess.

having someone with a little experience who won't obviously lose a game that's been basically won by Joe B is a good thing, sometimes you need a good relief pitcher.